Refreshing and easy to make. This Watermelon Agua Fresca is sure to be a hit this summer!
This recipe is freaking amazing. I mean usually I hate to toot my own horn. However this time I need “toot toot” from the mountain tops. This watermelon agua fresca is fantastic. I dare use the blogger phrase “it will change your life”.
Okay so I’m not sure why we all claim our recipes will change your life. I mean it’s not like you’re going to drink this and all of a sudden turn into Superman, or Aquaman to be more in keeping with the recipe. It’s not like you’re going to drink this and a million dollars is going to rain down on you like some cheesy movie.
I can’t promise this drink will make you skinnier, or smarter, or even more popular. Although I could likely guarantee it’ll bring more boys to your yard than a milkshake will. But I can promise you will love it. Your family will love it. Your friends will love it. And it’s possible arm wrestling matches will break out for the last glass of this stuff.
But will you turn into Aquaman or win the lottery? Well, you never know until you try it right. It could happen. Maybe today will be *that* day.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 4 cups of watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of sugar, more or less to taste
- 4 cups of ice
- Cut the watermelon in cubes. Pop them in a food processor, or blender and pulse until it's liquid. Now strain the watermelon juice through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press the watermelon down to get all the juice out.
- Transfer the watermelon puree to a large pitcher. Add water and sugar, then mix until the sugar dissolves. You can use more or less sugar, or a sugar additive if your diet calls for that.
- Add the ice, give it a mix, and be ready to change the world, or whatever.
- Serve with a big old watermelon-loving smile!
I have to admit I hate sieving things. I mean really, really hate it. It’s like nails on a chalkboard for me. No idea why. It definitely pays off for infused waters though. Keep your eyes peeled for more refreshing summer drinks. Coming soon. To a blog near you.
So did it change your life? I could sure use it to make me less tired. Been a whirlwind week here. I could use some perking up.
I could also use spellcheck. You ever have those days where you feel like you’re spelling everything wrong? Nah, me either.
Make this, drink this, share this, change the world. Or whatever.
Quick mini-me update:
She had her wisdom teeth pulled a week ago. It started off great then fell apart later in the week. She saw her oral surgeon today. She is a-okay, but needs to be careful with the one side. Hopefully the worst is over. She’s still having intense pain so we’re just taking it easy here until she recovers. Thanks for the support and well wishes. She’s a total trouper.
Toodles and smoochies! xx