This Pomegranate Party Punch is both delicious and versatile. You can make this Spiked or Unspiked. Perfect for parties, have one of each!
Welcome to Cocktail Day, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic, Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and Donna of Cookistry. We are raising our glasses to toast you all with some unique and delicious cocktails and mocktails in anticipation of the Big Game and Valentine’s Day. Be sure to bookmark or pin these creative beverages for your next gathering. We hope you enjoy this marvelous event and the incredible giveaways from our generous sponsors. Cheers!
Thanks so much for joining us today. We are raising our glasses today. Mine is filled with a non-alcoholic version of this drink. For those who do not know me I’ll fill you in on a little secret. I’m not allowed to have alcohol, like not even a drop, not even a smidge. I have something called IBS and for me alcohol is a serious trigger. I haven’t had a drink in 7 years. I’ve had maybe 2 glasses in the last 20 years. So how I got wrangled into heading up Cocktail Day is still a mystery to me. A hilarious mystery none-the-less. I’ve had so much fun doing this with Liz and Donna. I’m so glad they had my back since I had lots of technical questions for them.
I had a ton of fun planning what to make. I wrestled with how to handle this since lots of my readers know I can’t drink. So a really good friend of mine suggested doing punch. She was right on the money. When we throw parties this is just the kind of thing we make. So I dug through my recipe notebooks. I haven’t thrown a party in some time but luckily I had some of my old ones in an old notebook. This one is super versatile and you can swap out ingredients easily, and adjust the sweetness based on your own taste. I love recipes like this one.
I hope you enjoy this too. Make sure you scroll down to see a list of all our participants, sponsors and also to enter the giveaway for tons of amazing prizes. You are going to want to enter this one. The prizes are wicked cool. I wish I could enter myself.
Other Fabulous Bloggers Mixing It Up with Us for Cocktail Day:
- Pomegranate Party Punch by Cravings of a Lunatic
- White Cosmopolitans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum by Cookistry
- Bacon Jalapeno Bloody Mary by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Blood Orange Old Fashioned by Kelly Bakes
- Caipirinhas by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Martini by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Cupcake Cocktail by JavaCupcake
- Ciderhouse Whiskey by From the Bookshelf
- Citrus Cranberry Punch by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini by Home Cooking Memories
- Egyptian Martini by Cooking In Stilettos
- Espresso Martini by Liv Life
- Frosty Lemon Drop Martini by The Hopeless Housewife
- Frozen Marshmallow Mudslide by 365 Days of Baking & More
- Ginger Raspberry Fizzy by Try Anything Once
- Iced Cake Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Le Jardinier by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Mandarin Mulled Wine by Food Babbles
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Gin Fizz by Crumb
- Muddled Rosemary and Pineapple Cocktail by My Catholic Kitchen
- Nutella Martini by The Pink Flour
- Peach Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Margarita by Miss in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Orange Spritzer by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Safe Sex on the Beach by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Side Car with Dried Cherries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Winter Fruit White Wine Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Lola’s Kitchen
- 8 cups of lemon-lime flavoured carbonated drink (use sparking wine if making making this an alcohol-friendly version)
- 1 and ½ cups cups Pomegranate Juice
- ¼ cup sugar (more if you have a sweet tooth)
- 2 oranges, sliced thinly, use the middle slices, not the ends
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 4 cups of ice
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In a large bowl or pitcher mix the carbonated drink (or sparkling wine if making an alcohol-friendly version) with the Pomegranate juice and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the orange slices, pomegranate seeds and mix again.
- Right before serving add the ice.
- At the last minute add the mint, it will over-power your drink if you add it too soon. Stir.
- Serve with a big old pomegranate party punch loving smile!
