Momzie's Banana Bread is crafted with love and the finest ingredients. It's perfect for breakfast or anytime you crave a sweet snack!
I love Banana Bread. Any time I make it I feel nostalgic.
It was something my Mom made often. We loved her Banana Bread so much. So, any time I want to remember my mom, or I'm having a bad day I make it and instantly feel better.
Today marks 30 years since my Mom passed away. Every year I write about her on this day. It helps me feel better.
This year was rougher than usual. I think it was the number. 30. Simple number. Not much to think about.
Yet it struck me that 30 years was twice the number of 15, the age I was when she died. So it meant she's been gone for twice the amount of time I had her for.
I'm not sure why that fact hit me hard, but it did. Some years are harder than others. This was one of them.
However, I'm rational enough not to let any of this consume me. I'm generally a happy-go-lucky type of person. I spend an enormous amount of time each day laughing and joking. That's who I am at the core.
Yet one day a year I allow myself the gift of being in a bad mood without feeling guilty about it. I'm a little quieter today, quicker to get annoyed or angry.
So, I tend to avoid people so I don't unload my issues on them. My family knows I'm okay each year, that I just need some space and quiet. I'm not a demonstrative type of person so a hug won't help me. They know and understand, which I appreciate.
Today I made some of my Mom's favourite foods, I thought about her a lot, and I missed her like I do every day.
Each year I write about her to honour her, and let people know what an amazing Mom I had. I find sharing my story helps me, and maybe it's helps some others at the same time.
Sharing her recipe with you feels like I get to share a small piece of my childhood with you all. There are so many happy memories and bright spots. Mom's Banana Bread was a definite bright spot.
Thanks for spending some time with me today. It's such a cool thing to share my passion with others.
The added bonus is being able to share bits of my life with you. Thanks for listening.
More Bread Recipes:
- Apple Rosemary Focaccia
- Banana Coconut Sweet Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread with Walnuts
- One Hour Bread
- Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- Chocolate Bread
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use non-stick spray or oil, and prep a loaf pan. Set aside.
- Combine your flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. Sift it once.
- In a stand mixer (or bowl with hand mixer, or even by hand, whatever you have to work with!) beat the shortening and sugar together until combined. Add the eggs, beat until fluffy.
- Now add your dry ingredients and mashed bananas alternately, mix well. Pour into your greased loaf pan. Smooth the top and place on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes. You want the top browned. You can insert a toothpick in the middle to check, if it comes out clean your banana bread is perfect.
- Allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Then invert pan to remove the loaf. Allow to cool completely on a baking rack.
- Serve with a big old banana loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!