Simple, quick and perfect for any weekday supper. This Angel Hair Pasta is topped with a shallot, garlic, broccoli and lemon sauce. Light yet tasty, you must try this one!
This recipe is something I’ve whipped up in various forms over the years. I’ve made versions with almost every kind of vegetable on earth. This is just one of those simple recipes that’s perfect for any week day. It’s easy to make and a great 30 Minutes or Less Recipe. Perfect for all you busy people out there.
It’s chock full of yumminess. I have a serious weakness for shallots and garlic. I try to use them as often as possible. They’re good for you and they just amp up the flavour of any meal. I found some nice broccoli which is one of my fave veggies on earth. There’s not a lot of dark green veggies my IBS tolerates but for some reason broccoli does not irritate my tummy. So it’s another vegetable I try to throw inside as many meals as possible. I added a dash of fresh lemon juice to this too and well, let’s just be honest here, a little lemon in pasta like this one just pops the flavour off the charts.
You can swap out the veggies to your own taste. Whatever you like use it. There’s no right or wrong when it comes to your own personal taste. Make it your way, and enjoy the heck out of it. Which is exactly what I did.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 package of Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into tiny pieces
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ to ½ cup reserved pasta water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put a large stock pot of water on the stove over high heat. Bring to a boil. Once it boils salt it generously.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil start getting the rest of the dish together.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan. Start to cook over medium heat. Add the shallots. Cook for about 5 minutes so they can soften.
- Now add the broccoli and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick. If you need more olive oil add a little.
- Now toss in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the white wine and let it cook until it is reduced by half. It should only take a few minutes.
- Add your butter and lemon, stirring till the butter melts and the mixture is slightly saucy. Only takes a few moments.
- Turn the heat down for a couple of minutes while you cook your angel hair noodles.
- Once your pasta water is boiling well, and it's been salted, toss your angel hair pasta in the water. It only needs to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Check your package directions.
- Now drain pasta (reserve a little bit, there's flavour in the pasta water) but do not rinse.
- Bring the frying pan back up to a medium heat, add your pasta to the pan and start to toss it gently until it comes together. Add a little pasta water to the pan, it helps bring the dish together beautifully.
- Add some salt and pepper to your own taste.
- Serve with a big old smile!
Other Weekday Supper Participants to visit this week:
06/25/13 – Tuesday – Salmon Tacos from Basic N Delicious
06/26/13 – Wednesday – Baked Lemon Sole with Parmesan Crust from Noshing With The Nolands
06/27/13 – Thursday – Healthier Santa Fe Frito Pie from Shockingly Delicious
06/28/13 – Friday – Jalapeno Popper Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Try this one today! It’s a great weekday supper recipe. It’s also a great meatless monday option. Let me know which veggies you would toss in this dish. I’d love to hear how you would customize this to your own taste.
Craving more Pasta Recipes? Check these out:
Be sure to peruse my recipe index for more pasta recipes. There are lots of easy recipes you can make for dinner, and tons of simple desserts as well. There are also some meatless recipes like this angel hair pasta you landed on. You can also use the search bar to look for recipes. It’s pretty easy to use.
I would love to invite you to follow me on Pinterest. I adore Pinterest and spend way too much time curating my boards with fun recipes, lots of fun memes, tons of DIY Inspiration, and great quotes. If you love food I highly recommend following my Yum board, as well as my Beautiful Food from around the Web. Following me on Pinterest is a great way to keep up to date on all the new recipes from my blog. You’ll never miss a recipe.
Feel free to follow me on Instagram as well. I’m on there posting recipes,a s well as too many photos of our new kitten. I know, I know, but he’s so stinking cute. I can’t seem to help myself. I’m obsessed with Dixon the Kitten. Honestly, he’s just the most lovable kitten I’ve ever met. Plus he’s super cute.
Toodles and smoochies! xx