These Franken Berry Krispies are perfect for kids and adults. Whip up these Monster Cereal Treats for Halloween!
Halloween would not be complete without Franken Berry Krispies and lots of monster cereal treats! They are super cute, tasty and spooktacular! Happy Halloween!
I thought a little last minute Halloween recipe was in order. So, I whipped up some super easy, tasty cereal treats for you.
But then I ate them all.
Happy Halloween though!
Don’t fret, I’ll give you the recipe so you can whip these little cuties up all by your little old self.
Seriously man, these things are too cute for words. I really hope you have some Franken Berry cereal in your pantry. If not, I suggest you run out and get some right now.
Like RIGHT now.
Don’t wait. It’s cool if you go to the store in your jammies. In fact, people love that. While you’re there snap a pic of yourself buying Franken Berry cereal in your jammies and send it to me. I promise I will not publish it on my FB wall.
*crosses fingers behind her back*
It’s totally worth a little humiliation to get some of these bad boys!
Did y’all decorate your houses for Halloween? I never got around to it this year. Not even sure if we’re handing out candy at this point. I may just hide in the kitchen with these and ignore Halloween this year.
It’s totally socially acceptable to sit on your kitchen floor on Halloween night with the lights off and eat these. Not creepy or weird at all.
P.S. if you do that you could send me that photo too. Just between you and me. I pinky swear I won’t share it with my readers.
*crosses fingers behind back again*
Tips for making Franken Berry Krispies:
- You can use more or less marshmallows depending on taste. This isn’t rocket science. It’s Krispies, people!
- Also, you can use more or less cereal. Again, this is not rocket science. Do it to your own taste.
- Krispies are best eaten the day they are made. That being said, they can be eaten for a couple of days after you make them.
- To clarify, all microwaves are different so adjust time according to your own. Also, keep one eyeball on it at all times so you don’t explode your marshmallows!
- Grease your pan really well so krispies can be removed easily. You can also use foil and grease that.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- They can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- I highly recommend storing krispies with waxed or parchment paper in between layers to prevent sticking.
More Krispie Treats Recipes
- Trix Krispies
- Cocoa Pebbles Krispies
- Peanut Butter Krispies
- Strawberry Krispies with Pink Frosting
- Fruity Pebbles Krispies
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Franken Berry Krispies
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan really well with non stick spray. If you don't have non stick spray use butter or shortening and wipe it on the inside the pan. Don't spray the outside of the pan. Please tell me y'all have not done that. Are there people out there who have? Okay now I want to know if there's anyone who has actually done that without realizing how silly it was. Moving on.
- Set that pan aside, you're going to want it ready to rock n roll before making the krispies.
- In a large saucepan, or pot, melt your butter over a low-ish heat. Toss in the marshmallows. Stir constantly till the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Now take it off the heat.
- Add your snazzy Franken Berry cereal. Stir like mad.
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed well with non stick spray. One trick to press them down really well is to spray the back of a metal spoon with non stick spray then use that to press the krispies down. I've even been known to spray my hands to get the krispies pressed down well. You do what you gotta do man!
- Let them stand for like 15 to 30 minutes. Also, good luck with that step.
- Cut into squares.
- Shove them in your pie hole. At rapid speed.
- You can also do this sans stove. Just microwave the marshmallows. First rule of the microwaving is we don't talk about microwaving. Okay, that's just stupid unless it's in fight club. First rule of microwaving is make sure you have a giant sized bowl for marshmallows. They expand like my waistline when I eat too many krispie treats. So go big or go home. I vote go big.
- To microwave them do the same prep with the 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.
- In a giant microwave safe bowl add butter and marshmallows. Microwave it for 2 minutes, stir, then microwave it for another minute or so. Stir.
- Add the Franken Berry cereal and mix quickly.
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed well with non stick spray. One trick to press them down really well is to spray the back of a metal spoon with non stick spray then use that to press the krispies down. I've even been known to spray my hands to get the krispies pressed down well.
- Let them stand for like 15 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve with a big old sticky, spooky smile!
Thanks for visiting today!