S'mores Christmas Crack Bars are super easy to make. Layers of deliciousness make every bite magical. This one has chocolate graham crackers, caramel, marshmallow and chocolate. Every bite is perfection!
Welcome to Day 5 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started was something I started way back in 2012. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event.
Okay, okay, I'm totally addicted to crack bars at this point. I cannot help myself. I'm on a toffee bar making rampage. I made Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack, then Pistachio Roca. Now these S'mores Christmas Crack Bars. I'd stop but they're just SO darn good.
These were a bit of an experiment. I wanted to make s'mores bars but I really wanted to use caramel in them. So I did. That's just how I roll. I do what I want. When I want to do it. No one can stop me. If I want to make S'mores Bars with caramel I'm doing it. With pride.
My plan was to melt marshmallows over top but then I realized I didn't have any. Pretty much at the last minute, because that's also how I roll. Planning ahead is not my "thang". I was playing around with ideas and when I went to grab the marshmallows they weren't there. Oops.
So I grabbed Marshmallow Creme instead. Same diff. So I started scooping it out of the jar and kept thinking "I should stop now". Then I'd laugh hysterically and yell "you can't stop me, you can't tell me what to do, I do me, you do you". Then the neighbours must have complained because the cops showed up.
I asked them if they had any marshmallows in their car but they didn't seem impressed. I mean they grab coffee and hot chocolate while they're working, so it seemed like a pretty good leap of faith they might have some marshmallows in their car. Apparently you shouldn't ask them that.
So I reluctantly settled for more Marshmallow Creme. Then a little more Marshmallow Creme. Then a wee bit more Marshmallow Creme. Next thing you know I had an empty jar in my hand. I cried for a few minutes then realized I had 4 other jars in the pantry so all was well with the world again. My happiness depends on my Marshmallow Creme stockpile. It's a thing.
I popped the bars in the oven and let the Marshmallow Creme bubble up. Then I tried really hard not to shove my face in it when it came out of the oven. Once you do that once you never really do that again. Or so I've been told. I mean it's not like I ever did it or anything. I would never. Ever. Twice.
I decided to pour some melted chocolate over top while the marshmallows were still warm. It was sort of cool because the marshmallows had a funny reaction to the chocolate and some of the marshmallow bubbled up through the chocolate. It looked super cool, not going to lie.
But I am going to lie and tell everyone I know I planned it that way. Because THAT is how I roll.
Recipes from Day 2 of Christmas Week:
- Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cookies from Desserts Required
- Spiced Hibiscus Cranberry Mojitos from Pineapple and Coconut
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Granola from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Peppermint Truffles from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Boozy Bourbon Balls from Amee's Savory Dish
- Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake from Comfortably Domestic
- Magic Cookie Bar Truffles from Farm Fresh Feasts
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from My Catholic Kitchen
- Cardamom Coffee Bars with Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Frosting from Daily Appetite
- Christmas Swirl Bundt Cake from Savory Experiments
- Cherry Brandy Old Fashioned from Food Babbles
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Covered Snowmen S’more Sandwiches from Big Bear's Wife
- Chocolate Covered Coconut Bon Bons from Everyday Southwest
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from CopyKat Recipes
- Crock Pot Chocolate Cherry Nut Cups from Flour On My Face
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest ~ Twitter~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
S'mores Christmas Crack Bars
- 12 chocolate graham crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 7 ounce Marshmallow Creme
- 2 cups chocolate chips dark or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter an 11 x 7 baking pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with chocolate graham crackers.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the butter melts and the mixture is very well combined. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Increase heat a tiny little bit, and bring the mixture to a low boil, you want to cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes, just so it starts to thicken a bit and turn golden brown. Don't stir it during the process, but you can lightly swirl the pan. Keep a really close eye on it because it can go from a beautiful golden brown to a burnt mess in no time flat. As soon as it turns amber turn off the heat and swirl so it doesn't overcook.
- Pour the caramel mixture over top of the graham crackers in the pan. Smooth out. Allow to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Scoop the Marshmallow Creme out of the jar and randomly drop spoonfuls over top of the caramel mixture. Smooth out as best you can.
- Place the baking pan in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes. Just enough to get the marshmallow creme soft and melty.
- Pull the baking pan out of the oven and place on cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat until the chocolate is smooth. Pour over top of the marshmallow mixture in the pan. Place in the fridge to set up.
- It helps to score the bars before they completely set. It will make them a bit easier to cut later.
- Cut into squares in any size you prefer.
- Serve with a big old s'mores loving smile!
I know right. It's beautiful! This girl LOVES her chocolate desserts. She also LOVES marshmallow creme.
Edit: This post was originally part of a Christmas Week Event where we awarded $800 in prizes. Giveaway is closed!
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more dessert recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more Christmas recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
We love to make Christmas crack here!
Angela | Mind Over Batter
Giiiiiiiirl... This right here is the reason I want to move next door to you. And I won't call the cops. I'd be sitting in your kitchen. Waiting. And when you're not looking, I would run away with your s'mores crack bars and your marshmallow creme stockpile. OK, just the bars.
I have to say these are GENIUS! S'mores for a crowd without the lighter fluid or smelling like a campfire for the rest of the holidays!!
Plus, Thank you , thank you for putting together Christmas Week! It has been totally fun to be a part of it and get to know you and so many other bloggers much better!
Luckily I don't have any marshmallow cream, because if I did ... Oh darn, I have marshmallows. So now I have to go and make a variation on your variation. Hahah because that's how we roll.
Everybody has their traditional favorites they request at holidays. I LOVE throwing something new in the mix! And this will be the one this year.
Can't wait to watch all of our chocoholics go nuts 🙂
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
GIRRRRL WHAT. How did you make the crack toffee goodness even BETTER??!
Ha, thanks Kayle. It's so dang good.
Trying grape juice in lieu of wine for whole 30 compliance.
Cool. I have no willpower for the whole 30!!