A healthy and delicious cauliflower base pizza topped with goat cheese and peppers.
Notice anything different?
Yes Kim made something healthy which is wicked different. But that's not it.
Okay the design is new. It's not quite done yet. Still tweaking a few this and that's. But I'm totally digging it thus far. Kita is a genius. I love her more than turtles.
But let's forget about the design for now as there will be more on that another day.
For now let me turn your attention to....Skinny Cauliflower Pizza with Peppers!
Yes they are adorable.
Yes they are healthy.
Yes I actually ate one.
And did not spontaneously combust...
Progress people. That's progress.
Okay I kid. I've made cauliflower pizza before. I made a beautiful Roasted Cauliflower Pizza with Baby Arugula and Roasted Garlic. It was spectacular. I've also made Wild Rice Pizza before. It was equally spectacular. I would give you better adjectives but I was up all night with a sick puppy. I've had 3 hours sleep and have worked a 16 hour day so far. So my brain is mush. I'd call it spectacularly mushy but at this point I'm not even sure if I should be using adjectives, verbs or nouns without some kind of parental guidance or something. I'm not even sure I know what adjectives, verbs and nouns are right now.
But I know pizza.
And this one is spectacular!
For the base:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 oz of goat cheese
- 1 egg
For the top:
- 8 tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 4 oz of goat cheese
- ½ green pepper chopped
- ½ red pepper chopped
For the base:
- Cook your cauliflower until it's soft. Mine was gigantic so it took about 10 minutes in the microwave. I added a bit of water to keep it from drying out. 10 minutes seems excessive so my cauliflower was probably not quite ready to plucked yet. Use discretion. You can also roast the cauliflower first, it adds a nice flavour profile.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, remove it and mash it up with a fork.
- Add the goat cheese and egg and whip it up a bit with a mixer or through a ricer.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet divide the mixture into 4 tiny pizza bases.
- It helps to use a couple of spoons to flatten it out then you kind of drag the spoon and shape the edges. Sounds complicated but it's super easy.
For the top:
- Use 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce per mini pizza. (you can totally use 1 if you are looking to keep calories down)
- Smooth out the sauce.
- Add your crumbled goat cheese over top.
- Add your chopped peppers on top.
- Pop it in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove carefully.
- Serve with a big old skinny butt smile!
If your cauliflower is too wet you can use paper towels to wring out the excess moisture. Do not wring out too much or you might end up with the crust falling apart. You should be able to use a spatula to remove and it stays together. Every cauliflower is a bit different in size and crunch so you have to make a judgement call on how dry or wet you want it. I like mine to be sticky but not dripping if that makes sense to you. I used a base recipe from Linda Wagner since I've used it before and loved it. The Detoxinista's recipe is fabulous as well. Both blogs have great pizza base recipes as well as lots of other healthy options for you. You should check them out.
Make sure you stop by the Sunday Supper crew's blogs to check out all these skinny options. It's a dream come true for anybody watching their waistline or living a clean lifestyle. I aspire to, and then I fall off the wagon on occasion. Luckily I have friends like these who throw my wide bottom back on the wagon and make me realize eating krispies every day is not the way to keep the waistline trim. I love the Sunday Supper crew. They really are the most amazing, supportive bunch of folks you will ever meet. So show them some love and pop by to say hello!
Sizzling Skinny Appetizers & Soups
- Napa Cabbage wrapped Chinese Spring Rolls by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- #DairyFree Cream of Broccoli Soup by Galactosemia in PDX
- Easy Vegan Lentil Soup by NeighborFood
- Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Tomato Basil Soup by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Skinny Beef Chili by Webicurean
Healthy Skinny Mains & Sides
- Chicken with Herb Tomatoes and Pan Sauce by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Apples and Walnuts by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Salad Wraps by MamaMommyMom
- Mashed Cauliflower by Supper for a Steal
- Lamb Florentine Burger with Tzatziki by Country Girl in the Village
- Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps by The Daily Dish Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad by Family Foodie
- Parchment-Poached Salmon by Simply Gourmet
- Maddy’s Arugula Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Light chicken enchiladas by My Cute Bride
- Pear Almond Arugula Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pasta Primavera by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cauliflower Fried Rice by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ahi Tuna Salad by The Urban Mrs
- Soba Noodles with Edamame and Green Onions by Hip Foodie Mom
- Scallops Hong Kong Style by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Polynesian Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Herb Roasted Salmon with Steamed Cabbage & Peas by The Lovely Pantry
- Turkey and Black Bean Taco Burgers by In The Kitchen With K P
- Salmon Tikka Wraps with Cucumber Raita by Soni’s Food
- Whole wheat pasta with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs by I Run For Wine
- Chipotle Black Bean Burgers with Baked Garlic Home Fries by Curious Cuisiniere
- The Ninja Baker’s Sake & Miso Salmon by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers with Parsnip Fries by Gourmet Drizzles
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots by Mangoes and Chutney
- Italian Sub Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Swiss Chard and Quinoa Croquettes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Broccoli Patties with Arugula and Champagne Vinaigrette by Sustainable Dad
- Raw Kale Salad with Chickpeas and Salmon in Orange Dressing by Shockingly Delicious
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwich by Damn Delicious
- Confetti Cabbage and Salmon Wraps by The Roxx Box
- Escarole and Beans by Midlife Roadtrip
- Cajun Black Beans by Ruffles and Truffles
- Caprese salad by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Skinny Wholegrain Fettuccine Alfredo with Greek Yogurt & Coconut Oil by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Guilt Free Skinny Desserts & Snacks
- Chocolate Avocado Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Tiramisu Parfaits by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sugar Free Banana Almond Muffins by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coconut Cinnamon Buns by Juanita’s Cocina
- Warm Apple Crumble by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Dark Chocolate-Dipped Apricots by girlichef
- Homemade Protein Bar Recipe by Masala Herb
- Skinny Chocolate Almond Pudding by Basic N Delicious
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Skinny Sunday Supper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Later this week I'll give you the guided tour of the new design. Still a few things to be implemented before I do that. For now just enjoy a nice healthy pizza.
