Hi folks. Hope everyone is doing well. I finally had time to put this together. Took a little extra effort than normal so hope it was worth it and you all enjoy this post.
With Christmas getting close I thought something you could give as gifts would be nice. So I let my mind wander and…………oh sorry I did it again. Okay Lunie let’s focus. Gifts in jars, Christmas, ideas for others. So my mind wandered and well let’s be honest when it wanders it goes in the same direction most of the time. Ice cream and well, chocolate. I am a girl after all. I scoured the internet looking for the perfect hot fudge sauce and man are there a ton of “perfect” hot fudges out there. You can find quite a few “ultimate” and “best” hot fudge recipes too. Now I decided that just wouldn’t do. I did not want to be “prefect”, “ultimate” or “best”. So again I had to let my mind wander to what could compete with those. And this is where the mind went.
|Hot Fudge Sauce|
- 5 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan, lower to a simmer.
- Place a heat proof bowl over (not on) the water and add your chocolate and butter to the bowl.
- In a separate saucepan warm your cream over low heat.
- Now add your sugar and corn syrup to the cream, stir this until the sugar dissolves. Must be completely dissolved before moving to next step.
- Now add the warm cream mixture to the melted chocolate mixture.
- Keep over low heat and stir constantly for about 10 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add the vanilla.
- Serve warm.
Adapted from The Ultimate Ice Cream Book
I know what you’re thinking right now. You’re thinking I probably licked the side of the jar. I mean seriously people, give me some credit. I did not li….okay so I did. But I promise it was our jar and not one I was giving away. Pinky swear! *licks her pinky*
Alrighty roo folks I have some ideas for gifts you can give to people for Christmas. You all know hubs is laid off so coming up with cost effective ways to celebrate was a must this year. Here’s some great ideas for you foodies out there. People love home made gifts. Just don’t lick the side of their jars and they are happy. Or just don’t tell them.
Christmas Gift Idea #1:
Obviously this one here in the post! Make someone this and they will love you forever. Or till the sauce is all gone anyway.
Christmas Gift Idea #2:
Christmas Gift Idea #3:
Christmas Gift Idea #4:
Christmas Gift Idea #5:
Christmas Gift Idea #6:
Christmas Gift Idea #7:
Christmas Gift Idea #8:
Christmas Gift Idea #9:
Christmas Gift Idea #10:
Christmas Gift Idea #11:
Christmas Gift Idea #12:
So that wraps up gifts in jars for now. There are so many ideas out there on the internet. Just google it and you will be overwhelmed with simple and cost effective Christmas gifts.
If you are looking for ideas for desserts or dishes for Christmas feel free to browse around here of visit my Pinterest page by clicking HERE!
Be back shortly with the Party Mix you make in a slow cooker. How cool is that? I also have a wonderful ice cream for you. The fun never ends here. The waistline either. Ugh!
Toodles and smoochies! xx