Took Malia aka Demon Spawn of Satan in to get her staples removed this morning. She was spayed last week. Oddly we all forgot she was supposed to be microchipped as well so we had that done this morning. This poor little puppy has been through the ringer the last couple of weeks. Luckily she is good natured and a bundle of energy so she just bounces back. She did however pee all over the table when the vet assistant gave her attention. She gets way too excited. We rarely have visitors these days so she is not socialized enough. I need to get her out and about after Christmas, buckle down on her training. After last weekend’s “I want to eat mini-me’s bf” incident, I really think we need puppy boot camp. Our last dog was so well behaved. I just need to devote my full attention to her for awhile and get her on track to puppy stardom.
- Place two pots on your stove part way filled with water. Bring them to a boil then turn them to simmer or just slightly above a simmer.
- Now place heat proof bowls over top of the water but NOT touching it. (You can use a double boiler if you have one, I just don’t happen to have one)
- Place your semi sweet chocolate in one bowl.
- Place your white chocolate in the other bowl.
- Now melt them, stirring with DIFFERENT spoons as they melt.
- Cut up your cherries into chunky pieces. Set aside.
- Once the white chocolate is melted add the red food colouring to make it pink.
- Now line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment and pour the semi sweet into the pan.
- Now haphazardly drop the pink in chunks here and there randomly.
- Now take a knife or toothpick and swirl it around a bit.
- Now toss your cherries on top.
- Pop this in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- Break apart by hand or cut with a knife. I have to admit I like the by hand method. I don’t like clean edges on bark. I like it to look like you just took a long piece of it and whacked it.
- Serve as gifts or eat it all up yourself. Enjoy!
This post is part of Christmaspalooza 2011!
Toodles and smoochies! xx