Redpop Float #icecreamsundays

There is nothing as nostalgic as making an ice cream float. This one uses Faygo Redpop which reminds me even more of childhood. This treat will make you feel like a kid again.

Redpop Floats | Cravings of a Lunatic | #drink #beverage #icecream #frozen #icecreamsundays

Happy Holiday Weekend!

Hope you are all enjoying yourselves this weekend. Only a couple more days before most of the kiddos head back to school. My hooligans head back in about a week. University kids start later than the rest. So I get to enjoy another week with mini-me before life returns to normal. B-dude is out west and I hate that. I wish that boy would move closer to home, not going to lie.

One thing I miss a ton about having B-dude around is his willingness to try anything. He was my guinea pig when it came to trying new recipes. He was always willing to try my crazy concoctions. I have a feeling he would love this.

Just watching the fizz is one of the coolest things in the world. I cannot get enough of it. Every time I watch a float fizz up it reminds me of my childhood. That’s always a cool thing.

Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!

Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | G+ | Kiss My Smoke

Redpop Float #icecreamsundays

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 2 small glasses or 1 large

Serving Size: Depend how thirsty you are!

Redpop Float #icecreamsundays

• 1 can of Faygo Redpop
  • 2 to 4 scoops vanilla ice cream

• Pour your cold pop into a glass.
  • Scoop out your ice cream and drop it inside the glass.
  • Watch the magic happen.
  • Enjoy with a big old nostalgic smile!

Total fizzy happiness. I hope you try this. I just love Faygo pop. We used to ride our bikes up to the pop shoppe to buy it when we were kids. I love picking it up when we shop state-side now. It’s just so much fun to sip something you have such fond memories of.

Other fun weekend beverages:

Root Beer Float | Cravings of a Lunatic | #rootbeerfloat #icecreamweek #frozentreatsRoot Beer Float

Italian Cherry Cream Sodas | Cravings of a Lunatic | #drink #beverage #cherryItalian Cherry Cream Sodas

Shirley Temple | Cravings of a Lunatic | #drink #beverage #cherry Shirley Temple

Cherry Daiquiri | Cravings of a Lunatic | #beverage #drink #cherryVirgin Cherry Daiquiri

Comments

These Redpop floats are a work of art. The pics are so pretty! And I’m sure they taste as great as they look. Love all of the other weekend beverages too! Thank you very much for the mention on your Shirley Temple post. Have a wonderful rest of the Holiday weekend!

• 2
      Kim Beaulieu says:

Thanks so much Nancy. I loved your photos of the Shirley Temples so much. I swear I want to frame them and put them on the kitchen wall. That post brought back so many wonderful childhood memories for me. And I now make Shirley Temples more regularly, had no idea they were so easy to make.

Happy weekend lady.

Becca from It's Yummi! says:

You’re right, Kim. There’s nothing quite like the fizz to take me back in time! Yummi nostalgic fun!

• 4
      Kim Beaulieu says:

I know right. I picked up pop rocks while in St Jacobs at the candy store and I can’t wait to find a use for them with some drink or baking. I love a good fizz.

Love the color of this! I don’t believe I’ve ever seen Redpop before, but I don’t hang out that much in the soda aisle – I’ll have to look for it! Good stuff – thanks.

• 6
      Kim Beaulieu says:

We had a store in town called The Pop Shoppe. It sold redpop and tons of other flavours. Occasionally I stumble on the Pop Shoppe brand somewhere and buy tons and swoon over it. When I can’t find it Faygo works beautifully. Mini-me goes shopping in the states about once a month so she picks up all these little treasures for me. I’ve gotten redpop, cherry pepsi (used to be impossible to get here), roasted saigon cinnamon, and one time she even brought home a cute cake stand. She is a great little personal shopper. She also found turtle snack mix last year which I did not know existed and should have never found it. Ha.

This looks so good! So do the other soda’s now I want one!

Yum! This looks incredible! Red Pop is my favorite, I can’t believe I have never thought of making it into a delicious float!

This is a fizz forward for me, I have never tried this but definitely intend to :D

Cheers
    CCU

Katie would love this bright fizzy float! This may be a birthday treat for her next week…it would go perfectly with red velvet cake :) And I miss having Tom at home, too…he will try absolutely everything. Now, I just tempt him with chocolate and he’ll drive up from downtown for a doggy bag.

• 14
      Kim Beaulieu says:

I hope she got to have it. Love red velvet cake. It’s perfection. It always makes me think of that scene in Steel Magnolias where they talk about the grooms cake, how he wanted an armadillo but red velvet so they were worried it would look like they were cutting into a real animal. So funny.

I know right, the boys are always so open to trying new things. I can’t wait for B to come home for Christmas. I have so many things I want to have him be a guinea pig for. Plus I got this wicked cool mac n cheese cookbook so I can finally make amazing mac n cheese. He’s going to want to steal this book for sure. I wish B was that close. It bums me out hard how far he is.

I’ve never had a redpop float. ever. in my life.

6 years later my mom still says she misses me and wished I was closer. Not sure it ever goes away for some moms. I kind of think though if I moved right in she wouldn’t be too happy about that either.

• 18
      Kim Beaulieu says:

It never will for me. I am just waiting to see where the other one ends up then I’ll move so I’m firmly in between them. Lol. We’ve considered all moving out west. It’s a possibility in the next few years. But then B could end up having to teach somewhere else. All I know is when they have kids I want to be close to my grandkids so I can go to soccer games, and hockey games, even go on field trips. I can’t imagine being far from grandkids. Probably because I lost my mom at a young age and my kids have never known the type of grandparents I had, and know my mom would have been. So I tend to feel this overwhelming desire to make sure when I have them they know me well.

I would love him to move closer but I think once kids leave the nest they should not come back to it. I always told mine “once you you’re gone for good”. Lol! Meanwhile B’s room is still is his room. No conversion yet. *ha*

I just found a bunch of martini glasses yday, Kimmy.
    Desserts look extra-sexy in martini glasses, don’ t they?

….like I need convincing to eat sugar……

• 20
      Kim Beaulieu says:

They really, really do. And shot glasses. I freaking love shot glasses.

Ha, I swear I should just inject mine at this point.

I have never heard of redpop… but I want to pop that glass right into my mouth! :)

• 22
      Kim Beaulieu says:

It’s so good Ramona. You need to seek it out. It’s made by Faygo. So yummy! Make sure it’s really cold. Tastes amazing super cold.