This Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge is topped with melted chocolate and mini peanut butter cups chopped into pieces.
This Peanut Butter Fudge recipe is perfect for any beginner cook. It’s decadent yet easy to make. That’s my kind of fudge!
The thing about most fudge recipes is they are wicked hard to make, step heavy, or they are just plain temperamental. Most people get intimidated by fudge. However this fudge should inspire no fear.
It’s made in the microwave. Every step of it. It is the easiest fudge I’ve ever made in my life. It’s a thing of beauty.
I usually make my peanut fudge on the stove top but I happened upon Alton Brown’s recipe for microwave fudge and I was intrigued. I knew I had to test this out.
Since this fudge has a special purpose I had to up the wow factor a bit. Plain peanut butter fudge was not going to cut it today. So, I decided to drizzle some really good quality chocolate over top of the fudge. Then, I chopped up mini peanut butter cups and tossed those on top. Sheer perfection if you ask me. In a tiny little sugar package.
This recipe does not disappoint. It’s super easy to make and it’s absolutely delicious.
If you’re thinking to yourself “wow I’d really love some of this decadent Peanut Butter Fudge topped with Chocolate and Mini Peanut Butter Cups”, well, you’re in luck. This fudge is super easy to make. Plus it’s wicked quick too. Seriously, it’s the easiest fudge you’ll ever make.
- peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- mini peanut butter cups
Be sure to scroll to the recipe card for FULL ingredients and directions!
- First add butter and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave and melt together until smooth.
- Then remove the bowl from the microwave, whisk the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Next, add the vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir.
- Now transfer the mixture to a parchment lined pan.
- Then, smooth the top of the fudge. Cover and refrigerate.
- Next, in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate until it’s smooth.
- Remove fudge from fridge and spoon the chocolate over top.
- Lastly, toss the chopped mini peanut butter cups over top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until the fudge sets up.
More Great Fudge Recipes
- Cake Batter Fudge
- Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Microwave Nutella S’mores Fudge
- Red Velvet Swirl Fudge
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Fudge with Pistachios
- Red Velvet Fudge
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
For the fudge:
For the topping:
- 1 cup good quality chocolate melted
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups chopped
- Place butter and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and stir, place back in microwave and cook for about another minute depending on your microwave. It gets super hot so handle with care. If you're microwave is not powerful you may need to go an additional minute.
- Place on counter, whisk the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, then the powdered sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together and loses it gloss.
- Transfer to a parchment lined 8 by 8 inch pan. Make sure you leave some parchment hanging over the edges so you can pull it down to cover the fudge while it sets, and also it makes it easier to remove to cut.
- Smooth the fudge inside the pan. Fold over the parchment so the fudge is covered and not exposed to air. Pop in the fridge till it sets up. Takes a couple of hours.
- Remove from fridge and set on counter in pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second increments until it's melted and smooth. Spoon evenly over fudge.
- Toss the chopped up pieces of peanut butter cups over top on the warm chocolate so they stick.
- Pop back in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve with a big old peanut butter smile!
You must make this. Now. Hurry. It’s going to take a few minutes then it’s pure bliss!
Toodles and smoochies! xx