This no bake recipe for strawberry shortcake mini cheesecakes is super easy to make. Your guests will never believe this only took minutes to make.
I have never had so much fun making a recipe and repeatedly testing it in my whole life. These strawberry shortcake mini cheesecakes are absolutely addictive. You will have a hard time sharing these little beauties with your family and friends. I made oodles and still did not want to share. I’m greedy like that.
So before we get to the recipe let me tell you about a little about the connection to Staples Canada and the iPod Nano. Food bloggers have pretty cool jobs, not only do we get to cook and eat for a living but we occasionally work with companies who want our opinions on things. I’m not going to lie, it’s a perk of the job. You won’t ever get fed B.S. here, it’s just not in my nature. I tell it like it is at all times. Then cushion the blow with baked goods.
When the rep contacted me she was not sure if a food blogger would want to review an iPod Nano. I think she was pleasantly surprised I said yes. So you’re thinking why did I say yes, it’s not food. Well, for the simple fact that I’m a huge music fan. My regular readers know I mention music all the time. I blast it when I’m in the kitchen, and let’s be honest, I’m in the kitchen a lot. I spend countless hours in there. I tend to blare the music and often wonder if I annoy my neighbours. So the thought of an iPod Nano was intriguing. I can still blare it and dance around the kitchen like I always do, but I’m not annoying everyone in the house, and most of the neighbourhood while I do it. It’s a win-win situation. For everyone.
They sent me the Silver iPod Nano in December. I’ve been having a ball ever since. Or I should say a blast. I’ve been blasting and blaring since December. Nothing makes me happier than cooking while music is playing. It’s my happy place. And my happy place always has cheesecake.
So what do I love about the iPod Nano. Well I love the colour I chose, which was silver. It’s super pretty, not going to lie, I’m a total girlie girl and love shiny things. I love the size of it. I have an iPod Shuffle and for me, personally, the shuffle is a tad small. I like the size of the iPod Nano much better. I also dig the screen, it’s big enough for my old eyes to see photos. You can store music, and photos plus watch videos. I spend a fair amount of time at the barn with my daughter and our horse, particularly in the summer. Mini-me rides off into the sunset and I’m bored to tears, so this will come in super handy over the summer months. I love the portability of it, easy to slip into a pocket when I’m running out the door. It’s user-friendly with loads of fun options on it. You can even track your steps with the built-in pedometer.
What I didn’t love about it. Not much, it’s a pretty slick piece of technology. About my only complaint about it is the EarPods. It’s not even really a complaint. I have small ears and the EarPods are not overly comfortable in my tiny, mutant, small ears. Seriously, I have yet to find any earbuds that I find comfortable. They all end up popping out of my ears. It’s weird, I know. It’s something I’ve come to terms with. I have tiny, mutant small ears. What can you do. Soften the blow with more cheesecake perhaps.
So if you’re looking for a functional, slick, versatile media player this is your device. But I’m going to be honest with you again, good luck holding on to it. My family has been stealing it out from under my nose consistently since I got it. I swear I live with pirates. My stuff is everyone’s stuff. Communal property, it’s not something I dig but I love the little rascals so I forgive them.
You can find out more about winning your own iPod Nano after the recipe. So hang tight and we’ll get to it I promise. Now on with the food.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup graham crumbs
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped finely, I used my food processor
- Juice of 1 orange or 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup of confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 package of Frosting Creations Flavor Mix in Strawberry Shortcake (0.10 oz/3g)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Melt the butter. Combine the butter and graham crumbs and mix until combined.Set aside.
- Chop up your strawberries finely, I actually popped mine in my food processor with the orange juice and sugar. Then I just gave it a few pulses with the chopping blade. Worked like a charm.
- If you can allow the berries to macerate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours it helps soften them. If your oranges were mutant sized feel free to drain off a little liquid.
- Divide the strawberry portion in two batches. Set aside.
- Make sure you soften your cream cheese completely, if you don't you will end up with lumpy cheesecake. No one likes lumpy cheesecake.
- In a stand mixer combine the heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and Strawberry Shortcake Flavor Mix and whip slowly at first, then increase speed and whip until fluffy.
- Combine both mixtures in a stand mixer until smooth.
- You can transfer this to a piping bag if you like. Makes it easier to get a pretty presentation but it's not crucial. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the whipping cream and sugar. Mix on low initially, then gradually amp up speed and whip until the cream is fluffy as all good whipping cream should be. It helps if the heavy cream is super cold, and also if you pop your bowl and whisk in the fridge or freezer that will help too. The cold helps it mix beautifully.
- Press your graham crumb mixture into the bottom of your serving dishes. I always use the blunt end of a honey dripped to tamp the crumb mixture down.
- Now pour the first half of the strawberries evenly into each serving dish.
- Pipe the strawberry shortcake cheesecake mixture evenly into the serving dishes.
- Pour the second half of the strawberries over top. Leave just a little to top of each glass if you like.
- Pipe the whipping cream on top.
- Top with a few bits of strawberry.
- Place in the fridge and chill for about an hour.
- Serve with a big old music loving smile!
I know right. They are so wickedly adorable. I could not stop eating these things. Thank goodness we had tiny spoons in the house or I would have been driven to madness.
I found the Flavor Mix in the states when we were shopping one day. I’ve been having so much fun with them I can barely stand it. I know they are meant for frosting but you know me and boundaries. I love to cross them and get creative with ingredients so it was an easy leap to use them for no bake cheesecake. Wait till you see what I do next with them.
Okay so you’re all just sitting there wondering when I’m going to stop jammering and get to the giveaway. Calm down people, it’s coming.
Staples Canada sent me 1 iPod Nano (in silver, squee!) to take for a test drive. I was not compensated in any other way. I took the iPod for a test drive and have happily given my honest feedback. I don’t like the idea of running with my iPhone so this iPod Nano is what I take on the treadmill with me. That way I can listen to music but I don’t feel tethered to my phone. Some activities should be phone free and I think workouts are one of those things. So this iPod Nano goes with me in the exercise room, on walks and into the kitchen.
If you are a Canadian you likely know all about Staples Canada. It’s my go to store for all things geeky, and I mean that in the best possible way. I’m a total tech geek. I do not understand any of it so I hit Staples to help me make smart decisions. Whether it’s ink, office furniture, computers, phones or home entertainment it’s a great store to get a great price on a great product. So check them out. You will thank me.
Now for deets on the giveaway:
Open to anyone with a Canadian Shipping Address, they will only ship to Canada. Sorry my U.S. and International peeps, this one is for Canucks only.
Must be 18 years of age.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure mumbo jumbo: I was not monetarily compensated for my review. I was provided with 1 iPod Nano to use and abuse so I could give honest feedback. If you are a regular reader you know I shoot from the hip at all times. If you’re new you’ll learn quick I don’t pull punches, if I hate something, say pickles for example, I’ll tell you. It’s how I roll.
Toodles and smoochies! xx