This recipe is sure to delight, and satisfy your blueberry cravings.
Before we begin I’d like to give a huge shout out to my son. He turns 26 today. I am so proud of him and lucky to be his mom. He’s an amazing man. Happy Birthday B-Dude. We’ll celebrate Lunatic style when you fly in on Monday. See you soon kiddo.
Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming!
Welcome to Day 5 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by myself and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to share some amazing ice cream recipes with you. I hope you belong to a gym. We’ll all need it by the end of the week!
Thanks to our awesome sponsors:
- Cake Boss
- Page Street Publishing
- Quarry Spoon
Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen and I have tossed in a bonus prize. We’re giving away 1 (One) Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because we think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
- One Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Be sure to visit all of today’s Ice Cream Week Participants:
- Blackberry Peach Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundaes by The Redhead Baker
- Maple Whisky Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coffee Chip No Churn Ice Cream by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Caramel Macchiato No Churn Ice Cream by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Double Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches by Crumb
- Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream by Love and Confections
- Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches by Gluten Free Crumbley
- No Churn S’mores Ice Cream by The Spiffy Cookie
- Cocoa Pebbles Ice Cream Cake by Wishes and Dishes
- Mocha Mint Milkshake by The Gunny Sack
- No Churn Low Carb Peanut Butter Coffee Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine blueberries and sugar. Toss to coat. Pour onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in the oven and cook for about 8 to 9 minutes.
Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely. Place in covered dish in the fridge until you need to mix them in the ice cream base.
Place the cream cheese in a stand mixer, whip until it's fluffy. Now in the same stand mixer combine the whole milk and sugar with the cream cheese, turn mixer on low and gradually increase speed to high, whisk until sugar dissolves.
Add the heavy cream and the vanilla extract. Whisk on low speed and gradually increase to high, continue whisking until mixture thickens.
Turn of mixer, and add blueberries, being careful not to splash them anywhere or your counter will be blue. Turn on mixer, slowly, and I'm not even remotely kidding, go slow and gradually increase speed or your backsplash will be blue. And you clothes, And anything else you spray with blueberries because you wanted to be a rebel and not listen to me.
Now take your blue splattered self over to your freezer and grab your ice cream machine bowl. It should always be in your freezer. That way it's always ready to churn. And let's backtrack for one minute, when I say always this does not mean mix the ice cream in the freezer. I mean use some sense people, obviously you take it out when churning and then put it back in. But just in case someone actually thinks that I thought I'd clarify. Moving on.
Transfer the blueberry mixture into your frozen bowl, and set that on your ice cream machine. Turn on and churn for about 10 to 15 minutes. You want it thick but still with some give. If you hear "tick tick tick" your machine is stuck because you mixed until it was too hard. Don't do that. Respect your ice cream machine man, that thing should be your best friend.
Now pop the ice cream bowl in the freezer, I cover mine with tinfoil or parchment with a rubber band around it. I'm cool like that. Kicking it old school because I freaking hate plastic wrap with a passion. Seriously, it's freaking evil. They should banish it from existence.
Okay so make sure you let it set up for about 4 hours, unless you want soft serve. If that's the case have at it immediately. Whatever floats your ice cream boat. man.
Serve with a big old blue smile! (not even kidding)
Recipe Source: Cravings of a Lunatic
I cannot even describe how good this is. You need to make this. Stat.
But please be careful so you don’t turn blue.
I warn you because I love you.
I’m good like that.
Giveaway and event have ended. Thanks to all our giveaway entrants and all our event participants.
Disclaimer: I did not receive any product for participating in this event.
Toodles and smoochies! xx