Seriously scrumptious Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies that will impress your friends and put a huge smile on your face!
Welcome to #cookieweek my little cookie monsters! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO,Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
You can buzz on over to my giveaway post to enter to win HUGE PRIZES for Cookie Week! We’ve got tons of amazing prizes up for grabs so hurry over there for your shot at them.
But before you go you might want to grab the recipe for these Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies. They are amazing. I had some while they were still warm, some at room temperature and some cold. Let’s just say they are good at any temperature and I now need to let out the waistline on all my pants.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 ounce finely grated semi sweet chocolate
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate broken into pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar sifted
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, unsweetened cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
In your stand mixer combine the butter and sugar, whisk until fluffy and pale. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat in half the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk and beat again. Beat in the rest of the flour mixture until everything is well combined. Stir in the chocolate.
Use a teaspoon and scoop small balls of batter on the cookie sheets, leaving a gap for a bit of spread. You should be able to get about 36 bits.
At this point I highly recommend popping the dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, but preferably 60 minutes. If you don't do this the cookies will spread too much and be too flat. You're call though. If you like flat sandwich cookies knock yourself out.
Remove the cookie sheets from the freezer and pop them in the oven. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Then remove them from the cookie sheet and let them cool on wire racks.
In a medium sized saucepan combine the chocolate, butter, brown sugar, and milk. Cook over medium-low heat to let the sugar dissolve. Then allow it to bubble for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and then add the confectioners' sugar a little at a time. I just whisked mine in. Worked perfectly but you could do it with a stand mixer if you like.
Spread a big dollop of the frosting on the inside of one cookie, take another cookie and place the inside down on the frosting. Give a little press. Shove in your piehole.
Serve with a big old I love Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookie Smile!
Recipe slightly adapted from the cookbook Whoopie Pies recipe for Chocolate Fudge Brownie Whoopie Pies!
Make sure you stop by all the other Cookie Week participants posts to peruse their amazing recipes! You can stalk them all to make sure you get the full cookie experience!
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Caramel Apple Cider Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate-Filled Christmas Thumbprint Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Peppermint Raisin Cookies by It’s Yummi
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cookie Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Classic Gingersnap Cookies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Coffee-Toffee Thumbprint Cookies from Crumb
- Dark Chocolate Andes Cookie Cups by Beyond Frosting
- Double Chocolate Biscotti by Love and Confections
- Eggnog Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Extra-Chewy Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies from Omeletta
- Fruit Coolers by Texana’s Kitchen
- Gluten-free Elisenlebkuchen cookies by Masala Herb
- Iced Molasses Cookies with by i heart eating
- Nutella Cookies by Total Noms
- Orange Cream Cookies by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons by 52 Kitchen Adventures
- Rolo Brownie Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Saketini Christmas Balls from NinjaBaking.com
Remember to stop by my giveaway post for your chance to win amazing prizes!
Disclaimer: The link to the cookbook inside the recipe goes to my Amazon Affiliate link. If you’d like to purchase the book I get a few pennies as a commission. I plan to use those pennies for more cookie supplies. Just keeping it real!
Toodles and smoochies! xx