These Easy Pop Tarts with Nutella Ganache are quick and fun to make for breakfast or a snack. Whip up a batch today!
Easy Pop Tarts with Nutella Ganache filled with chocolate and caramel, then topped with Nutella ganache and sprinkles. They are a super fun treat to indulge in on weekends and holidays.
I'm sure by now everyone knows I have a serious love of all things chocolate. I happen to be the Chocolate Fanatic over at the website, Food Fanatic. Not going to lie, it's the perfect gig for a gal like me.
You can see the recipe for these Easy Pop Tarts with Nutella Ganache over at Food Fanatic, or here on ze olde blog. Whatever works for you!
I went on a Homemade Pop Tart making bender last month. Honestly, I was making pop tarts and hand pies left and right. I made some really cool Easy Semi-Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts that were a total hit.
Pop tarts are the breakfast of champions. That includes these pop tarts with Nutella ganache. They are for champions too. Champions eat chocolate. Every. Dang. Day.
All. Day. Long.
- refrigerated pie dough
- Caramilk chocolate bars
- shredded coconut
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie rounds and cut rectangle shapes.
- Place half the dough pieces on the parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Add pieces of chocolate bar to each, as well as shredded coconut if you wish.
- Whisk water and egg together for an egg wash and brush over the edge of the pie bottoms.
- Add a top dough piece to each one. Press edges down with fingers.
- Next, use a fork to press down all the edges. Trim edges.
- Poke holes in top of pop tarts.
- Then, rush the tops with remaining egg wash.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the topping, scoop Nutella into a bowl, set aside.
- In a saucepan warm the heavy cream over medium heat. Let it come to a boil and then quickly remove it from heat and pour over the Nutella in the bowl. Whisk until it thickens.
- Next, allow the ganache to cool slightly then spread it over the cooked pop tarts.
- Lastly, toss the sprinkles over top.
- Serve or store!
Other breakfast recipes
- Cookie Butter Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Breakfast Toast: 4 Ways
- Strawberry and Banana Yogurt Parfaits
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Banana Split Waffles
- Potato and Bacon Hash
More hand pie recipes
- Easy Semi Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts
- Toasted Coconut and Cherry Hand Pies
- Turtles Hand Pies
- Pink Lemonade Hand Pies
- S'mores Hand Pies
- Apple Hand Pies
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more breakfast recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more snack recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
These look incredible, definitely way better than the store bought kind! I'm in the process of updating old pics too, I do one recipe a week so it's not overwhelming 🙂
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine
O these are so fun!!! I've always wanted to make my own since I need them allergy-free!
These poptarts look fantastic! I would totally eat too many!
Monique @ Ambitious Kitchen
THAT TOPPING THOUGH. I'm in love.
Erin @ Texanerin Baking
The pictures on the cookie pizza aren't that bad! It was 2011. Everyones' pictures looked like that in 2011. 😀 And these pop tarts look awesome! LOVE the Nutella ganache. It's hard to go wrong with Nutella.
Lauren Kelly Nutrition
You are right, that nutella ganache really is gorgeous! And yes, always sprinkles! My kids would love these 🙂
Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes
Anything with chocolate and I'm in! Love the homemade poptarts - that's one thing I've always wanted to try.
The Food Hunter
I wish they had nutella pop tarts when I was a kid!
I am truly afraid of how many of these I could eat. They look SO good!
Julie @ Texan New Yorker
OMG, I love homemade pop tarts!! I can't even believe the difference between store bought and homemade, it's ridiculous! And then you add Nutella... Oh my... So awesome!
Martha @ A Family Feast
Oh my gosh - Nutella Pop Tarts?!? Pure heaven!
Angie | Big Bear's Wife
We use to eat pop tarts all the time when I was growing up. I love these homemade ones with the nutella on top! I've been going back and re-doing a lot of my photos too but I need to work on doing even more!
Paula - bell'alimento
Oh mer gawsh oh mer gawsh Nutella Ganache! Gimme ; ) Please ; )
Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
I like the way you think - chocolate and the bright side are two things everybody needs in their life. Plus, I'm the biggest sucker for Poptarts (and handpies). I have so much that I need to back and update from years ago, too. Every once in a while I tackle something, but I really need to devote more time to it.
Renee - Kudos Kitchen
These look freakin amazing. Pie crust, Nutella ganache, coconut and sprinkles? I'm on a sugar high just thinking about these. Such a fantastic looking treat that's easy to make too.
SOOOOOOOOOO much delicious Nutella. These pop tarts are the perfect way to start the day...or end the day 🙂
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
KIM! these are sooooo much better than any poptart I've ever seen....ever! Caramilk filled and NUTELLA GANACHE TOPPED??! yumyumyumyumyummmmmm