Rigatoni with Golden & Cherry Tomatoes and Baby Bella Mushrooms: Guest Post by Sandra’s Easy Cooking

Rigatoni with Golden Cherry Tomatoes and Baby Bella Mushrooms by Sandra's Easy Cooking

Hi folks. I have a very special treat for you today. The lovely and talented Sandra from Sandra’s Easy Cooking is guest posting today. If you have not read her blog I highly recommend you head over and do so. She is an amazing cook, recently she has taken on a more healthful approach to cooking. Sandra takes the most phenomenal photos, they are always so bright and gorgeous. Every single recipe makes me drool. Even the seafood recipes and I don’t even like seafood. You know she’s doing something right when she can get this gal craving some shellfish. There is a section on her blog called Kid’s Corner that has a few kid friendly recipes that are out of this world. She has made a lovely recipe to share with us today and I am ever grateful to her for agreeing to guest today.

Hello Everybody,

I am Sandra, author of Sandra‘s Easy Cooking food blog where you can find pretty easy and simple recipes. I started this blogging adventure in middle of 2010 and just fell in love not only with blogging itself but with kindness of people that are very supportive around our food web.

I see Kim as a kind, supportive, and funny person. Power of her posts would lift anybodies spirit and you leave her blog with huge smile on your face..am I right or what???

I really adore and respect her as a blogger and a friend! As soon as I see that cannoli in a foodbuzz inbox I have to check it out!:)) Now let me share a recipe with mushrooms..yes, Kim don’t like Mushrooms so here is one recipe that contain that exact ingredient..

Rigatoni with Golden & Cherry Tomatoes and Baby Bella Mushrooms:

Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 1 Box Rigatoni
  • 1 tbs Salt
  • 2 Tbs. Pure Olive Oil
  • 4 Scallions, chopped
  • 20 Golden Tomatoes, cut in half
  • 10 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1/2 pk Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
  • Salt (about 1/2 tsp.) and Pepper(about 1/2 tbs.) or to taste
Directions:
  1. Boil the water with a salt, place the rigatoni in and cook until tender.
  2. In a larger sauce pan pour oil and chopped scallions(green onions).
  3. Saute the onions for minute or two and add mushrooms in a hot pan.
  4. Turn few times mushrooms and let them cook through.
  5. Add both kind of sliced in half tomatoes, and stir.
  6. Let it cook for only few minutes.
  7. Once the pasta is done, drain and mix in with a tomatoes and mushrooms.
Serve hot and preferably immediately!

Thank you Kim so very much for inviting me today, I enjoyed making this dish just for you at 9 am!

Wishing you all great day!

Sandra

Okay so maybe I need to rethink my stance on mushrooms! This looks so good. I love how colorful and inviting Sandra’s food is. She nails it every single time. I am so lucky to have met this beautiful soul through foodbuzz. She is always kind and warm, always a cheerful word for you. I consider her a friend and know one day we will meet in person and never stop gabbing. She is just the kind of gal you feel you’ve known forever. A true friend and an amazing cook.

While you are stopping by her blog, Sandra’s Easy Cooking make sure you check out her right sidebar. Sandra has her own cookbook for sale. Also make sure you follow her on TWITTER, and FACEBOOK. You will want to hug me for introducing you to her. Just remember, Lunie doesn’t do hugs. Germs remember. Ick! Thank me from a safe distance.

Toodles and smoochies. xx

Comments

Awww Kim..thank you so much again for inviting me here today..I am more than honored!!!! xoxo

Jill Colonna says:

Kim doesn't like mushrooms? Quoi? Well I'm sure she'll be bowled over by these ones. Bella-bella – and love the photos as ever, Sandra.

Sandra, such a beautiful dish! I am a humungous mushroom fan (sorry, Kim) so I could just eat the tomato/ mushroom mixture by itself!

Nice to find two amazing bloggers in one place!
    This recipe makes me think of my frugal husband. When it comes to food, I do not price shop like he does. He loves cherry tomatoes but says they are too expensive. The fix for that is to buy them when he is not around! Your pasta dish does have some goodies in it-yum! Lightly seasoned is the only way to let the true freshness of those veggies take center stage. Great guest post!

