Watermelon Agua Fresca

Watermelon Agua Fresca | Refreshing and easy to make. This Watermelon Agua Fresca is sure to be a hit this summer!

This recipe is freaking amazing. I mean usually I hate to toot my own horn. However this time I need “toot toot” from the mountain tops. This watermelon agua fresca is fantastic. I dare use the blogger phrase “it will change your life”.

Okay so I’m not sure why we all claim our recipes will change your life. I mean it’s not like you’re going to drink this and all of a sudden turn into Superman, or Aquaman to be more in keeping with the recipe. It’s not like you’re going to drink this and a million dollars is going to rain down on you like some cheesy movie.

I can’t promise this drink will make you skinnier, or smarter, or even more popular. Although I could likely guarantee it’ll bring more boys to your yard than a milkshake will. But I can promise you will love it. Your family will love it. Your friends will love it. And it’s possible arm wrestling matches will break out for the last glass of this stuff.

But will you turn into Aquaman or win the lottery? Well, you never know until you try it right. It could happen. Maybe today will be *that* day.

Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!

Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |Instagram |G+ | Kiss My Smoke

Watermelon Agua Fresca

Prep time
Total time

Serves: 10 cups
  • 4 cups of watermelon, cubed
  • 2 cups of water
  • ½ cup of sugar, more or less to taste
  • 4 cups of ice
  1. Cut the watermelon in cubes. Pop them in a food processor, or blender and pulse until it's liquid. Now strain the watermelon juice through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press the watermelon down to get all the juice out.
  2. Transfer the watermelon puree to a large pitcher. Add water and sugar, then mix until the sugar dissolves. You can use more or less sugar, or a sugar additive if your diet calls for that.
  3. Add the ice, give it a mix, and be ready to change the world, or whatever.
  4. Serve with a big old watermelon-loving smile!
You can add lime, or mint, or whatever your little heart desires. Get creative. Change the world.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: Serves 4 to 6

I have to admit I hate sieving things. I mean really, really hate it. It’s like nails on a chalkboard for me. No idea why. It definitely pays off for infused waters though. Keep your eyes peeled for more refreshing summer drinks. Coming soon. To a blog near you.

So did it change your life? I could sure use it to make me less tired. Been a whirlwind week here. I could use some perking up.

I could also use spellcheck. You ever have those days where you feel like you’re spelling everything wrong? Nah, me either.

Make this, drink this, share this, change the world. Or whatever.

Quick mini-me update:

She had her wisdom teeth pulled a week ago. It started off great then fell apart later in the week. She saw her oral surgeon today. She is a-okay, but needs to be careful with the one side. Hopefully the worst is over. She’s still having intense pain so we’re just taking it easy here until she recovers. Thanks for the support and well wishes. She’s a total trouper.

Comments

Glad to hear Mini-Me is doing relatively OK. Never fun having wisdom teeth out. But I’ll bet a couple of glasses of Watermelon Agua Fresca would perk her right up! Or at least change her life. 😉 Really fun recipe — thanks.

• Kim Beaulieu says

She really did so well initially, so much so we started calling her a mutant and I told her I didn’t believe he actually pulled them. By day 5 I changed my mind. Poor kid. She’s doing much better but still can’t laugh too hard. Which is impossible with me around. Today I stood over her dancing like a nutball, then later I stood near her ear and chewed brownie brittle in her ear as loud as humanly possible. It’s amazing we get anything done around here. I love to irritate the hell out her to make her laugh.

Thanks. This is my favourite recipe since being back to work. The flavour was out of this world.

I am a water and coffee gal. Sometimes I branch out to OJ and milk. Exciting I know. Occasionally though I need something different. This is just what I would be looking for. Love the color, love the sweetness, love the summer of it all.

• Kim Beaulieu says

I tend to be a big pepsi girl so it’s nice to switch it up. I had three glasses the day I made it. It’s packed with flavour. And sugar. Lol.

• Kim Beaulieu says

Thanks. She’s doing better now, but definitely still having pain. She said her cheeks hurt, he told her she has really sensitive cheeks, they get irritated super easy. She’s eating okay, still nothing chewy. I froze some homemade pastrami for her so hopefully she can have it soon.

Thanks, this was so fun to make. I was so shocked how fast it got demolished. We all loved it.

• Kim Beaulieu says

It makes me sing the happy song, which irritates the hell out of my daughter. Which makes me do it more. Ha

This is seriously one of my favorite summer drinks! I try to make it at least once every summer, and yet I’ve never blogged it. How sad…. hopefully I’ll get it on there this year. Oh, and did you know that agua fresca is really good spiked with vodka? 😉

• Kim Beaulieu says

It’s just so delicious. I made another version recently. Can’t wait to share it. You should totally share yours on your blog. It’s perfect timing, watermelons are pretty good right now. The last few we’ve gotten have been fabulous.

I can’t have alcohol because of a medical condition which stinks because that combo would be fab.

• Kim Beaulieu says

Thanks Ashley. I appreciate the pin. I can’t wait to share more drinks. I always hesitate to put them up since all of mine are no alcohol versions but people seem to dig them any way.

Ouch! Wisdom teeth extractions are never fun. I’m glad your mini-me is doing OK. I was JUST thinking of making a watermelon agua fresca!! Except I was going to add rum to it, because that’s how I’m rolling this summer.

• Kim Beaulieu says

Thanks, she seems much better the last day or so. Been a wild couple of weeks here.

You should totally add rum if you make some. I wish I could. No freaking alcohol for this girl. *sad face*

My Fresca brings all the boys to the yard and they’re like it’s better than yours….. omg now that sound will be stuck in my head today. LOL – oh and I’m pretty sure that serving this would totally make me popular! Love it!

I will happily test out the theory that this think will turn me into Superman err Superwoman or magically bring me a million dollars. I’d like the million dollars please.

Okay.. I don’t want to make trouble… just hand over the pitcher and I’ll get out of your way. :) LOL! Seriously, what’s not to like about what’s going on in that pitcher. :)

• Kim Beaulieu says

Thanks Jessica. Ohhhh, wish I could join you. What book are you reading? I’ve been so out of the book scene lately. My son is an eng lit major and asks what I’ve been reading. He never sounds impressed when I say Instyle Magazine. I used to read like a fiend.

This is a big glass of deliciousness! Sorry to hear about the wisdom teeth stuff. I had mine out when I was 18 and it was not fun! I’m sure the mini-me will pull through. When I was sore I just frozen bags of peas on my face…it worked really well…haha.

Hi Kim,
    This recipe is lovely – both to look at and to drink! Thank you. Is it okay if I share a link to this recipe and your photo (with all watermarks and credit to you) on my blog at http://www.gettystewart.com? I just did a segment about watermelon for CTVMorning Wpg and would love to direct people to your recipe.
    Hoping you have a wonderful summer!
    Getty

• Kim Beaulieu says

Hi Getty. Thanks so much. I’m glad you like it. You can absolutely use the photo and link people over. I’m always okay with people doing that. I’ll have to look for you next time I’m watching CTV.