This dessert is super easy to make. Layers of deliciousness make every bite magical. This one has chocolate graham crackers, caramel, marshmallow and chocolate. Every bite is perfection!
Welcome to Day 5 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started was something I started way back in 2012. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter at the bottom of the post!
Okay, okay, I’m totally addicted to crack bars at this point. I cannot help myself. I’m on a toffee bar making rampage. I made Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack, then Pistachio Roca. Now these S’mores Christmas Crack Bars. I’d stop but they’re just SO darn good.
These were a bit of an experiment. I wanted to make s’mores bars but I really wanted to use caramel in them. So I did. That’s just how I roll. I do what I want. When I want to do it. No one can stop me. If I want to make S’mores Bars with caramel I’m doing it. With pride.
My plan was to melt marshmallows over top but then I realized I didn’t have any. Pretty much at the last minute, because that’s also how I roll. Planning ahead is not my “thang”. I was playing around with ideas and when I went to grab the marshmallows they weren’t there. Oops.
So I grabbed Marshmallow Creme instead. Same diff. So I started scooping it out of the jar and kept thinking “I should stop now”. Then I’d laugh hysterically and yell “you can’t stop me, you can’t tell me what to do, I do me, you do you”. Then the neighbours must have complained because the cops showed up.
I asked them if they had any marshmallows in their car but they didn’t seem impressed. I mean they grab coffee and hot chocolate while they’re working, so it seemed like a pretty good leap of faith they might have some marshmallows in their car. Apparently you shouldn’t ask them that.
So I reluctantly settled for more Marshmallow Creme. Then a little more Marshmallow Creme. Then a wee bit more Marshmallow Creme. Next thing you know I had an empty jar in my hand. I cried for a few minutes then realized I had 4 other jars in the pantry so all was well with the world again. My happiness depends on my Marshmallow Creme stockpile. It’s a thing.
I popped the bars in the oven and let the Marshmallow Creme bubble up. Then I tried really hard not to shove my face in it when it came out of the oven. Once you do that once you never really do that again. Or so I’ve been told. I mean it’s not like I ever did it or anything. I would never. Ever. Twice.
I decided to pour some melted chocolate over top while the marshmallows were still warm. It was sort of cool because the marshmallows had a funny reaction to the chocolate and some of the marshmallow bubbled up through the chocolate. It looked super cool, not going to lie.
But I am going to lie and tell everyone I know I planned it that way. Because THAT is how I roll.
A bunch of us bloggers got together to chip in on a killer prize for Christmas Week. We’re giving away 1 x $500 Amazon Gift Card, 1 x $250 Amazon Gift Card, and 1 x $50 Amazon Gift Card. You heard that right. $800 in prizes for Christmas Week. We’ll pull 3 winners, one for each prize.
So be sure to scroll to the bottom to enter. Don’t freak out or get overwhelmed by the number of entry options. The only required one is a blog comment. The rest are just extras for people who really dig contesting. If you’re not into following lots of peeps all you have to do is comment on this post.
However, if you do dig following lots of bloggers, and getting extra entries for giveaways then have at it. Enter as many times as you like. Bloggers love to be followed on social media so we gave you lots of options for following all of us. I can promise you these bloggers rock. So following would be cool.
If you’d like to get to know the bloggers involved you can scroll the links below. There’s over 35 of us participating in Christmas Week this year. It’s a great group of bloggers and I’m so happy they all joined me for this adventure.
Participants for Christmas Week:
- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Desserts Required
- Poet in the Pantry
- The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple and Coconut
- All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cooking on the Front Burner
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Crumb: A Food Blog
- The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Amee’s Savory Dish
- Comfortably Domestic
- Food Done Light
- Farm Fresh Feasts
- Flour On My Face
- Mother Would Know
- Food Lust People Love
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Daily Appetite
- Try Anything Once Culinary
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Savory Experiments
- Cooking In Stilettos
- Food Babbles
- Mind Over Batter
- Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Big Bear’s Wife
- Everyday Southwest
- From Gate to Plate
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savoring Italy
- Dixie Chik Cooks
- The Tomato Tart
- Aloha Flavor
- CopyKat Recipes
Recipes from Day 2 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cookies from Desserts Required
- Spiced Hibiscus Cranberry Mojitos from Pineapple and Coconut
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Granola from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Peppermint Truffles from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Boozy Bourbon Balls from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake from Comfortably Domestic
- Magic Cookie Bar Truffles from Farm Fresh Feasts
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from My Catholic Kitchen
- Cardamom Coffee Bars with Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Frosting from Daily Appetite
- Christmas Swirl Bundt Cake from Savory Experiments
- Pumpkin Po’e from Aloha Flavor
- Cherry Brandy Old Fashioned from Food Babbles
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Covered Snowmen S’more Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Bon Bons from Everyday Southwest
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from CopyKat Recipes
- Crock Pot Chocolate Cherry Nut Cups from Flour On My Face
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter an 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with chocolate graham crackers.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the butter melts and the mixture is very well combined. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Increase heat a tiny little bit, and bring the mixture to a low boil, you want to cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes, just so it starts to thicken a bit and turn golden brown. Don't stir it during the process, but you can lightly swirl the pan. Keep a really close eye on it because it can go from a beautiful golden brown to a burnt mess in no time flat. As soon as it turns amber turn off the heat and swirl so it doesn't overcook.
- Pour the caramel mixture over top of the graham crackers in the pan. Smooth out. Allow to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Scoop the Marshmallow Creme out of the jar and randomly drop spoonfuls over top of the caramel mixture. Smooth out as best you can.
- Place the baking pan in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes. Just enough to get the marshmallow creme soft and melty.
- Pull the baking pan out of the oven and place on cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat until the chocolate is smooth. Pour over top of the marshmallow mixture in the pan. Place in the fridge to set up.
- It helps to score the bars before they completely set. It will make them a bit easier to cut later.
- Cut into squares in any size you prefer.
- Serve with a big old s'mores loving smile!
I know right. It’s beautiful!
So, all us bloggers participating in Christmas Week chipped in the funds to host an amazing Amazon Gift Card Giveaway. We’re giving away 3 Prizes. 1st Prize is a $500 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. 2nd Prize is a $250 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. And 3rd Prize is a $50 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015.
Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. All prizes will be paid via Amazon.com so there are no issues with exchanges rates. Winner must be 18 years of age. Winner will be notified via email. Winner has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Winner will be asked a skill testing question.
PIN this Giveaway to share with all your friends and family!