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more healthy recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more pizza recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
Such a great idea! I'm trying to lower my carb intake but I love pizza. This is a great way to have the best of both worlds!
Thanks. Hope you get to try it and love it.
The Mom Chef ~ Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time
I recognized Kita fingerprints right away. Yes, she is awesome. I love the pizza too. I'm a huge cauliflower fan and would probably undo all the health benefits by eating way too many of the little guys. They look awesome.
She is amazing. Really happy with the design.
Lol, that the down side to these. So good you just end up eating more.
Shelby | Diabetic Foodie
Yum! I love goat cheese, but would never have thought to pair it with cauliflower. New design is great. Thanks for reminding me I need to redo my site! (The deadline I set for myself was Jan. 31st. Ooops.) Go take a Sunday afternoon nap!
Thanks Shelby. Look forward to seeing yours when you do it.
You had me at goat cheese. Yum.
Kate | Food Babbles
Aww, hope everything is alright with your pup 🙁 This pizza sounds divine! I love roasted cauliflower so I know this is win
Thanks Kate. She is all better thankfully. I can hear her tearing apart my new area rug right now. Lol!
Love the new design and can't wait to see the progress. Love this pizza. I've been obsessed with cauliflower lately! 🙂
Thanks so much. I love cauliflower. I tend to prefer it roasted though. This one was good but usually I roast the cauliflower first and it makes such a difference.
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
I haven't had luck with cauliflower crust pizza, but you said the magic words - GOAT CHEESE! I have to try this version!
Thanks Brianne. Let me know what you think of it. I think the cheese is what crisps it up and sticks everything together.
I don't know why I have been putting off making a cauliflower crust. With all of the complaining I do about missing real pizza, I should just shut up and make one. Yours looks divine, dahling. I hope puppy is better and that you are sleeping as I write this!
You must try Kristen. It's a great way to get pizza to be GF. Get in your kitchen and make it woman!!
Puppy all better. Thankfully.
Emily @ Life on Food
This is probably the only way I would eat cauliflower. My husband loves it but my parents don't. I was scarred for life when I was little.
Oooh....I've been waiting for a sneak peak at your new look!!! Gorgeous!!!!
I would love this pizza...but don't know if I could convince Bill...LOL...though, he now will actually put cauliflower in his mouth if I roast it! Hope your sweet pup is better today.
PS...you going to FBF? Sooooo hoping I get in!!! xx
Thanks. I am having trouble getting ads to show. And the subscribe bar is not playing nice, lol. But home stretch. Kita knocked it out of the park. I really love the colour.
I love roasted cauliflower and honestly I prefer doing the crust with roasted cauliflower over plain. It's sweeter which I love.
Puppy is all better. Yah!
I am going to try. I actually revised travel plans for Friday so I can be home at 2. I was suppose to be on the road to Toronto so we'll be leaving after I get registered. Sending you an email once I get a free minute. I am so excited. Are you bringing the kids and hubby? Hubs can't some but I think the kids and boytoy are.
Toying around with Bill and Katie coming...now with Bill's dad facing chemo, he may not be able to commit. Katie's always up for a trip 🙂 I'm taking my ipad to my 1:45 appt on Friday so I can register...it will be so, so fun to see you again...hoping I can meet Ann, too!!!!
I'm bummed hubs isn't coming but what can you do. I'll know as soon as B-Dude arrives whether he's going to come. If so I'm bringing 3 kiddos, mini-me & boytoy & B so they could use a 4th to ride with if Katie is game. I think her and the kids are similar ages. Mini-me & boytoy are 19 and B is 24.
