This easy stir-fry recipe combines albacore tuna, broccolini, carrots, swiss chard, shallots, and broccoli sprouts. Finish with a squeeze of lime, and drizzle of honey.
This post is sponsored by Bumble Bee Seafoods. All opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
If you’re like me you LOVE a good stir-fry. I’m completely obsessed with them. My daughter is a stir-fry fanatic so it’s something I make often. It’s so much fun coming up with new ideas and fun twists on our favorite food.
I used Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna for this recipe. We’ve been super busy lately so I wanted a recipe that was quick to make but healthy as well. Plus it needed to be finicky kid-friendly. My kids are older but one is a bit picky.
I needed a protein with a firm texture but wanted something different than our old stand-by’s. So I opted for tuna. I wanted a fresh taste that would make my stir-fry pop with flavor. This recipe delivered in a big way.
Since I had some minor health issues lately I knew I wanted a protein that was lean with healthy fat. Some of you may know I had a bit of a health scare recently. So we’ve been trying to eat healthier. Tuna is a great healthy option and super versatile.
For us, Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™. It is Non GMO Project Verified which is a good thing. It’s wild-caught and made with sea salt. All that adds up to a tuna I want in my pantry at all times. That way I can whip up delicious recipes quickly.
Some of my regular readers may know that I was recently hospitalized overnight. I’ll tell you more details about the incident in another post. For now, let’s just say you will likely see healthier recipe options on the blog from time to time.
Don’t panic, I still intend to post lots of yummy dinner recipes and over the top desserts. I just might be tossing in more stir-fries and salads from time to time. Life is all about balance. I truly believe in moderation in life, with food and everything else.
For me, life is all about making great food and spending time in the kitchen with family and friends. So I intend to keep enjoying the things I love. Cooking and eating are not only my job but my passion. I’m lucky enough to do what I love for a living.
If you love cooking as much as I do I highly recommend you make this recipe as soon as possible. It’s super easy to make. You start with fresh ingredients and Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna to build an amazing stir-fry recipe.
I started by cooking the shallots and tuna first. Then I tossed in the broccolini and swiss chard next.
The color just pops after a few minutes in the wok. This recipe is not only delicious but it’s gorgeous to boot.
I added carrots next. I used a vegetable peeler to make super thin ribbons but you could dice or chop any way you like.
Then I tossed in some broccoli sprouts. I’m obsessed with sprouts. There’s something about them that just makes me happy.
At this point, the color just jumps off the screen. Trust me, it looks this pretty in person too. Plus it’s just so darn easy to make.
I served this over basmati rice because it’s our favorite kind of rice. We also really dig jasmine.
You could also serve this with noodles. Or just eat it solo. Your choice. I just happen to love rice with my stir-fry.
No matter how you serve this be sure to include a little squeeze of lemon juice over top. It adds a little pop of flavor and really enhances the dish.
I also really recommend that you drizzle some really good quality honey over the stir-fry right before serving. That added sweetness makes this dish sing.
Try this recipe for yourself and discover why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2 cups prepared rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna (5 oz)
- 3 shallots, diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Tamari sauce (Soy or Teriyaki can be substituted)
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1 bunch swiss chard, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled or spiralized
- 1 handful broccoli sprouts (about 30 g)
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 lime, optional
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- If serving over rice or noodles prepare that first and set aside.
- In a wok, or large skillet, cook the olive oil over medium-high heat till it shimmers. Toss in the tuna and shallots. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Tamari sauce and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring to coat the tuna.
- Toss in broccolini and swiss chard, cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in carrots, cook for about 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broccoli sprouts and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and squeeze some lime juice over it, to taste. About half a lime it plenty then use the remainder for garnish if you like.
- Plate then drizzle honey over top.
- Serve with a big old tuna loving smile!
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE DINNER RECIPE BOARD!
Take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and lots of other things as well.
You should also take an extra second to follow me on Instagram. All my current recipes get shared over there so it’s a great way to stay up to date on blog recipes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bumble Bee Seafoods.