This refreshing summer drink is so simple to make. Strawberry Agua Fresca is the perfect thirst quencher on a hot summer day. Try one for yourself!
When I shared my Watermelon Agua Fresca a couple of weeks ago, I promised you I would be sharing more beverage recipes with you this summer. I’m following through on that promise.
Of course mine are all sans alcohol, but you can always add some if you like. I wish I could but I’m under doctor’s orders not to touch the stuff. However I can sip non-alcoholic beverages to my heart’s content. So I do. Often.
This watermelon agua fresca is super easy to make. You can add more of this, or add less of that. Simple to adapt to your own taste. I love recipes like that.
Now if I could just figure out how to make agua fresca without having to sieve it all the live-long day. I hate having to sieve things on a monumental level. No idea why. Likely because I’m impatient. It is worth the effort though. I just love the flavour of a freshly made agua fresca.
I also love to give things away. Today I have a special treat for you. A few of us blogging buddies have joined forces to kick off the summer with a STARS & STRIPES GIVEAWAY! We’re giving away a KitchenAid Stand Mixer to one lucky reader. It could be you.
Make sure you scroll down below the recipe to get more information and enter. There’s a handy-dandy rafflecopter widget to make it super easy for you. And easy is the name of the game today. Strawberry Agua Fresca = easy, baking with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer = easy, rafflecopter widget = easy. Life is good. So is Strawberry Agua Fresca.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and slice in half
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups ice
- Wash, hull and slice the strawberries in half. Pop them in a food processor, or blender and pulse until it's liquid. Now strain the strawberry puree through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press the strawberry puree down to get all the juice out.
- Transfer the strawberry puree to a large pitcher. Add water and sugar, then mix until the sugar dissolves. You can use more or less sugar, or a sugar additive if your diet calls for that.
- Add the ice, give it a mix, and taste it to see if it needs any adjustments.
- Serve with a big old strawberry loving smile!
You could be the lucky duck who wins your very own KitchenAid 5qt. Artisan Stand Mixer, in your choice of either Empire Red, White or Blue Willow. Pretty cool right. I love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer and use it every day.
All you have to do is:
- Enter through the Rafflecopter link below
- Select as few, or as many different social actions as you like. Each action is worth one entry in the giveaway.
Good Luck from your Hosts:
*Contest runs from June 30, 2014-July 13, 2014 where one winner will be chosen at random and notified on July 14, 2014. Please read the complete Terms & Conditions as this giveaway.
Giveaway is valid for U.S residents only. Sorry my Canuck and International peeps!
Toodles and smoochies! xx