This Red Velvet Ice Cream Sundae is made from red velvet ice cream made from scratch. It's the perfect dessert for any occasion!
I try to behave.
I really do.
Then I have these moments where I'm like "ohhh, you should make ice cream". Then it's all downhill from there.
There's a moment when I start out where I think "go easy, not everything needs to be so over the top".
Then I'm like "ohhh, you should make a sundae instead of just ice cream".
And I think, okay, I'll just make a simple sundae.
Then I'm like "ohhh, you should turn it into a parfait and layer it in a glass".
I start off slow, grab some hot fudge sauce, some shortcake and think that will be just fine.
Then I'm like "ohhh, you should add some chocolate chips. And remember those skor pieces you have in the cupboards. And there's 10 jars of maraschino cherries in the fridge just calling your name, ohhh, and there's 10,097 kinds of sprinkles in the studio you keep forgetting you have".
Yeah, then bad things happen.
I want to apologize.
But I'm too busy shoving this red velvet ice cream sundae into my piehole!
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- Roasted Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Sherbert in Cooky Cups
- Brownie Explosion Ice Cream Sundae
- Oreo Ice Cream
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Red Velvet Ice Cream Sundae
- Combine the chocolate milk, sugar and cocoa powder in a stand mixer. Whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla. Whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Add the food colouring and mix on slow until combined.
- Cover the mixing bowl and place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour, or preferably overnight. The red colour will deepen overnight.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge, uncover and transfer the liquid to an (frozen) ice cream maker bowl. Place on machine and begin to churn. You will want to churn this for about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and place in freezer for 1 hour, over overnight.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker pour the liquid into a metal container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight. It will just be a tad softer than if you used the ice cream maker.
- Serve with a big old red velvet smile!
To make the sundaes:
- Cut up shortcakes or brownies into bite size pieces. Lay on the bottom of serving dish.
- Add a scoop of ice cream.
- Pour hot fudge sauce over top.
- Sprinkle skor bits, chocolate chips, and sprinkles over top.
- Add another scoop of ice cream.
- Sprinkle more skor bits, chocolate chips, and sprinkles over top. Add some cherries.
- Serve with a complete disregard for calories! And a red velvet smile!
Thanks for visiting today!