Okay, okay so I already posted brownies today. Today you get a two for one special.
Because it’s Pie Day!
Yup, you heard me.
People are celebrating today by attending Pie Party 2012.
There’s still time folks. Bake a pie, post a pic on a blog, or twitter or facebook. Then celebrate till you need to undo the top the bottom of your pants. Now that’s a party!
Cookie Crisp Ice Box Pie for Pie Day
For the Crust:
- 2 cups Oreo Crumbs
- 4-5 tablespoons butter melted
For the Filling:
For the Topping:
- ½ tub of Cool Whip 1L size
- ¾ cup of Cookie Crisp cereal
- Spray a pie plate with non stick spray.
- In a bowl combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter. Stir until combined. Press into your pie plate. Baking the crust is optional. If you do just pop it in a 350 degree oven for about 5 to 8 minutes. But if you want this to be completely no bake don’t bother. It will still set up nice in the freezer.
- Now in a mixer combine the vanilla pudding crystals, the milk, and the vanilla and whip until thick.
- Now add the cool whip and whip again.
- Now add the crushed cookies and chocolate chips. Fold them in with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate and set in freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove and pour the remaining cool whip over top.
- Place cookies on top.
- Freeze for at least a couple of hours.
- Remove and serve with a big old childish smile!
I know right. I have a serious thing for baking with cereal. Especially for a chick who doesn’t eat cereal. It’s just so much fun. How can you go wrong with a great no bake cereal pie. It’s pure magic.
I apologize the photos are sort of lackluster. I joined in the fun sort of last-minute and basically dreamed it up today, then whipped it up and photographed it. Sort of rushed through the process this time. But hey, it’s pie and who cares about photos when you’re shoving pie in your pie hole right.
For other cereal madness feel free to click on the photos below to get the recipe for any of my other cereal goodies. I swear it’s like a sickness at this point. I am constantly trying to come up with idea to use cereal. I need help. Or a cereal sponsor. Whatevs!
Yup, like I said, it’s a sickness. I have a serious love of baking with cereal. Hope you enjoy the pie and all the other treats. Make sure you bop around the internet to see other great pie recipes. You should stop by and share your pie with everyone at Pie Party 2012. Make sure to thank Garrett McCord, Justin Swartz, Shauna Ahern and Ashley Baron Rodriguez for hosting.
Toodles and smoochies! xx