Seriously simple to make and absolutely delicious to munch on. This lasagna dip will have your guests coming back for more!
Welcome to Day #5 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes.
This recipe is amazing. It’s so good I could barely stop eating it long enough to take photos. It’s *THAT* good. I used my friend Kate of Diethood’s Lasagna Dip recipe for inspiration. The girl knows her stuff, so I knew she would help guide me in the right direction. I decided to add herbs to the cream cheese portion, it is not only pretty to look at it but it rocked the taste buds. Which always makes me happy. Rocking your taste buds is a good thing to do, daily if possible.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 package 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon of basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely or minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1 cup of spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium sized bowl combine the softened cream cheese, basil and oregano. Stir until combined. Set aside.
In a large skillet or frying pan, over medium heat, cook the onions and shallots in olive oil. Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes, till softened.
Add the ground beef and cook until browned and juices run clear.
Add the garlic in the last minute so it doesn't burn. Cook until fragrant, which takes 30 seconds to about a minute.
Add the sauce and spices to the skillet, cook until combined and warm, about 5 or so minutes.
Grate the cheese. Set aside.
Spray an 8 inch baking dish, or whatever serving dish you like, with non-stick spray.
Smooth the herbed cream cheese into the bottom of the dish.
Add the sauce mixture over top, smooth out evenly.
Toss the mozzarella cheese on top.
Pop in your preheated oven and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, you want the top bubbling and starting to brown.
Remove carefully from the oven.
Serve with a big old cheesy smile!
Recipe slightly adapted from Diethood's Lasagna Dip
Thanks Kate, this was delicious!
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more delicious ideas:
- Lasagna Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Spinach Squares by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Ultimate Stuffed ‘Shrooms by Cooking in Stilettos
- Feta Chicken Wontons by Makobi Scribe
- Roasted Red Pepper Guacamole by Clarks Condensed
- Parmesan and Garlic Boneless Chicken Wings by From Gate to Plate
- Greek Salad Skewers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Bacon Nuts by Life Off the Clock
- Jalapeno Poppers by Organized Island
- Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potato by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Very Veggie Puff Pastry Pizza Bites by Farm Fresh Feasts
- BBQ Chicken Nachos by Lemons for Lulu
- Apricot Blue Cheese Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Low-Carb Kickin’ Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Sweet Onion Galette by Call Me PMc
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings by Flavor Mosaic
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by Home Cooking Memories
Are you ready to dunk everything in sight into this dip? I know I sure am.
You will love how easy this is to make. A few easy steps and you are ready to rock the dip at any event. This will become your most requested dish!
I hope you get a chance to try this one out. It’s perfect for game day, or any other day. We absolutely loved this dip. Thanks to Kate of Diethood for the Lasagna Dip Recipe inspiration. To those who don’t know Kate the girl is a genius! Plus she’s a fox. Just sayin’!
Craving more appetizers? Here you go:
Toodles and smoochies! xx