Simple recipe to make candied bacon inside your oven.
Welcome to Brunch Week.
Today’s recipe is Candied Bacon.
Yah, you heard me.
I candied bacon.
For those who have never had candied bacon you’re thinking “what the heck”….
for those who have had candied bacon you’re running into the kitchen to whip some up and screaming “get in mah bellah”!
This stuff is the pinnacle of bacon….
the pinnacle of bacon….
it’s sheer perfection…
in a little candy strip.
I know you are all ready to scoot in the kitchen and make this now…
chomping at the bit for your own candied bacon…
wait till you get the recipe…
this Mind blowing recipe!
Take a peek for yourself…
it’s okay I can wait while you scroll down…
just make sure you prepare yourself…
it’s going to blow your skirt up.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 Pound of Bacon, thick sliced works best
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prep cookie sheets (I used 2) by placing parchment on them. Set pans nearby.
- Scoop ½ cup of the brown sugar onto a plate.
- Take strips of bacon and dunk the bacon into the brown sugar. This part gets a bit messy but it's worth it. Make sure you turn it around and coat the bacon well.
- Lay the bacon on the parchment.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Peek in and see how it's doing. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Check again and adjust time depending on how well done you like your bacon. You can cook for another 5 minutes if you like yours really dark.
- Remove from oven and pull the strips off the paper after a few minutes.
- Place on a serving plate.
- Serve with a big old "oops I ate all the candied bacon and the serving platter is now empty" smile!
I was too lazy for that this time!
Make sure you stop by all the other Brunch Week crew to see what they cooked up for you. It’s an impressive list! We’ll be at it all week. I’m participating every day except Tuesday. Tuesday is a post in memory of my Dad.
Meat, Poultry and Fish:
Breads, Grains, Cereals and Pancake-type Yums:
Sure hope you get to try this amazing candied bacon recipe. It’s really over the top good. Wildly addictive!
Craving more breakfast recipe? Check these out:
Have a fabulous day. Make sure you go whip up a batch of this immediately. Thank you letters are always welcome. Or bags of money. *grins*
Toodles and smoochies! xx