Incredibly easy to make and perfect for parties. If you like Pink this pie is for YOU!
Welcome to Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by myself, and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. I hope you have as much fun as we did. Break out those stretchy pants and celebrate Ice Cream Week with us.
Ice Cream Week is an annual event meant to celebrate our love for ice cream treats. It kicks off today (August 18) and will continue until Saturday August 23. We have over 25 bloggers sharing recipes at least 3 days a week, many of us will be posting every day.
There will ice cream pies, ice cream cakes, ice cream sandwiches, milkshakes, floats, and even baked alaska. We’ve all gone above and beyond in our pursuit of ice cream nirvana.
We hope you will join us, and help us celebrate our love of ice cream. Not only are we sharing recipes but we’re giving away amazing prizes. One winner takes all. I wish I could enter because this giveaway is flipping amazing.
So keep reading, find out more about the event, the prizes and get the recipe for this amazing Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie.
A quick thank you to my co-host Susan, and to all our participants this year. It takes a special kind of
crazy devotion to commit to a week of ice cream recipes. So I applaud everyone involved.
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2 cups of nilla wafers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Litres (just shy of 2 quarts if you're in the U.S.) of vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 2 cups (or 16 ounces in the U.S.) of whipped cream, I made homemade but you can use store bought, divided
- 1 packet of crystal light pink lemonade (4.5 g)
- 1 to 2 cups of coconut (to taste, I like more)
- 1 to 2 drops of red food colouring.
- Crush the nilla wafers in a food processor by pulsing until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, pulse again.
- Press into a pie plate.
- In a stand mixer combine the ice cream, ½ of the whipped cream and crystal light packet. Whisk on high until well combined. If you want it to be a darker pink you can add some food colouring. Pour into the pie plate and smooth out. Place in the freezer for about 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Pull out the pie about 10 minutes before serving and top with the remaining ½ of the whipped cream. If desired top with the pink coconut.
- Pink Coconut Optional topping:
- You can make the coconut pink fairly easily. Start with a small amount of coconut on a glass bowl. Add 1 drop of food colouring and mix thoroughly, then add more coconut until you get the colour you want to achieve. Toss over top of the pie just before serving.
- Serve with a big old pretty in pink smile!
Okay now for the prizes, then be sure to scroll to the bottom for TONS of ice cream links. You are going to love every single recipe. Now check out these amazing prizes!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Whoever wins this one is going to be a very happy ice cream camper. I wish I could enter. Good luck to everyone. Keep scrolling to the bottom for the rafflecopter to enter. But first, more ice cream!
Make sure you swing by for a scoop from each of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Fleck Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
- Raspberry Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Buster Bars by The Life and Loves on Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Hezzi-d’s Books and Cooks
- “Fried” Ice Cream Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Mint Chip Ice Cream by Crumb
- S’mores Ice Cream Pie by Love and Confections
- How to Make an Ice Cream Pie at Home by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Gluten Free Sandwich Cookie Ice Cream Pie by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Fudge Topped Chocolate Ice Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Caramel Coffee Milkshake by Wishes and Dishes
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Pie by The Messy Baker
- Majarete (Dominican Corn Pudding) Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream Cake by The Gunny Sack
- Dirty Girl Scout Ice Cream by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- No Churn Low Carb Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Other Blogs participating later this week:
Special Guest for the Week is Lindsay Clendaniel of the blog, Scoop Adventures. We’re very excited to have her join us. Lindsay is the author of Scoop Adventures which is chock full of ice cream goodness.
Enter the rafflecopter to win. You can enter once (by leaving a comment) or enter often (by doing the bonus entries). Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you dig ice cream follow our Ice Cream Week Pinterest Board: Follow Kim Beaulieu | Cravings of a Lunatic’s board #IceCreamWeek on Pinterest.
Stay tuned all week for more ice cream week madness! Er, I mean recipes!
Toodles and smoochies! xx