Sunday Supper’s theme this week is Kids in the Kitchen. I have to say I love this idea. You all know mini-me helps me in the kitchen on occasion. I love for her to help make pizza. She actually works at a local pizza joint so she’s really good at making pizza.
Like better than me. And I’m pretty darn good at it. Lots of practice.
We make pizza a gazillion times a week. You learn some stuff. Like mini-me is better at stretching dough than her mom. Like loads better. She can make the perfect paper-thin crust. I mean thin as can be. You would be stunned if you saw this up close and personal. The dough is pure perfection. Apparently you get good at it working your way through University.
If you are unfamiliar with Sunday Supper you can visit Family Foodie to get more information. It’s a group of bloggers led by Isabel Foodie who are committed to bringing Sunday Supper back to tables around the globe. It’s a wonderful movement and I’m proud to be a part of such a fabulous group.
- 1 store bought or Pizzeria bought pizza dough
- ½ cup of pizza sauce more or less, to taste
- ½ cup of shredded pepperoni more or less, to taste
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella more or less, to taste
- You will also need flour for dusting and rolling
- A pizza pan since this is a super thin crust. One with holes is ideal.
Preheat your grill.
Roll and stretch your dough. Mini-me’s technique is to roll, then press with her hands, then hand stretch and throw. Do this until it’s thin enough to see through but it should not split or tear.
Spray your pizza pan with non stick spray. Lay the dough on the pan.
Spread with pizza sauce.
Sprinkle cheese over top.
Sprinkle pepperoni over top.
Reduce heat of the grill to a medium heat.
Place pan in the centre of the grill.
Allow to cook for 5 to 10 minutes, the bottom should be brown but not black, and the top should be golden and pepperoni just starting to turn colour. Remove very carefully with oven mitts after turning off the grill.
Take inside and place on a cutting board.
Use a good pizza cutter to cut into slices.
Serve with an ooey, gooey, melty, cheesy smile!
See that, best pizza mini-me’s made to date. This girl rocks the pizza. She doesn’t seem to like to grill though. Gonna have to change that. All girls should get their grill on. It’s not just a boy’s toy any more. Get in there ladies. Do not let the grill intimidate you. Here’s a little tip, if it was THAT hard do you really think men would be offering to do it all the time. Ya, nuff said.
Okay so below is a peek at mini-me’s process. If you’d like to see more photos of her in action stop by our Deep Fried Panzerotti post. That will give you huge insight into how she does this amazing crust. For now here’s a few photos for you of today’s pizza. I did not adjust from outside to inside light well so excuse any overexposed photos. Apparently I was tired and overworked today. So pretty much like any day around here.
So get out there and grill folks. If you do a paper-thin crust I’d suggest using a pan with holes, or even a pizza stone. If your pizza is going to be thick you can toss the dough right on the grill. Cook the dough solo on one side for a few minutes. Then flip it over and move over to the low heat side, or turn one side off. Add your toppings, put down the lid and wait for the magic to happen. Honestly it’s really easy and quick. The grill will be your new best friend.
So stop by some of my new best friends and say hello. These folks are all participating in Sunday Supper. I’d love for you to show them some Lunatic love.
Start your day:
- Panko Encrusted French Toast Sticks ~Doggie At the Dinner Table
- Pineapple Not-Upside Down Muffins ~In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Bacon, Egg & Sausage Breakfast Cups ~Daily Dish Recipes
- Buttermilk French Toast with Homemade Cinnamon – Raisin Bread ~What Smells So Good
- Poblano Mac ‘N Cheese ~Juanita’s Cocina
- Whole-wheat Pretzel Dogs ~Family Spice
- Coconut Chicken and Shrimp ~Super for a Steal
- Hedgehog Meatballs and Chili Dog Pie ~Cooking by the Seat of our Pants
- Walking Tostada ~Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Sausage Rolls ~Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins ~In The Kitchen With KP
- Mexican Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers with Homemade Guacamole ~Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Threaded Spaghetti Hot Dog Bites ~Damn Delicious
- Golden Potato Patties ~My Trials in the Kitchen
- Grilled Chicken Wings in Sesame Flavors ~The Queen’s Notebook
- Spaghetti Tacos ~Girlichef
- Parmesan Corn on the Cob ~Home Cooking Memories
- Yum Yum Salmon ~Family Foodie
- Pad Thai ~Meal Planning Magic
- Chocolate Slab ~Happy Baking Days
- Chocolate Chip Cut-Out Cookies ~Chocolate Moosey
- Self-Crust Coconut Pie ~Magnolia Days
- Wolf’s Wonderful Peanut Butter-Brownie Fudge Sundaes ~The Weekend Gourmet
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream ~The Messy Baker Blog
- Healthy Creamy Caramel Apple Parfaits with Greek Yogurt ~Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Salted Caramel Pudding Pops ~Hezzi-D’s Cooks and Books
- Chocolate Cheese Turnover ~Basic and Delicious
- Chocotorta Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Oatmeal and M&M Cookies ~That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Purple Blueberry Cake ~Tora’s Real Food
- Tropical Popsicles ~Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Carrot Cupcakes ~Diabetic Foodie
Brenda is hosting this special event and we would love for you to join us. We will be sharing great family recipes all afternoon and want you to share yours with us! Our #SundaySupper live chat will start at 3 pm EST. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat.
Note to my followers, I won’t be participating in the twitter party. I’ll be out with the family. Hubs had to work on Father’s Day so we are going out tomorrow to see a flick together since we didn’t get to do that last month. Tradition here is all birthdays and special days are celebrated with a flick and dinner. So I’ll be hanging with the family which is always a good thing. Kind of what Sunday Supper is all about really. Feel free to go forth and tweet without me. Join the others, they’re a great group of bloggers. But I just wanted to let you know why I won’t be there. Cuz I know y’all miss Lunie when she’s gone. *stifles a giggle*
Toodles and smoochies! xx