A simple recipe for Cookie Dough Ice Cream that lets you cheat a little bit. Or a lot. This is a recipe anyone can make. Mostly because of all the cheating. Hope you get to make this! Then you can cheat on your diet just like you cheated on the recipe!
Welcome to #IceCreamWeek! Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina have teamed up with more than 20 of their blog friends to bring you a week full of ice cream treats, including a special ice cream giveaway! Prepare to have your taste buds tempted with some of the best ice cream treats around! Make sure you enter the giveaway for a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and two fabulous ice cream cookbooks so that you can join in on the ice cream fun!
These little gems are so insanely good you're going to want to slap your gramma.
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches #IceCreamWeek
- In a stand mixer combine the whole milk and sugar. Whisk on high speed until sugar dissolves. (always start slow so you don't splash liquid all over the place)
- Add vanilla. Give it a quick whir.
- Add the heavy cream and salt to the mixer. Whisk until it becomes fluffy and almost whipped cream in texture.
- Cover the bowl and pop in the fridge for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Remove and transfer to an ice cream maker.
- Turn on and churn for about 10 minutes, just until it starts to thicken and harden a bit.
- Now toss in the broken bits of cookie dough. Keep whisking until they mix into the ice cream.
- Stop the machine and remove the bowl. Cover and pop in the freezer until ready for it. I find it takes about 2 to 4 hours to harden.
- If you want to make it easier to form the ice cream sandwiches you can forgo freezing it in the machine. Instead pop it in a shallow 9 x 13 inch casserole dish lined with parchment. Smooth it out and pop in the freezer overnight.
- Now when you take it out you can cut the ice cream with a biscuit cutter or a glass that's the same size of the cookies you're using.
- Cut your ice cream and place it between two cookies. Press together.
- Eat right away or wrap in plastic wrap till you need them.
- Serve with a big old cookie dough smile!
If you’d like to check out today’s #IceCreamWeek recipes, drool over the blogs below:
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream by Juanita's Cocina
- Cupcake Milkshakes by Cook the Story
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches by Food Babbles
- White Chocolate Copycat Ice Cream by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Manischewitz Ice Cream by What Jew Wanna Eat
- Blue Moo Cookie Dough Ice Cream by The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Crunch Ice Cream by girlichef
Aren't these adorable ice cream sandwiches? I had fun with this one. I mean who doesn't love cookie dough. I may have eaten half the package before it went into the ice cream so you may want to adjust the amount you use since my measurement on that one may be off a bit.
Cookie dough in ice cream=wee bits!
Cookie dough in Kim's belly=whole bunch!
I was suppose to make homemade cookies but it's summer, it's hot in the house most days so turning on the oven just isn't appealing. Once it cools down a bit I want to tweak these and use homemade cookies. For now they are cheater ice cream sandwiches and I'm totally cool with that.
I hope you continue to join us each day during Ice Cream Week. We have a giveaway happening now for a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and some Ice Cream Cookbooks so make sure you stop by to enter.
Toodles and smoochies! xx
Chocolate, Chocolate and More