This Creamy Cashew Chicken recipe is quick, easy and sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Whip this up for lunch or dinner tonight!
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to whip up easy stir fry recipes. I cannot get enough of them. Any time I can pull out my wok I'm a happy camper.
In fact we're such huge fans we have 3 woks. I have one that is my personal favourite. Mini-me has one that is her personal favourite. Plus we have a back up wok, because you never know when you might need a back up wok right.
Okay, I realize how ridiculous that sounds. Who needs 3 woks? Probably the same girl who has 4 sets of hand-made stir fry bowls.
Apparently, my obsession covers all things stir fry related. We have a few dozen sets of chopsticks as well. I think an intervention is in order quite frankly.
The thing I love about stir fries is how versatile they are. You can use whatever you have on hand. I find it an amazing way to use up vegetables. I always have lots of vegetables in the house, so I just grab whatever is handy that day.
Mini-me is partial to steak stir fry. She really loves hers over noodles, not rice. The rest of us tend to love rice though.
So, I usually whip up both noodles and rice so people can just grab whatever they like. It just makes it easy and gives options.
For me, I am partial to Basmati rice. If I happen to run out then I'll use Jasmine rice instead. For some reason my tummy really doesn't dig brown rice. So, I generally opt for white.
One thing I love tossing in stir fries is nuts. It adds some crunch which we all love. Having that extra texture makes for an interesting bite every time.
I hope you love this creamy cashew chicken as much as we did!
More Healthy Dinner Recipes:
- Roasted Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Pasta
- Lightened Up Enchiladas
- Easy Steak and Peppers
- Pistachio Crusted Baked Cod
- Teriyaki Sockeye Salmon Bowls
- Sesame Chicken
- Greek Chicken Power Bowls
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry with Lemon
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Creamy Cashew Chicken
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken cut into small, uniform pieces
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup red pepper chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup cashew or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon corn starch potato starch works too
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add both oils to a large wok, bring heat to a medium-high and allow the oils to start to shimmer. Now add the chicken carefully. Since the pan is hot the oil sizzles and can spit at you a bit. Sorry, only way to describe it. Here's hoping you don't get spit at. Use caution to avoid it.
- Cook the chicken until it's no longer pink, this should only take a few minutes at high heat, likely about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Toss in the cashews, cook for about 2 minutes, stirring to keep them from cooking too much on any one side.
- Add the red pepper, stir around for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, stir around for one minute.
- Now toss in the hoisin sauce, cashew or almond milk, and corn starch (be sure to make a slurry with a bit of Silk and corn starch in a mason jar, shake then add to the liquid so you avoid lumps) into the pan. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- You can serve this with rice or noodles.
- Serve with a big old cashew loving mile!
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more dinner recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more healthy recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.