Easter Bark: Two Ways (Creme Egg Bark & Jelly Bean Bark)

Easter Jelly Bean Bark

I love Easter.

I love Chocolate.

I love Easter Chocolate!

Heck, let’s be honest, I love any kind of chocolate. Any excuse to chow down on delicious chocolate is a good day in my book.

Toss in some festive holiday candy and it goes beyond love, right into obsession.

I love Creme Eggs.

I love Jelly Beans.

Add those to chocolate bark and it might be time for a restraining order. I may cross over the edge. It’s been known to happen.

I mean look at this stuff. It’s yummy goodness inside more yummy goodness. Who could resist? Not me!

Easter Jelly Bean Bark

This is super easy to make so if you need to whip up something at the last-minute to bring to a family dinner this is perfect. It’s also perfect for using up leftover candy. Or so I’ve heard.

I’ve never actually had any leftover candy.

Creme Egg Bark by Cravings of a Lunatic

Easter Bark: Two Ways (Creme Egg Bark & Jelly Bean Bark)
Simple and festive way to use Easter candy to make chocolate bark.
Serves: 2 loaf pans of chocolate bark
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
For the Creme Egg Bark:
  • 8 oz of good quality chocolate
  • 6 mini creme eggs, cut in half
For the Jelly Bean Bark:
  • 8 oz good quality chocolate
  • ¼ cup of mini jelly beans
  1. In a double boiler, or using a pan with a heat proof glass bowl over top, bring water to a low boil. Add broken up pieces of chocolate to the top portion of your double boiler. Cook over medium low heat until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
  2. In the meantime line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper.
  3. Once the chocolate is melted pour half into each pan. Spread out evenly.
  4. In one pan add the jelly beans to the top.
  5. In the other pan add the creme eggs, creme side up.
  6. Allow to set in the fridge.
  7. Break into pieces.
  8. Serve with a big old Easter smile!
I did not temper my chocolate for two reasons:

I'm lazy!

It gets eaten so quickly it wasn't a big concern!

Use any candy you like. Be creative!

Creme Egg Bark

See, super yummy and easy. You’re welcome!

Happy Easter Weekend!

Comments

• Kim Bee says

Thanks Jennifer. So glad I’m not the only candy junkie in the bunch. It’s so good. I love bark, it’s just fun and easy.

Chocolate is good stuff! We eat more than just a little around here. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Great looking bark! And is leftover candy even legal? Must be a Canadian thing – it sure isn’t in the US. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Good stuff – thanks.

• Kim Bee says

Us too. It’s just so yummy. And lol, I have to make it before the family finds the candy or it will never happen.

2. Debra says

Chocolate is the best and I always indulge at this time if year. I indulge a lot of times of the year but don’t tell… Hope you and your fam have a great Easter!

• Kim Bee says

Lol, you crack me up. We had a good weekend thus far. Dinner tomorrow. Ham and roast beef, going to make a complete pig of myself I’m sure.

3. Debra says

Holy .. Ham AND roast beef .. You energetic little thing you .. We did turkey, but on Friday cause that’s when family were here. Enjoy!

This made me smile. :) We haven’t had a single Cadbury egg this year but I am off to go find one for Taylor! I can’t have her living a deprived life…

This bark is really tempting me right now. I think I am in a bit of a chocolate craving phase and perhaps the only way to feed the monster is to tame it!

I dont care how easy this recipe is. I love it! I do have the regular sized creme eggs leftover, so I may just chop those up. I have a candy bar mold that I can use too!