Easy to make Cocoa Pebble Krispies with a Nutella Ganache over top, then sprinkles over that for fun. Perfect for kids parties or just for a fun weekend snack. Anyone can make these!
Okay, okay, I may have lost my mind with cereal goodies the past couple of weeks. We have a family member who has kindly been picking up cereal in the states for us. So, thanks to Tricia, this weekend is all about cereal desserts. I may have lost my mind. Which is nothing new really.
The funny thing is I don't even like cereal for breakfast!
But I love baking with it!
Yup, it's a mystery!
Just like me !!!
So this is for Tricia, who supplies me with lovely cereal and Wild Cherry Pepsi!
The frosting/topping recipe is from Hidden Ponies. She guest posted for me last month and shared her Nutella Rice Krispie Squares.
So, I suppose we can blame Anna for my new obsession with cereal treats. Thanks Anna!
I had never tried topping mine like she did so I just had to give it a whirl. Totally worth it!
I have no idea why anyone does them without a topping on them to be quite honest. You should be ashamed of yourselves if you're not topping them with delicious goodness.
Okay so I actually have a couple more cereal packed recipes for you this weekend. I sure hope you like them.
I promise next week I'll try to post a salad recipe, maybe two for good measure. I just got carried away experimenting.
You remember the popcorn incident and the turtles obsession. I mean seriously they both have their own categories in my recipe index. Go look for yourself!
Clearly I have issues. They all seem to be about sugar. I'm not sure what that says about me. But then I'm lucky enough not to care, so there you go.
So take a bite out of life this weekend. Enjoy yourselves, let your hair down a little. And make these yummy Cocoa Pebble Krispies. You will thank me on Monday, I promise.
Similar Recipes to these Cocoa Pebbles Krispies:
- Strawberry Rice Krispies with Pink Frosting
- Trix Krispies
- Peanut Butter Krispies
- Fruity Pebbles Krispies
- Franken Berry Krispies
- Chocolate Crunch Bites
- Trix Ice Cream Cake
- Mini Trix Cereal Jedi Snack Mix with Lightsaber Pretzels
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Cocoa Pebbles Krispies
For the Krispies portion:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 14 oz marshmallows
- 11 oz Cocoa Pebbles cereal
For the Krispie portion:
- In a LARGE microwaveable bowl, combine butter and marshmallows and cook for about 3 minutes. Check it every 60 seconds or so. Every microwave is a bit different.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the cereal into the same large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan. Or you can use a 9 x 13 inch pan. The thickness of your krispies will be determined by the size of the pan you choose.
- Smooth out with a spoon. A good tip is to spray you spoon with non stick spray. That way you can smooth the krispies without the mixture sticking the spoon. It’s a cool trick I use all the time.
- Set aside to cool.
For the Topping portion:
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass microwavable bowl.
- Pop it in the microwave and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, checking it every 15 to 30 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour over top of the krispies.
- Let cool a tiny bit.
- Then toss some cute little sprinkles over top.
- Serve with a big old “this is how we eat cereal” smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.