This rustic peach slab pie recipe is incredibly easy to make and uses fresh peaches for maximum flavour. This peach pie will be a hit with all your family and friends.
Click here to PIN this Rustic Peach Slab Pie!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Loblaws Companies Inc.. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love a good rustic peach slab pie. Seriously, it's the best pie out there. No other pie can compete with it in my world. Every year I count down the days until Ontario peaches become available.
There is something about peach desserts that puts a smile on my face. The sweet taste of the fruit just brightens my whole day. There's no other summer fruit that makes me happier.
If you're like me you're always looking for fabulous peach recipes. You also need to know where to buy in-season foods during each season. It's so important to know where to locate fresh food.
I swung by Loblaws to pick up tons of peaches so I could bake up a storm for peach season. I've been making pies, and tons of cobblers. I can't get enough peaches this year.
This recipe is simple to make and your family will love you for making it. Honestly, this is the kind of recipe that gets others to do dishes for you. It might actually be good enough to get a new deck built.
Shoot for the stars. Make it multiple times and bribe your family to help around the house. By the time peach season is over you could have your whole house redone. You're welcome.
If nothing else this is one of those recipes that everyone should have in their recipe box. I'd highly recommend saving this, or pinning this so you can make it any time you like!
Whip this up for your family and friends today. This recipe is one you will make time and time again. Your family and friends will beg you to bring it to every function. Who can blame them?
This recipe is super easy to make!
Just a few ingredients thrown together for a perfect rustic pie!
Nothing beats an easy pie recipe. Especially peach pie!
For extra oomph just brush with some egg wash over you pie and sprinkle with sugar!
Your pie will be extra sweet and tasty! Then you just let the pie cool, if you can resist it that long!
Now let's grab that recipe and whip up this delicious Rustic Peach Slab Pie!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest ~ Instagram ~ Kiss My Smoke
Rustic Peach Slab Pie
- 3 packages ready made pie crust comes in packages of 2
- 10 cups peaches sliced
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- Egg wash for brushing crust
- Sugar for sprinkling on crust.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 x 18 baking pant (I used a half sheet pan which is 13 x 18 inch)
- Place 1st pie dough on lightly floured surface, top with 2nd pie dough, then 3rd pie dough. You will have 3 layers which you are going to roll out together so you have enough dough for the large pan. Roll out bottom crust so it's a bit bigger than your baking pan, that way it will come up the 1 inch sides to form a pie crust properly. Place in cookie sheet. Use your fingers to push into the corners and up the sides of the pan.
- Place peaches in a bowl after cutting. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- In another bowl mix both sugars, corn starch, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir well.
- Toss peaches on bottom crust, then sprinkle sugar mixture over top.
- Roll out top crust using the other 3 pie doughs. Place 1st pie dough on lightly floured surface, top with 2nd pie dough, then 3rd pie dough. You will have 3 layers which you are going to roll out together so you have enough dough for the large pan. Roll out top crust so it's a bit bigger than your baking pan, that way you can pinch the edges. Place on top of the pie. Use your fingers to push into the corners and crimp the edges any way you like.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 40 to 55 minutes, depending on how dark you like your crust.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the pie to cool. Slice into squares once cooled. Serve the pie on it's own. Or serve with ice cream. You can also serve with shipped cream if you like. Or use both.
- Serve with a big old peach loving smile.
More Peach Recipes from around the web:
- Peach Salsa from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peach Cobbler from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peach Sangria from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peach Crumble with Create with Mom
Swing by my recipe index for more summer recipes. You can also find more fruit recipes on my blog.
Make sure you follow me on Pinterest so you can keep up with everything I'm pinning. Also follow me on Instagram so you can keep up with all the latest recipes from the blog.
Megan @ MegUnprocessed
This is so creative! That heart cut-outs are so cute!
Omgosh, words cannot express how delicious this looks! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us at Merry Monday this week!
Your pie looks yummy, the photos are gorgeous btw. Rustic pies suit the fall season. I don't make them often actually, but will need to whip one of these up. Thanks for the inspiration.
I adore the crust!! Such a cute way to do it.
Lauren Gaskill | Making Life Sweet
The peaches! Those hearts!! This is so beautiful! Sharing everywhere. 🙂
How much salt? Thanks! ☺
Hi Rachel. Sorry about that, it's been hectic here. Our washer died, our fridge died, and our roof is leaking. I think it's thrown me off my game because I'm usually really good about editing things. I apologize.
You can use anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt. It's just enough to bring out the sweetness of everything, without being overwhelming. Hope that helps. Thanks for giving me a heads up the measurement was missing. It's much appreciated.
Thanks for sharing on The Creative Corner! Featuring this tonight!
Made this pie today and it was delicious! It was my first time making peach pie with fresh peaches and it did not disappoint! Thank you for the great recipe😊