Cute, tasty and spooktacular! These Franken Berry Krispies are perfect for kids and adults. Enjoy these easy to make cereal treats. Happy Halloween!
I thought a little last minute Halloween recipe was in order. So I whipped up some super easy, tasty cereal treats for you.
But then I ate them all.
Happy Halloween though.
Don’t fret, I’ll give you a quick recipe so you can whip these little cuties up all by your little old self.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 4 and ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows (16 oz/1 lb/454 g size)
- 8 cups of Franken Berry cereal (it's almost a full box (9.6 oz/272 g) size
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan really well with non stick spray. If you don't have non stick spray use butter or shortening and wipe it on the inside the pan. Don't spray the outside of the pan. Please tell me y'all have not done that. Are there people out there who have? Okay now I want to know if there's anyone who has actually done that without realizing how silly it was. Moving on.
- Set that pan aside, you're going to want it ready to rock n roll before making the krispies.
- In a large saucepan, or pot, melt your butter over a low-ish heat. Toss in the marshmallows. Stir constantly till the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Now take it off the heat.
- Add your snazzy Franken Berry cereal. Stir like mad.
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed well with non stick spray. One trick to press them down really well is to spray the back of a metal spoon with non stick spray then use that to press the krispies down. I've even been known to spray my hands to get the krispies pressed down well. You do what you gotta do man!
- Cut into squares.
- Let them stand for like 15 to 30 minutes. Also, good luck with that step.
- Shove them in your pie hole. At rapid speed.
- You can also do this sans stove. Just microwave the marshmallows. First rule of the microwaving is we don't talk about microwaving. Okay, that's just stupid unless it's in fight club. First rule of microwaving is make sure you have a giant sized bowl for marshmallows. They expand like my waistline when I eat too many krispie treats. So go big or go home. I vote go big.
- To microwave them do the same prep with the 9 x 13 pan. Set aside, blah blah blah.
- In a giant microwave safe bowl add butter and marshmallows. Microwave it for 2 minutes, stir, then microwave it for another minute or so. Stir.
- Add the Franken Berry cereal, and blah blah blah like above.
- Serve with a big old sticky, spooky smile!
You can use more or less cereal. Again, this is not rocket science. Do it to your own taste.
Krispies are best the day of. But that being said they can be eaten for a couple of days after you make them. Store in an air tight container or they go stale. Store stacked with waxed paper in between layers or they stick together.
Also microwaves are all different so you need to get to know yours. Get up close and personal with it so you don't mess up recipes by cooking things too long or not long enough. It pays to be friends with your microwave. Like all friends, microwaves vary, so adjust your cook time accordingly and keep one eyeball on it at all times while using it.
Seriously man, these things are too cute for words. I really hope you have some Franken Berry cereal in your pantry. If not I suggest you run out and get some right now.
Like RIGHT now.
Don’t wait. It’s cool if you go to the store in your jammies. In fact people love that. While you’re there snap a pic of yourself buying Franken Berry cereal in your jammies and send it to me. I promise I will not publish it on my FB wall.
*crosses fingers behind her back*
It’s totally worth a little humiliation to get some of these bad boys….
Ah, so pretty. I mean spooky. It is Halloween after all.
Did y’all decorate your houses for Halloween? I never got around to it this year. Not even sure if we’re handing out candy at this point. I may just hide in the kitchen with these and ignore Halloween this year. It’s totally socially acceptable to sit on your kitchen floor on Halloween night with the lights off and eat these. Not creepy or weird at all.
P.S. if you do that you could send me that photo too. Just between you and me. I pinky swear I won’t share it with my readers.
*crosses fingers behind back again*
If you are looking for other Krispie type treats, well, you came to the right place!
Trix Krispies, pictured above!
Cocoa Pebbles Krispies, pictured above!
Peanut Butter Krispies, pictured above!
Friends with Fabulous Krispies Treat Recipes:
Falling Leaves (Krispie) Pops by Pint Sized Baker
Turtle Krispie Treats by The Kitchen is my Playground
Easy Pumpkin Krispies Treats by Yummy Healthy Easy
Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies Treats by Around My Family Table
Peanut Butter Snickers Rice Krispie Treats by The Messy Baker
Toodles and smoochies! xx