so maybe not ALL the hubbies.
Okay, okay, sorry for the hubby humour. What can I say, it’s been a long day.
Now this is almost too easy. Your kids would love this. It gets done in a snap and they taste wicked good. Nothing like sweet with salty. It’s a match made in heaven if you ask me.
I feel like this shouldn’t even be called a recipe. But I’ll post instructions for you all just in case. It’s super simple and honestly your kids, hubby and quite likely your cat could do this. So hit the craft store to pick up pretzel sticks, candy melts and sprinkles and have at it.
- 1 bag of large pretzel sticks
- 1 or 2 bags of candy melts, depending on how many colours you want to make
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or set out some low ball glasses.
- Melt about half a bag of candy melts in a glass bowl. You should check and stir them every 30 seconds. They will go hard if you over-cook them. Mine took about 1.5 minutes. Every microwave is different though.
- Stir the candy melts well until smooth.
- Dunk your pretzel in the candy melts and swirl it around gently.
- Let the extra drip off.
- Sprinkle your, er, sprinkles over top.
- Either place them candy side up in the glass or lay down on the parchment to set.
- Repeat with more of the same colour or use a different one to mix things up.(one full bag of candy melts should cover one bag of pretzel sticks)
- Serve with a big old sweet and salty smile!
What’s really cool about these is you can mix it up and personalize them. Mini-me has a friend whose mom makes them for Christmas every year. They are versatile and you can theme them depending on the holiday or occasion. They look cute and taste amazing. What else can you ask for. Except for hubs to do the dishes. Now there’s a dream come true.
For the record this short post makes up for yesterday’s rather long and heartfelt post. If you haven’t stopped by that one yet you totally should. I’m giving away fudge and made adorable Monster Fudge with funky googly eyes. There is also some links I wanted to share with you that are near and dear to my heart. So please head over there to read the post. I sincerely hope it will change your world a little bit and make you feel grateful for the blessings you have in your life.
Hope you enjoyed day two of Halloween Week. More to come. I’m having far too much fun in my kitchen this week.
For my fellow foodie bloggers feel free to let me know if you would like to join some group pinterest boards. Over the course of the next week I’ll be making about a dozen of my food love boards into group boards. So look for invites and if you don’t get one and would like one please let me know. You can find me killing time often on Pinterest.
Toodles and smoochies! xx