Amazing gingerbread fudge shaped like tiny gingerbread men. This fudge recipe has become my favourite of all time. It is bursting with flavour!
Welcome to Day Five of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
Today is our last day to celebrate Christmas Week. I’m so bummed it’s over. It flew by way too fast. Although my waistband is breathing a sigh of relief right now. It’s been a very fattening week.
Thank you all for joining us this week. It’s been a pleasure to bring you all these amazing holiday recipes. Our third year of Christmas Week was a total blast. So many recipes, so little time.
A huge thank you to my co-host for the week. Susan is such an amazing person, I am so lucky to have a friend like her in my life. She keeps me calm when life spins out of control. Which seems to be often. Thank you Susan, I heart you and appreciate having a partner in crime for these events.
Another huge shout out to all our bloggers who joined us this week. It’s a lot of work to pull of events like this. Yet they not only pulled it off, they did so with ease and recipes that blew my mind. I’m so happy they all joined us this year.
And lastly a huge thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello. We appreciate our sponsors so much. Without them this event would have no prizes which would not be quite as much fun. So kudos to all the companies who have joined us this year.
I whipped this up pretty quickly, and snapped some super fast photos because my son is here visiting from Calgary. So I’m working limited hours. I took these with artificial light so I may try to find a few minutes to snap some new one in natural light tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes.
My suggestion is not to fret if your gingerbread men do not turn out perfectly. There’s no such thing as a perfect man anyway, right. Imperfections make a person better. It gives them something special. So make sure you make some perfectly imperfect gingerbread men today!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2½ cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- optional: allspice I'm not a big fan but you can use it
Combine the brown sugar, evaporated milk, salt and corn syrup in a medium size saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Stir occasionally.
Once the sugar is dissolved bring the mixture to a boil. Allow it to bubble up for a couple of minutes, but do not scorch it. Now reduce to a soft boil by reducing the heat to a medium-low heat. Let it bubble for few minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add butter to the pan, but do NOT stir yet.
Let the butter rest int he mixture without stirring until a candy thermometer reaches 110 degrees. Once it reaches that temperature you can remove the saucepan from the heat.
Stir in vanilla and spices. Mix by hand with a wooden spoon.
Beat the fudge with a wooden spoon until it loses it's gloss, but not so much that it hardens yet. You want it a bit pliable to pour into silicone gingerbread mold.
Pour into the silicone mold carefully. It's okay if the men are imperfect. Aren't all men? *holiday giggles*
Pop you mold in the fridge until the fudge sets up. It should be in there at least an hour, up to about 4 hours.
Remove the men from the pan. Place on a platter, or start biting their heads off right away.
Serve with a big old gingerbread loving smile!
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
- Biscoff Chocolate Chip Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Norwegian Lefse by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chocolate Dipped Madelines by My Catholic Kitchen
- Chocolate Mint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Caramel Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Boozy Cherries by Cooking In Stilettos
- Chocolate Mint Fudge by Food Lust People Love
Giveaway Prizes include:
- One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
- Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
- Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
- One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
- One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
- One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
- One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
- One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
- One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
- One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
- One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
- One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
- One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
- One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley
Be sure to enter the giveaway below. Open to U.S. residents only.
Good luck everyone.
Craving more fudge recipes? Check these out:
Toodles and smoochies! xx