This Pomegranate Party Punch recipe is easy and serves a crowd. Make an alcoholic version and non-alcoholic version this fall or winter!
This pomegranate party punch recipe is perfect for holidays. You can make versions which include alcohol or not. Or both so you have drinks for everyone.
Let me fill you in on a little secret. I’m can’t drink alcohol. Not even a drop.
The reason I can’t drink is because I have IBD and alcohol is a serious trigger for me.
Honestly, I haven’t had a drink in years. I think I’ve had maybe 2 glasses in the last 30 years. It’s just not worth it for me.
That said, I love making mocktails and non-alcoholic drinks when we host parties. That way I can partake with no side effects.
I’m going to be completely honest, this pomegranate party punch is super versatile. You can swap out ingredients easily, and adjust the sweetness based on your own taste.
So, today let’s raise our glasses. Mine is filled with a non-alcoholic version of this drink.
- Soda or Wine – If you’re making a non-alcoholic version of this party punch you can use any kind of clear soda or even sparkling water. But if you’re making an alcoholic version of this holiday punch you can use any kind of wine, preferably a nice sparkling wine.
- Juice – Use pomegranate juice for this recipe. Pom juice is my personal favourite but I know it’s expensive. Use whatever kind your prefer.
- Sugar – I used granulated sugar for this punch. You can make a sugar free version if you like.
- Oranges – Personally, I love using oranges in this recipe. You could also use lemons, limes, grapefruit, or any combination of them.
- Pomegranates – You can either buy fresh pomegranate and remove the arils yourself, or buy arils already removed. Most grocery stores sell fresh arils, as well as frozen pomegranate arils.
- Ice – This is an optional ingredient. Some people like ice in their punch, some do not. That said, if you are using it be sure to add it right before serving.
- Garnish – I used fresh mint in my punch. Again, this is completely optional. Obviously if you hate mint then leave this one out.
How to Make Pomegranate Party Punch:
- In a large pitcher, or punch bowl, mix the carbonated drink (or wine if making an alcoholic version) with the pomegranate juice, as well as the sugar. Add the sugar very slowly so it doesn’t bubble over if it reacts to the carbonation in the soda. Then, stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Next, add the orange slices and pomegranate arils. Then, mix again.
- Right before serving add the ice, if desired.
- Then, add the mint right before serving. Do not add it early as it will overwhelm the drink.
- Finally, serve and sip!
How Much Punch Should You Make:
- This is very dependent on whether you are serving multiple drinks at your soiree. I always serve an alcoholic version, as well as a non-alcoholic version. That way I have lots of options.
- I usually plan on each person having one glass of punch per hour. So, if you have 10 guests for 4 hours you would estimate needing 40 servings. Then, I double that because let’s be honest, it’s better to have too much than not enough.
- That said, I also factor in if we’re serving beer, pop, coffee, tea and water. Not everyone drinks and people love to have tons of options so I give them TONS of options.
How Much Alcohol Should You Use for Punch:
- Typically you would use two parts alcohol to three parts punch. Personally, I like to go a little light on the booze.
- Keep in mind you can always add more alcohol if it’s a bit weak. Tasting it is key so you know how to adjust it for your guest.
Tips for Making Punch:
- Always err on the side of making more pomegranate party punch than you think you need.
- Be sure your punch bowl, pitcher, or beverage container is big enough.
- Also, make sure your serving vessel is easy to refill so you aren’t busy fussing with it during your event.
- Use large blocks of ice if using a very large serving bowl. I’ve seen people use massive tubs for punch. If you’re using something like that opt for blocks of ice.
- A really good tip I learned years ago is to use plastic containers to freeze ice before your parties. You can use margarine containers or takeout containers. We have a 2 L container that is used to store ice cream and it’s perfect for freezing large blocks of ice.
- If you’re serving different kinds of punch in smaller pitchers then you can use normal sized ice. Basically you scale your ice needs to your pitcher, glass or container.
- Use fresh garnishes. Fresh mint is lovely. Just don’t add it too early. You can also buy edible flowers for cocktails. They look so pretty in drinks.
- You can buy glasses these days with chalkboard paint on them so you can write names on them. That way no one mixes up their drinks. I love that idea.
- Also, you can buy wine charms so everyone has their own little character. I dig that idea too because everyone can keep their charm as a little party gift.
- Lastly, don’t over-serve people. Use common sense when hosting. Arrange for someone to be the designated driver. Keep the numbers handy for your local cab company or uber driver. Or have your friends or family crash at your place. Always use your noggin where alcohol is concerned.
More Cocktail Recipes:
- Easy Apple Sangria
- Frozen Bahamaritas
- Peach Sangria
- Strawberry Margaritas
- White Cosmopolitans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum by Cookistry
More fall recipes:
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Bacon
- Skillet Caramel Apple Crisp
- Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Carnitas
- How to Cook a Spatchcocked Turkey
- Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Honey Baked Chicken and Potatoes
- How to Cook a Sirloin Roast
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Pomegranate Party Punch
- In a large bowl or pitcher mix the carbonated drink (or sparkling wine if making an alcohol-friendly version) with the pomegranate juice and sugar. Add sugar slowly if using carbonated drinks in case it bubbles up. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the orange slices and pomegranate arils. Mix again.
- Right before serving add the ice.
- At the last minute add the mint. It will over-power your drink if you add it too soon. Stir well.
- Serve with a big old pomegranate party punch loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!