Grilled Fajita Hot Dogs topped with bell peppers and onions. This recipe is incredibly easy to make, yet bursting with flavour. Be a legend at your grill this summer!
Click here to PIN these Fajita Hot Dogs!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Grilling season is upon us. I love grilling and right now I want to grill ALL the things. There is something about being outside playing with fire that just makes me intensely happy.
Hot dogs are my daughter's favourite summer indulgence. She absolutely loves them cooked on the grill. The girl could eat her weight in hot dogs. Not even joking. She loves them that much.
Not long ago I whipped up some Mexican Hot Dogs for Ball Park®. They were seriously yummy and an absolute hit with everyone who tried them. Including me, and I'm a picky eater.
Now I'm back with a fun twist on the Tex-Mex Hot Dog from the Legendary Grilling Recipes. I swung by Walmart to pick up some Ball Park® Bun Size Beef Hot Dogs, and other supplies.
We hit up Walmart every time we need grilling supplies. You can grab your groceries and everything else you need to fire up your grill. I even bought one of our grills at Walmart.
Grill these in your backyard, or while you're camping, or bring them to your next picnic. Just make them. Your friends and family will thank you. Nothing beats a great hot dog. Trust me.
Ball Park® and Walmart would like to encourage all you lovely grillers out there to be a legend at your grill this summer. Get outside, fire up that grill and whip up some hot dogs.
More great grilling recipes from around the web:
Mexican Hot Dogs from Cravings of a Lunatic
Bacon Wrapped Chili Dogs from Kiss My Smoke
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Hot Dogs from Simply Recipes
Chicago Hot Dogs by Leite's Culinaria
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs from Foodie with Family
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Fajita Hot Dogs
- 1 Vidalia onion sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper sliced thinly
- 1 orange pepper sliced thinly
- 1 yellow pepper sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper sliced thinly
- 1 package Ball Park Franks
- 1 package hot dog buns
- Preheat the grill to medium heat on one side, and low heat on the other side.
- Place onions and peppers on medium heat side of the grill and cook until soft and slightly charred. Move over to the low side. You can do them two different ways. You can grill them whole, then cut them up after they're cooked. Or you can place them on a rimmed cookie sheet with a bit of olive oil over top of them to control the heat better. This also allows you to cut up all the vegetables ahead of time and cook them all on one pan. I prefer the rimmed cookie sheet pan personally. That way I save time when I'm ready to load up my dogs.
- Place hot dogs on the medium heat side of the grill. Cook until cooked through, rotating when necessary. Cook for about 8 to 12 minutes, depending on your grill. Move each to the low side as they finish.
- Transfer everything to a platter and take inside, or place on picnic table. Slide the hot dogs on the buns, then top with onions and peppers.
- Serve with a big old Fajita Dog loving smile!
You can find more grilling recipes in my recipe index. Or hit my grill blog, it's called Kiss My Smoke. You can also find more summer recipes right here on the blog too.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram to keep up with all the latest and greatest recipes that hit the blog. Every new blog post gets shared to both social media sites.
What a good looking hot dog! I love all the veggies and the colors.
Jovita @ Yummy Addiction
I LOVE bell peppers so these hot dogs are right up my alley! They look gorgeous!
It's been ages since I've grilled hot dogs. I mean years! What's wrong with me? I gotta try this, though -- brilliant topping. Thanks!
OMG! These hotdogs look incredible! What a clever idea! I can't wait to make these on my grill.
sue | theviewfromgreatisland
Sharing these today, love the idea, love the photos, love everything about them!
I love the addition of the peppers!! It gives to these hot dogs the perfect sweetness and crunchiness.
So much fun, love the pics!
Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy
Fajita hot dogs?! Genius!
oh my word!! I think these are the ultimate hot dog!! PERFECT!!
I will take two!
Best looking hot dogs ever!
Yes; I want a bite! In fact, I want a whole one just for myself! These look delish! Pinning for later...
Okay, I have tried banana peppers on hot dogs and love that, so I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday! Have a great weekend!
It looks delicious and yummy. I love to try this recipe for my family.
What a great way to update a hotdog! These are going on my next tailgating menu!
Thanks so much Lisa. Hope you love them!
Move over ketchup and mustard! This fajita topping is killer!! My new favorite way to eat hot dogs.
Ha, thanks Liz. I'm a sucker for piling peppers on everything.
I love that you came up with a fresh new way to serve hot dogs. Looks so yummy! Also, a little off topic, but can I just tell you that I love your logo. So cute!! I'm a graphic designer so I really appreciate a good logo when I see one. xo
Thanks so much Lisa.
Shay Bocks did the logo for me years ago. I love it too but was considering something smaller in the next year.
My new favorite way to eat hot dogs! Brilliant!!