So Kim does this mean we'll see a mushroom in a jar recipe? Just kidding!!! Thanks for inviting Sandra, she's very special.

Oh, what fun to find Sandra here today! And with a lovely, shroom filled pasta…yum, yum. I always eat my hubby's share, and I'll eat yours, too, Kim :)

Great post Sandra! I love the photos and I LOVE mushrooms. Thanks for the intro Kim.

easyfoodsmith says:

Delicious guest post Kim. Thanks Sandra for sharing this wonderfully delicious dish.

Germs? What germs, Kim? Aren't we sterilized already?! :) This recipe (and post too) is great. I can see how I can mask more vegetables for my kids to eat in this dish. Thanks, Sandra. Heading over to your blog…

I always love Sandra's straight forward and gorgeous recipes, and this one is no exception. So quick, easy and beautiful. Great guest post.

Kim, Thank you for having one of my favorite bloggers here.

Asian-spice mix says:

What a simple yummy and easy recipe,,,looks delicious :0
    Ridwan

I love the blogging community! This post is just oozing with good feelings (and of course good food). Two great bloggers in one place is a wonderful thing. Thanks ladies for a fun read and a great recipe.

Lacy @ NYCityEats says:

Mmm this sounds like something that I could whip up afer work! Looks delicious, love the mushrooms! Definitely adds a little something extra. Yum!

The Mom Chef says:

You definitely need to rethink your stance on mushrooms! Wow, that dish looks gorgeous. Sandra, thanks for choosing that one, which is definitely drool-worthy. Lunatic, thanks for introducing me to a new blogger.

Anita at Hungry Couple says:

No hugs, Kim? Not even from hubs? :) I'm with you on the shrooms…yuck. Fortunately Brian loves them so he just eats any that accidentally got on my plate.

Bestfoodies says:

Pasta is my all time favorite food so this is right up my alley. I am going to put it on Pinterest!

I am equally honored my dear. I adore the dish and the cook. xx

I swear I am like a 5 year old with food. So many things I do not like. I am getting better. *stifles a laugh* I love the look of mushrooms. So that's a start.

Lol it's okay. My dad was a huge mushrooms fan. He used to chop them up really fine and I'd sit for hours picking them out of my lasagna just to spite him. Lol!

Thanks Tina. I hate shopping with hubs. I took him to Walmart once and he went ballistic cuz I wanted to buy everyone those battery toothbrushes. They were on sale for $7 a piece. He was so floored I wanted to drop that on toothbrushes. I was like "but they're half price so it's a bargain". I got creative and picked them up for stocking stuffers. Lol!

*falls down laughing*

I love Sandra. She is so sweet and talented.

Lol, I'll hand you the shrooms and the tomatoes. But that means if there's cupcakes for dessert I get half of yours. *smiles innocently*

You are welcome. She is a gem!

Thank you so much for swinging by.

I…um…er…I can't even try to explain this one. I have issues. I need professional help. Lol!

You are welcome. I love the accessibility of her recipes too. Food does not always need to require 25 steps and two days of prep.

Thanks for visiting Ridwan!

I tend to get sappy with my guests. Cannot help myself. If and when I get to meet people in person it's going to be embarrassing how wired I will be.

Sandra's recipes are perfection for those who balance work and home life.

I know right. I think they are so pretty and love looking at them. But put one on my plate and I'm like a little kid. It's weird too cuz we have a mushroom factory near us. Most of my friends worked summers there. I was like um, no. I adore Sandra and am so glad she gave everyone a recipe with something I don't usually use. Great for all you shroom fans.

Boys….ew gross as "13 going on 30" movies says. Lol. Hubs does that with my tomatoes. He loves them. But I have to hand them over cuz if someone touches my plate they are getting a fork in their hand. Kim doesn't do germs or sharing food. I love that friends episode where "Joey doesn't share food". So funny.

Cool!

Dorothy's Kitchen says:

My mouth is totally watering looking at that delicious pasta. We eat pasta quite a bit, my husband usually cooks it for us, I'll have to show him this recipe!

I always love reading Sandra's posts, too–this looks so fresh and colorful–yum!

