This chocolate and coconut milkshake is the perfect drink for game day, cookouts or family gatherings. Chocolate and coconut pair perfectly in this tasty milkshake.
This post has been sponsored by NESTLÉ. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
This girl loves a good cookout. I could grill every day, all day long and never get tired of it. One of my favourite times to grill is for game day.
I’ll be brutally honest with you. I could give a rip about the actual game. I’ll readily admit it’s all about the food for me.
Good food demands great drinks. Since I’m an alcohol-free kind of gal for health reasons, I am always on the hunt for creative game day drinks sans booze.
When I spend all day womaning the grill I get wicked thirsty. No matter what kind of weather we’re having, I crave milkshakes. I’m an equal season milkshake drinker.
While I was planning what I would like to make for our game day celebration I swung by Walmart for some inspiration. I knew I would find lots of great inspiration there.
I could seriously wander around Walmart all the live long day. It’s so much fun to wind through the aisles and see what’s new. I can get ALL of my shopping done, and then some.
Any great cookout should have lots of homemade recipes mixed with some pre-made food to help ease the workload. I’m a big fan of mixing things up and an even bigger fan of making my life as easy as possible.
Why complicate your life? I love the convenience of using store bought products whenever I can. I’m all for keeping my life, and game day, as easy as possible.
While I was at Walmart I picked up:
- STOUFFER’S® Family Size Macaroni & Cheese
- DIGIORNO® Cheese Stuffed Crust Five Cheese Pizza
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Chocolate Powder
You can find a Walmart near you by checking out their store locator. We have a bunch near us so I can peruse to my heart’s content.
Pick up LOADS of game day supplies while you’re there. There are so many Nestlé products made with ingredients you know and trust – find them all using their new tool on Walmart.com.
I really dig the Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels too. I use them for all my baking needs. I probably go through crates of them being a food blogger.
I used the chocolate morsels to make the rim of my milkshake pretty. I melted a little chocolate and dipped the milkshake glass in it. Then I dunked the rim in coconut. It makes for such a gorgeous presentation.
Make sure you swing by Walmart and pick up TONS of Nestlé products for your next cookout. Bookmark this milkshake recipe so you can make it ASAP!
Then invite me over. I can never get enough chocolate coconut milkshakes in my life!!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Chocolate Coconut Milkshake
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (chips)
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 8 ounces lowfat milk
- 3 scoops non fat coconut ice cream
- 2 tsp NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Chocolate Powder
- Melt chocolate morsels in microwave for about 15 seconds. Stir with spoon until smooth. Dunk the rim of the milkshake glass into melted chocolate.
- Dunk rim in coconut. Set glass aside.
- Add milk, coconut ice cream, and Nesquik powder in a blender. Pulse until desired thickness. Pour into milkshake glass.
- Serve with a big old chocolate coconut milkshake loving smile!
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE GAME DAY BOARD!
Thanks for visiting today!