Hi folks. I am SO behind. I cannot fall behind otherwise I won’t be able to share all my Christmas ideas with you. I have done so much today. In the midst of cooking a ton today I have also been to the barn, cleaned and returned all our horse stuff to the barn, done paperwork (trying to do year end so I can slip it away and start fresh), gone over our finances and budget (scary!), done laundry (endless) and am cleaning out two closets (overkill). Yup, I have issues. We’re also in the process of putting two bookcases in the basement and I have to organize them. Yes my books will be placed in alphabetical order by author then title. Yes I have serious issues. Now you would think me being this ocd would mean my house is immaculate, trust me it is not. Well, not right now anyway. It looks like a hurricane blew through. But by week’s end it will be finished and ready for guests. I tend to like things to have a place. Once it is chaos I tend to create more chaos and then by the end it looks stunning. Just getting there is difficult.
I found this amazing recipe to share with you guys. I have had this cookbook for eons, just never made much out of it. I was looking for something stunning and a bit off the wall for SLOW COOKER SATURDAY. I hate to do the ordinary. So when I came across this I just knew it was the one. Party mix in a slow cooker, now that’s just thinking outside the box. I love whoever came up with this idea. I have no idea who that person is but I want to marry them and have babies with them. Now if that someone happened to be Timothy Oliphant then so be it. A deals a deal. I shall suffer through. It’ll be hard but somehow I’ll make it work. *giggles uncontrollably and stares at the call display waiting for it to say Timothy Oliphant*
Alrighty roo folks, so without further ado or silliness or craziness or rambling or carrying on or going on and on and on…..oh wait, I guess I just did all that. Alrighty roo folks with further ado and silliness and craziness and carrying on and going on and on and on, I bring you….drumroll please….
- In your slow cooker combine crackers, cereal, pretzels and pecans. Stir.
- In the microwave melt your butter for about a minute.
- Now in a bowl combine your butter, worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir.
- Pour this butter mixture over the stuff in the slow cooker.
- Toss to coat it well. I just use a big wooden spoon. Try not to be too rough though.
- DO NOT COVER THE SLOW COOKER!!!
- Now turn your UNCOVERED slow cooker on high for 2 hours. Stir every 30 minutes or so.
- Now turn it down and cook UNCOVERED for another 2 to 4 hours on low. I found 2 hours sufficient. Stir every 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Try not to eat all the pretzels while they are piping hot.
Adapted from Easy Home Cooking All New Slow Cooker Cookbook
So cool that you make this in a slow cooker. Hurrah for slow cookers. Slow cookers rock. Slow cookers rule. Slow cookers kick butt. Slow cookers for president. Er, okay well not the last one but all the rest.
Toodles and smoochies! xx