Quiche-ing Queen says:

This is a mouth watering dish. So delicious. Pasta is a family favorite and a healthy pasta dish sounds perfect for dinner. Yummy!

Curry and Comfort says:

Great post Sandra and Kim. I would definitely dig into this pasta! I love that she added mushrooms… Kim she's gonna make you try them. :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. says:

I love Sandra (and you too, Kim)! This pasta looks delicious! I love the bright red tomatoes!

Nami | Just One Cookbook says:

Hi Kim! I didn't know you don't like mushroom! Don't worry I'll eat your mushroom~~! ;-) Sandra you made such an easy and delicious meal and thanks for sharing it. I love how these ingredients are just ordinary ingredients that we normally have in the fridge! I will make it for lunch very soon. Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

Torviewtoronto says:

lovely post delicious looking pasta

Cake Duchess says:

Lovely post from sweet Sandra. This is my kind of dinner:)Happy weekend to you both!

Wow my hubs only cooks eggs, mac n cheese and pancakes. Lucky gal!

Sandra has a knack with fresh and colorful. I love her photos.

I love pasta. I always have a hard time understanding people who don't eat it. My body craves it, especially when I work out.

Lol, I would if Sandra asked me to. I grew up with them cuz my dad loved them. Just never been a big fan.

Aw, thank Stephanie.

Yup, I think I only had one mushroom recipe till now. I did stuffed portobella's once then we were all like wait, we don't like mushrooms. Funniest dinner ever. The guys were good sports and ate them.

Thanks for coming by.

You too. Hope you have a fun filled weekend.

Marina {Yummy Mummy) says:

I love the colors in that! Gorgeous and totally my kind of meal. Yum!

firefoodie says:

What a colourful, healthy and tasty dish. Thanks for sharing this one. (the half a cup of parmesan is ready and waiting ;) A.

Hi Marina, I thought you might like this one. Hope all is well with you and yours.xx

Sandra knows how to do healthy and make it pretty. Thanks for stopping by.

Asian-spice mix says:

Kim : i'm back here to let you know i have an award for you,please check it out.http://rivankie.blogspot.com/2012/02/manggo-kiwi-ginger-crumbled-and-awards.html

Jen at The Three Little Piglets says:

Such a sweet, sweet guest poster! Looks beautiful girls! Enjoy your weekend!

Jackie @ Domestic Fits says:

SO fun to see Sandra and Kim teaming up for this gorgeous post :)

Magic of Spice says:

Hi Sandra, this looks so good! I think this will be my
    lunch :)
    Great guest post Kim :)

This looks delicious… I love how bright the dish is. It sounds amazing and I bet tasted wonderful.

The Harried Cook says:

Yummy! Love both your blogs and am glad to see you both together :) The dish looks SO good, Sandra! Colorful and so inviting… Great post! Thanks for sharing, Kim!

Deeps @ Naughty Curry says:

thats a fabulous guest post! i love pasta with mushrooms & this looks delecious

Anne@FromMySweetHeart says:

What a great guest post ladies! The rigatoni looks delicious and I love every ingredient in it! Thanks for introducing me to Sandra and her awesome blog. And Sandra…you are right…Kim just makes me smile! : )

Parsley Sage says:

Brilliant! It's great seeing Sandra over here. She's got some phenom recipes and this one is no exception. Loving the bella roma mushrooms. Rawr!

Lindselicious says:

Great guest post, this pasta totally sounds great. I love using fresh tomatos in pasta like Sandra did. YUM!!

Thanks for visiting Jen.xx

Thanks Jackie.xx

Thank you so much.

I swear Sandra should teaching me photography. She really captures the beauty of her food wonderfully.

Thanks so much for coming by. You are so sweet.

Thank you so much for coming by.

Aw thanks so much Anne. You are such a sweetheart. xx

She is the queen of fresh and bright food I swear. I always leave her blog smiling and craving healthy dishes.

I always have to do two bowls. Hubs like tomatoes and I can't eat them. I love the look of them though.

What a great guest post! I love Sandra and she always has amazing things on her blog =)

Sandie@afoodieaffair.com says:

Great post! Looks delicious!Sandra always makes great posts!