I love black forest cake…
I love mini desserts…
so it seemed like this would be an awesome way to combine the two things.
Yet I swear I hit every roadblock known to bakers with this recipe. Every thing that could wrong did.
The recipe I initially used was a brownie recipe…bad recipe…
The pan I used was a mini brownie bundt pan…bad pan…
I forgot to grate my chocolate and threw whole 1 oz pieces in my mixer, yup, bad baker…
I ran out of eggs while making it…
I screwed up the ganache…
Then axed the ganache completely…
Started over with a new brownie recipe…
This my lovelies is the result…
- I used the Best Brownies in the World Recipe for the cake portion.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Grated good quality chocolate
- Make brownies according to directions, pour into mini brownie bundt pan. Reduce cook time by about half.
- In a stand mixer whip the ingredients until fluffy.
- Once mini cakes are cooled, top with whipping cream, then cherries, then repeat, and add grated chocolate over top.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve with a big old cherry smile!
So what do you think?
Still bundtalicious or two bundt sized thumbs down?
I have to admit I usually do quite well when it comes to baking. I’ve been lucky. Not many recipes are epic fails. Then the odd one just smacks me upside the head and teaches me new things.
1. Do not bake at the last minute.
2. Plan posts well advance.
3. Have ingredients on hand for recipes.
Yup, even us food bloggers have off days. Today was definitely one of those days.
Tastes yummy…looks horrible. Not all recipes are wickedly photogenic. Luckily my tummy could care less what it looks like.
I also apologize for the brownie link being external. It’s one of my earlier posts. It’s a way better recipe than the first one I used for this. I tried the one that came with my pan and it stunk. Bad. Like big old skunkaroo stinkage. The bundts were hard as a rock. Just remember the one I used is a gooey fudgey brownie so if you want a more classic cake type brownie please use a recipe that is cake like brownies. Or if you want a classic black forest cake I would say just use a chocolate cake recipe.
Can you tell I’m tired?
I think my brain is still in Easter mode. So worn out.
I encourage you all to go visit some food bloggers who do plan ahead, cook on time and are bundt geniuses. These folks rock, and I think you need to go visit them all right away.
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- White Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use cherries – and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before April 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
Toodles and smoochies! xx