These Mini Snowmen Sweet Cheese Balls are the perfect easy recipe for kids and adults to make and enjoy during the holiday season. Everyone can decorate their own snowman. Make sure you leave one out for Santa!
This post has been sponsored by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
I’m one of those people who gets WAY too into the holiday season. If you ask my kids they’ll tell you I’m like Buddy the Elf during the entire season!
The holidays are always a special time. Everyone is so focused on spending time with family and friends which is the big appeal of the holidays for me.
We all hang out and spend tons of time together. Family traditions are passed on and bonding amongst family and friends is taken to the next level.
For my family cooking and baking is the highlight of the holidays. We have a whole slew of holiday traditions that revolve around baking.
I used PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese 250g for this recipe because it’s the ONLY cream cheese I trust for all my cooking and baking needs.
During the holiday season we make sure we’re stocked up with lots of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. It’s so versatile and easy to use in recipes. Plus it just makes everything taste better.
This year we’re adding these mini snowman sweet cheese balls to our list of projects for the holiday season. I love the idea that everyone can make their own and decorate it the way they want.
Any time I add a new project to our to do list I make sure I take it for a test run first. So, I jumped into this project and loved the process. It’s such a fun dessert to make.
Making these mini snowmen sweet cheese balls was so much fun. It’s such an easy DIY recipe and you can make it as simple or complicated as you want.
You can let the kids go crazy and decorate their own. You can do mini versions or full size versions. It’s easy to change up the decorations on this to make it your own.
I loved making this SO much that I’ll be sharing a savoury version of this later this week. I love the idea of making both to serve as appetizers for a Christmas party.
Make this with your family and friends this holiday season. I’d love to see photos of your own creations.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Mini Snowman Sweet Cheese Balls
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, dry pudding mix and coconut extract in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer on low speed then gradually increase the speed to whip the mixture. Once it's smooth add the confectioners' sugar and mix slowly to star then gradually increase the speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Roll the dough into multiples of three different size balls for the snowman so they stack nicely. You can roll by hand or use plastic wrap to form the balls. Place the balls in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll each ball in coconut. Set aside.
- Begin to decorate the snowmen with candy.
- I used bell shaped chocolate candies for the hat.
- I used mini chocolate covered candies for the eyes and buttons.
- I used original fruit chews for the nose and cut it down with a knife then shaped with my hands.
- I used fruit flavoured roll ups for the scarf and mouth. I cut them with scissors then shaped them by hand.
- I used mini pretzel sticks for the arms.
- For dipping you can use any type of mini graham crackers or cookies. You can also use fruit as well.
- Enjoy making these with your kids and please feel free to share photos with us so we can see your wonderful holiday creations!
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.