These easy peanut butter chocolate brownies are ooey, gooey and fudgy. Nothing beats homemade peanut butter brownies topped with tons of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips!
This easy recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies is the ultimate when it comes to peanut butter brownies.
I swear I’m such a chocolate fanatic. I can never get enough of it. The only thing better than chocolate is chocolate combined with peanut butter. It’s a match made in heaven.
When my friend Terri asked me to guest post for her I was thrilled. Terri blogs at Love and Confections. I met her through Brunch Week last year. We hit it off and I’m really glad I met her.
She needed to take some time off. Terri just had a beautiful baby girl, so she’s at home bonding with her family. I’m so happy for her. Family time is so important so I’m thrilled to guest post for her.
You can find the original recipe and post for these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies on her blog as well!
This recipe is a twist on my Best Brownies in the World. I love to play with that recipe. It’s our all time favourite brownie recipe.
A friend of mine told me about a brownie recipe she had tried from a blog called Tasty Eats at Home. Once I tried it I was hooked.
Alta adapted it from Katherine Hepburn’s Brownies. That brownie recipe is super famous, much like it’s namesake. Every time I make them I think of all Katherine’s movies. She was such an icon.
For FULL INGREDIENT LIST please scroll to the actual recipe card!
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Unsweetened chocolate – Honestly, this is personal preference. You can use whatever you like.
- Sugar – I used granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Eggs – Use large eggs for these brownies.
- Vanilla – For this recipe I used vanilla extract. Chocolate or almond would also work well.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – Again, this is personal preference. Swap out dark or sweet if you prefer.
- Flour – I used all purpose flour for this recipe.
- Salt – Just to clarify, salt is useful in baking. It will improve the flavour, trust me. Only omit if absolutely necessary.
- Peanut butter chips – This is a must, use peanut butter chips for this recipe.
- Milk chocolate chips – Honestly, milk chocolate is my favourite. I highly recommend using them.
- Mini chocolate chips – These are just a fun addition, You can add more milk chocolate or peanut butter chips if you don’t have mini chips.
How to make peanut butter brownies
For FULL INSTRUCTIONS please scroll to the actual recipe card!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a saucepan. Stir.
- Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, stir well.
- Then, add semi-sweet chocolate chips, flour and salt. Stir.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with the peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips. Place it in the oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut into squares, or slice like a pizza.
Other great brownie recipes
- The Best Brownies in the World
- M&M Brownies
- Creme Egg Brownies
- S’mores Brownies
- Super Easy Rocky Road Brownies
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper. Spray a little non-stick spray on it as well.
- Then, melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together over low heat in a medium size saucepan. Stir the mixture until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Next, remove the saucepan from heat and add the sugar. Stir well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the saucepan, stir until it’s smooth.
- Then add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, flour and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Add the peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips to the pan. Give the pan a quick tap on the counter to get out any bubbles and then place it in the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake the brownies for about 35-45 minutes.
- Once baked remove the pan from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then use the parchment to lift the brownies out of the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Cut into squares if using a square pan. Cut into slices if using a round pan.
- Serve with a big old peanut butter smile.
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.