Molecule-R can be found on Facebook, and YouTube. Molecular gastronomy can be defined as the fusion of food science and culinary arts. Molecular gastronomy by Molecule-R is a cookbook with stunning recipes explained and illustrated with the intelligence and aesthetic beauty that defines the MOLECULE-R brand. Mojito R-Evolution teaches you how to deconstruct your mojito into floating mint caviar and spectacular foams or encapsulate your favorite cocktail into a sphere that will explode in your mouth. Margarita R-Evolution teaches you how to create a margarita slush topped with a fresh lemon mousse, add a splash of colour by creating blue azure suspended pearls or encapsulate your margarita into an edible cocktail! Cosmo R-Evolution teaches you how to add a molecular twist to your traditional cosmo sure to awe your guests! Serve a cosmopolitan bubble on a spoon that will pop in your mouth, top off your cocktail with a light fluffy cranberry foam or suspend citrus caviar in your drink.
Microplane can be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Microplane is a division of family-owned Grace Manufacturing Inc., a long-standing company specializing in the crafting of precision thin metal parts for home and industrial use. The versatile Ultimate Citrus Tool features Microplane’s surgical grade stainless steel Fine blade. In addition, the Ultimate Citrus Tool features two decorative garnishing blades in a large (.300-inch diameter) and small (.180-inch diameter) size. The blades are made in the USA and are dishwasher safe. Microplane’s sleekly designed and multi-functional Bartender’s Garnishing Tool easily opens bottles, effortlessly zests oranges, lemons, limes, and other types of citrus fruits, and is dishwasher safe.
Not So Simple Syrup can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your pension for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas and non-alcoholic beverages too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. The Not So Simple Syrup Survival Gift Basket has two flavours of delicious all natural Not So Simple Syrup, a muddler for the perfect Mojito you might want to create, two glasses and a bar towel.
A special thank you to The Messy Baker for allowing us to use her gift basket photo. We really appreciate it.
Page St. Publishing, Race Point Publishing, Fair Winds Press are 3 amazing publishing companies. Check them out and spend some time poking about. They publish the most amazing cookbooks on the planet. We’re lucky to have 3 wonderful cookbooks up for grabs thanks to these companies today.
The list of prizes for Cocktail Day:
2 Individual Copies of Molecule Gastronomy by Molecule-R Cookbook
1 Set of Mojito R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
1 Set of Margarita R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
1 Set of Cosmo R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
1 Copy of The Architecture of the Cocktail sponsored by Race Point Publishing
1 Copy of Apothecary Cocktails sponsored by Fair Winds Press
1 Copy of The Best Craft Cocktails and Bartending with Flair sponsored by Page St. Publishing
1 Microplane Citrus Tool
I would like to take a minute to personally thank Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake and Donna of Cookistryfor hosting this event with me. I appreciate having partners in crime for events such as this. You ladies made this event special. Also thanks to all of our participants for joining us today. A special thanks to all of our sponsors for making Cocktail Day an event to remember. I raise my glass to all of you.
Congratulations to all our Cocktail Day Giveaway Winners:
- Molecular Gastronomy by Molecule-R Cookbook #1: Tanya Edward Holland
- Molecular Gastronomy by Molecule-R Cookbook #2: Lana Gilmore
- Mojito R-Evolution Kit: Gary Lee
- Margarita R-Evolution: Jenny Hartin
- Cosmo R-Evolution: Gina Guthrie
- The Architecture of the Cocktail Cookbook: Pam Schraeder
- Apothecary Cocktails Cookbook: Sherri Ann Richerson
- The Best Craft Cocktails Cookbook: Candice O’Bannan
- Not So Simple Syrup Gift Basket: Pam Krick Gurganus
- Microplane Bartender’s Garnishing Tool: Sarah Fulginiti
- Microplane Citrus Tool: Michelle Feltes
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS TO ALL WHO ENTERED! xx
***This giveaway is intended for each prize to have a separate winner! No person can win multiple prizes. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only . Winners will be chosen by random draw. The winners will be notified via e-mail, and have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by our sponsors, no bloggers have received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Toodles and smoochies! xx