That is so sad about Bill's dad. If you ever want to talk let me know. I went through it with my dad. He had lung cancer in 2007 and I took care of him just shy of a year. It's hard on them and the people around them. The cancer centres are amazing though. The folks in the waiting room will be the biggest support system you can have. They all get it and it becomes a community. I learned so much from all of the people there going through it or supporting someone going through it. The volunteers are also amazing. Those people are just angels on earth.
Bill's dad got bad news today...only 5-6 months left 🙁 Thanks so much for your support...I'm sure I'll be pestering you on ways to help. I made them tons of soup for their freezer over the weekend when we visited...not much else I could do besides listen and distract. xx
Awe Liz I am SO sorry. Dad could not tolerate chemo so had to stop after 2 rounds. Almost killed him. Once he made the decision to stop they gave him 3 months. They can help with meds to try to keep them as comfortable as possible. We kept Dad at home. Was hard but I know he wanted that. I am here to listen at any moment. I'll shoot you my home number in an email. I think you have the cell but that would get roaming whereas the house does not. The joys of being Canadian. Just be there and do the best you can to spend time with him. That's all anyone wants really. Also hospice is vital. I would not have gotten through emotionally without them. And the cancer centres offer counselling, it saved me from literally killing his doctor once. They dragged me down there when I went a little loopy after he verbally bashed my Dad. I was not a happy daughter and by day's end the doctor was on suspension. And I was under "guidance". It was not funny at the time but now I look back on it and laugh how nuts I must have seemed.
Call or email any time. It's a rough road but if you just give into it it's something that will change you forever. Lots of ups and downs, not going to lie. But man it's strips away all the B.S. of life fast.
Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family
I love the healthy version of pizza...of course since it's pizza it has to be good (as it came from your kitchen).
The only crust variation I have ever tried is chickpea flour crust...very good and very filling.
I am digging the new design! I hope you had a great weekend Kim!
Awe you are so sweet. Thank you so much.
I have yet to try chickpea. They sort of freak me out. I have no idea why. It's a weird quirk.
Thanks. I love it. It's very me.
Helene Dsouza I Masala Herb
yeah the design is coming up great Kim, love it and it mirrors your fun personality so well. =)
Cauliflower as a pizza topping, thats brilliant Kim. I ought to give it a try soon.
Thanks Helene. I really love the colours. It's a lot of what's in my house. So it's fun.
You must try. It's so good.
Love your new look and this awesome recipe!Love the idea of cauliflower base for a pizza!Healthy and so flavorful 🙂
Thanks so much Soni. Glad you like the look and the pizza.
OMG Kim you are so funny!! lol I need to make this!! I dont have a microwave hahaha...so maybe I'll just steam and mash it instead right??
Thanks Samantha. You can totally steam it, that's basically all the microwave does. Or roast it. I' love the roasted version a bit better. A little sweeter. But you could totally steam and mash. I tried using my rice but it was not cooperating at all.
I've seen this around but I love the goat cheese idea! I'm such a fan of it
Thanks Sarah. It is a great way to do healthy pizza. Especially if you have GF friends.
Martin D. Redmond
I've been waiting to see how this turned out Kim....it looks great! I'll have to try this!
Thanks so much Martin. I'm excited to see what it would be paired with. Stopping by soon.
Laura | Small Wallet, Big Appetite
First of all I love the redesign. I am determined that cauliflower pizza will work for me. I have attempted it twice now and it didn't turn out. I like the idea of doing mini pizzas as the big issues I had with them in the past was not cooking right. I will give this a try
It should really help. Make them thin and small so they get crispy and don't stay overly moist. It's such a fine balance between making them too wet or too dry. I like to wring out some moisture then the cheese helps keep it together and helps crisp them. The odd time they come out too wet and it stinks. If they do I slide them back in but on the lowest rack for a few minutes. Then just tent foil over the top so the cheese doesn't burn.
Thanks, I love the colours. Hopefully I can do a welcome to the new design post later this week. Still tweaking some things.
Squeeeee!!!!!!! I love the new look!!! It's super cute, just like those pizzas! I get so excited when you make recipes that I can actually eat! I know I owe you an email, it's coming I promise! Hope you have a great week with B, XOXO
Nancy @ gottagetbaked
Sorry to hear about your killer long day, Kim! Even running on a lack of sleep and lots of stress, you still wrote a kick ass post. And I'm stunned at how amazing this pizza is - you can actually make a healthy, tasty pizza?! Who knew?! Apparently you did and now I do too. I can't wait to try this, as well as your wild rice pizza. Yum!
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom
Love the new blog design!!! and love this pizza! very inventive! and I love your writing style- you are hilarious! Love it! 🙂