This Easy Cheesy Pasta Bake Recipe with Sausage and Peppers is sponsored by Jimmy Dean®, all opinions are my own, as always. Easy to make, impossible to resist!
I LOVE pasta.
There, I said it. It’s out there. Now you all know my secret. Only it’s not really a secret. I admit readily that I love carbs. I’m a pasta girl. Through and through.
It’s comfort food to me. Life is chaos. Always. So when I’m having a chaotic day I love digging into a big dish of pasta. The more cheese the better. It’s who I am. I embrace cheese. Openly.
Nothing goes better with pasta than sausage and peppers. I dig sausage in pasta, the flavour is insanely amazing. It takes every pasta dish to the next level. Every bite is pure perfection.
Add roasted red peppers to that pasta and you take it from great to LIFE CHANGING. Roasted red peppers combine perfectly with sausage. This combination will change your life.
I think my regular readers know I’m completely addicted to roasted red pepper pasta. I can’t get enough of it. It’s my jam, but with noodles. I could eat it every single day. And often do.
My obsession with pasta knows no bounds. As soon as I dreamed this pasta up I headed right over to Meijer to grab a ton of Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage products.
I totally dig shopping at Meijer. No other store comes close to selection for groceries, and their service rocks. Any time we need help finding an ingredient for a dish they jump right in to help. I dig that.
We grabbed enough Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage products to last for months. I’ve been having an absolute blast playing around in the kitchen. The Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage comes in 3 fabulous flavours: Regular, Country Mild, and Hot.
They all rock. No joke. Every single flavour is amazing and perfect for different dishes. I think the Country Mild is my absolute favourite for pasta, but I like them all. The “Regular” is amazing for meatballs, and the “Hot” rocks in burgers.
So if you’re looking for tasty sausage recipes you should swing by Meijer and stock up on boatloads of Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage products like we did. You will thank me. Their products are perfect for all your sausage needs.
Now let’s dig into this Easy Cheesy Pasta Bake Recipe with Sausage and Peppers immediately. Grab a big spoon and scoop yourself a plate of this hearty and filling pasta!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 6 cups rigatoni
- 1 package of Country Mild Jimmy Dean® Sausage
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 2 jars of roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Garnish: Parsley or Cheese
- Fill a stock pot with water, bring to a boil, add salt, then drop in the noodles. Cook 1 minute less than the package directions. Drain but do NOT rinse. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet cook the sausage until juices run clear and the meat is browned.
- Toss in the diced shallots and diced roasted red peppers, cook in the pan with the sausage for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce, parmesan cheese, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil while stirring to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked pasta into a large casserole dish. Pour the sauce over top. Mix thoroughly until well combined. Add the cheese over top. Place the casserole dish in the preheated 400 degree F oven and cook for about 12 to 18 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and dig in.
- Serve with a big old cheesy, sausage loving smile!
You need this pasta in YOUR life. Now!
Love this Sausage Recipe? Swing by to check out my Smashed Sausage Burger I made for Jimmy Dean® as well. It’s delightful and delicious! Here’s a little sneak peek. Head over to the post to check it out.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. All opinions are entirely my own.