These homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are super easy to make and loaded with chocolate chips. Every bite is perfection!
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best quick and easy homemade cookies. They are basically Momzie’s peanut butter cookies that are loaded with chocolate chips!
Typically when I bake cookies I love to make large batches of the base cookie then divide the dough to make other varieties of cookies. It just saves time and you end up with TONS of delicious cookies.
Peanut butter cookies are so easy to jazz up in different ways. If you scroll down there is a list of add-ins to change these up a bit. You can make multiple variations which is always a bonus.
Not only are these cookies easy to make but they get rave reviews from all our family and friends. My one brother is a huge fan of any cookies that include peanut butter.
I actually have a ton of cookies stashed in my freezer for him for the holidays. I’m angling to be the favourite sibling this year.
Now run in your kitchen right NOW and whip up a batch, or twenty, of these scrumptious cookies.
- Peanut Butter – Use smooth peanut butter for this cookie recipe.
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe. However, if you use salted butter be sure to omit the added salt in the recipe.
- Sugar – You will need white granulated sugar, as well as light brown sugar for these cookies.
- Eggs – I used large eggs for this recipe.
- Extract – Use vanilla extract for this recipe.
- Flour – All purpose flour is the flour of choice for these cookies.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder – Use both for this cookie recipe. Do not omit either.
- Salt – The salt can be omitted if you are watching your sodium. Although salt does actually enhance the flavour of cookies.
- Chocolate Chips – I used milk chocolate chips for this recipe but you can use any kind you prefer.
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, or hand mixer and a bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and both sugars together until they are well combined.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix briefly.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the mixer and mix until well combined.
- Then, add the chocolate chips to the bowl but mix those in by hand, using a wooden spoon so the chocolate chips don’t break.
- Next, use a tablespoon to grab scoops of dough, then use your hands to roll each scoop into balls. Place each ball on the cookie sheet.
- Then, use a fork to make a criss-cross shape in each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake in the preheated 350 degree F oven for about 12 -15 minutes.
- Then, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Lastly, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to allow them to cool fully if you can resist eating them hot!
- Store for later or serve immediately!
How to store:
- First, make sure you allow the cookies to cool completely before storing them.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container at room temperature. You can use waxed paper or parchment paper to separate the layers of cookies.
- I do not mix recommend storing different kinds of cookies together. Honestly, they tend to take on the flavour of the other cookies if you store them in one container.
- Cookies can be stored at room temperature for about a week.
- They can also be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Tips for freezing:
- Honestly, I prefer using a freezer bag. Just be sure to remove all the excess air out before sealing the bag.
- If you are using a container be sure to use waxed paper or parchment paper between the layers.
- Put a layer of waxed paper over top of the final layer then make sure you lid is snapped on super tight.
- Use a marker to add the date to the freezer bag or container.
- Cookies can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months if stored properly.
Are these a peanut butter cookie or chocolate chip cookie:
Honestly, I would classify these as more of a peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips in them, as opposed to a chocolate chip cookie with peanut butter added in.
The base is a family peanut butter cookie recipe that I added chocolate chips to. Just so you’re clear on what to expect taste and texture wise.
I also have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that has added peanut butter which I will share the next time I whip them up. The texture and taste differ from these cookies.
- M&M’s – These are always fun to toss in almost any cookie recipe.
- Oats- Nothing beats a great peanut butter oatmeal cookie.
- Pretzels – In all honesty, pretzels are one of my favourite things to add to cookies. I love the sweet and salty combination.
- Peanut Butter Chips – Added peanut butter chips along with the chocolate chips would be next level awesomeness!
- Broken Chocolate Bar Pieces – You can break up peanut butter cups, Snickers, Mars, Butterfingers, or Oh Henry into pieces and toss them in. So good.
- Cookie Pieces – These would be amazing with Nutter Butter or Oreo pieces tossed in.
- Nuts – You can toss in walnuts, pistachios, pecans or any other kind of nut you love.
- Other Stuff – Toss in marshmallows or graham crackers for a yummy peanut butter s’mores cookie!
More Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes:
- Monster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bark
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Skillet Cookie
- Baked Fudge with Peanut Butter Cups
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread with Walnuts
- Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a mixer to cream peanut butter, butter, and sugars together. Blend well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix again until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the bowl and mix again till combined.
- Add chocolate chips to the bowl and mix by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough and then roll each one into a ball, then place each ball on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork to press them down a bit by making little crosses in the top of each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the preheated oven, and bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to fully cool.
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.