Easy to make Black Forest Sandwich Cookies. These chocolate cookies are stuffed with cherry pie filling and cream. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Welcome to #cookieweek my little cookie monsters! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO,Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
Today is day 3 of Cookie Week. I sure hope you’re enjoying it. I had to miss yesterday which was a bummer, but the Cookie Week crew rocked it out. Lots of cookie craziness going on in all our kitchens. I love Cookie Week. I think every week should be Cookie Week. Seriously, it’s amazing.
I made a variation of the cookies I made on Monday. My plan was actually to fill these with a vanilla frosting. But then I changed my mind and decided to try a marshmallow whipped cream. It was good but not quite thick enough for a sandwich cookie. So I ended up using a chocolate frosting. You do what you gotta do some days.
These are amazing cookies. I would suggest making them the day you plan to serve them. If you do them too far ahead they will get too soft from the pie filling. They are for sure a “day of” type of cookie. Which is okay because they won’t last long anyway. Our were gobbled up in mere hours. I mean look at these things, who wouldn’t gobble these up?
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Make sure you stop by the other Cookie Week crew for more amazing cookie recipes!
- Chewy Cocoa Fudge Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies by i heart eating
- Macadamia and White Chocolate Chip Cookies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Maple Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cups by Beyond Frosting
- Maple Cookies by Total Noms
- kitchen-sink-cookies by Texana’s Kitchen
- Nutella Cookies by NinjaBaking.com
- Nutmeg Logs by Love and Confections
- Oatmeal Raisin by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peanut Butter Blossoms by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Pumpkin and Apple Dog Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Raspberry Streusel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon Frosting by Chocolate Moosey
- Spicy Ginger Chews by Crumb
Honestly these bad boys will be on my Christmas table this year. So good.
I hope you get inspired to whip up lots of cookies during Cookie Week. Save the recipes for the holidays. It will be a great resource for Christmas cookies. We all know people love cookies at Christmas time. So pin lots of cookies for future reference.
Follow our Cookie Week Pinterest Board to keep up with all our cookie shenanigans.
And don’t forget to hop on over to the giveaway post for lots of amazing prizes!!!
Toodles and smoochies! xx