I should feel really bad about eating this decadent cherry dessert pizza.
I should not be eating cherry pie pizza drizzled with chocolate when I’m suppose to be watching my diet.
I really should feel guilty and bad about myself.
But look at this freaking thing.
Would you feel bad?
I certainly don’t.
Not even after 3 slices…
or even 5.
Somewhere around slice #8 I started to think I should probably walk away with some dignity left.
But then I figured there were only 4 slices left and the family would be home soon.
So I polished them off with a big old cherry smile and passed out on the couch.
Not a lick of guilt to be found.
Or a crumb of cherry cobber pizza either.
This is my first time joining the Pass the Cook Book Club. The group is run by the amazing Kita of Pass the Sushi. You all know I love me some Kita. She’s also my site designer and you can find her work at Silhouette Graphics. When Kita posted the recipes for March I may have done a happy dance. There was no question in my mind which one I was making. They all looked fabulous but me and cherries are old friends, so I knew we needed to meet again. And meet we did. The cherry cobbler pizza met my piehole and didn’t stand a chance of survival.
This month we tackled Guy Fieri Food. Each month Kita picks some recipes from different cook books she has gathering dust. We then pick which one we’d like to make and then post as a group at the end of the month. It’s a great group of bloggers and I hope you all join us. Even if you do not have a blog you can still join. I know right. Kita is awesome like that. So if you want to cook along and join the fun but don’t blog, that’s totally cool. So hop on into that kitchen of yours and get cooking.
I love Guy’s show and watch it whenever I get the chance. We want to take a road trip and visit some restaurants he’s had on the show. Seems like such a fun thing to do. He finds the most interesting restaurants and we’re usually drooling by the time the show is over. The man knows food. And I’ve realized after making this dish that the man knows food really well. This pizza is genius. Except for the mascarpone I was supposed to top it with. Sorry Guy, I swapped it for chocolate. It’s a Girl Thang.
Guy Fieri’s Cherry Cobbler Pizza
- 1 portion pizza dough Guy calls for whole wheat but I used white
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon I combined 1/4 teaspoon regular and 1/4 teaspoon roasted saigon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 can of cherry pie filling 21 oz size
- 2 oz of semi sweet chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. (original recipe calls for 500 degrees)
- Spray a pizza pan with non stick spray.
- Spread your dough over the pan.
- Poke the dough with a fork a few times.
- Spread the cherry pie filling over top and smooth out.
- Now in a stand mixer combine the oats, sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon and almonds and mix well. Take that mixture and spoon out over top of the cherry pie filling leaving gaps here and there.
- Pop the pizza in your preheated oven and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. Start keeping an eye on it around the 8 minute mark.
- While it cooks melt you chocolate in the microwave. Takes about a minute, but check and still every 15 to 30 seconds to prevent overcooking.
- Remove pizza from oven.
- Drizzle chocolate over pizza.
- Serve with a big old there goes the diet smile!
Make sure you stop by and visit all the other lovely recipes by the Pass the Cook Book Club.
Toodles and smoochies! xx