This saucy mozzarella chicken bake is super easy to make. It's a hearty one pan chicken recipe that's packed with flavor without any fuss. Whip this up for dinner tonight!
This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
I'm such a sucker for comfort food. Things like soup, Mac & Cheese, and cheesy meals are my favorite things to cook and eat!
This girl loves ooey, gooey cheesy dinner recipes. I also happen to really dig easy recipes. I'm super busy so I need to be able to get in and out of the kitchen quickly.
That said, I'm not willing to compromise when it comes to taste. Simple and easy doesn't mean your dinner should be boring or flavorless.
Whenever I cook I want the best bang for my flavor buck without a lot of hassle or fuss.
I just happen to feel the same way about shopping. We're a Walmart family, through and through. We shop there often because it has everything we need at great prices.
They have a fabulous line of frozen soups plus Mac & Cheese. Their Great Value line has 6 new items available in the frozen food section of your local store.
BE SURE TO SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO LEARN HOW TO ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A $50.00 WALMART GIFT CARD!!!
All their Great Value products are fully cooked so you just need to heat and serve. That's a win in this mom's book!
Pricing is under $5.50 for four 8-oz servings so the name of their product is perfect. Their Great Value products are actually a great value. I dig that.
You can serve them with a salad or sandwich. We do that often for lunch. There is nothing like a great bowl of soup for lunch with a nice healthy sandwich.
Or just eat them solo. I love a hearty soup for lunch or dinner. This Great Value Chicken Tortilla Soup is the bomb!
If you're like me you also love using products like this in creative ways to keep dinner interesting. My goal is to be able to cook something fabulous in under an hour most days.
Today I used the Great Value Tomato and Basil Soup to make an incredible Saucy Mozzarella Chicken Bake. Using the soup added flavor and convenience.
This recipe turned out even better than I expected. The prep was super quick and easy which is perfect for busy weeknights.
Be sure to pick up some Great Value Soup or Mac & Cheese at Walmart in the frozen food section! Also, scroll down to enter the giveaway!!
I highly recommend whipping this up for dinner tonight. Your family and friends are going to love this recipe!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest ~ Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Saucy Mozzarella Chicken Bake
- 1 pkg Great Value Tomato Basil Soup
- 1.5 lbs whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, diced
- 12 oz roasted red peppers, jarred
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ lb mozzarella cheese
- Boil soup in bag as directed on package. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large cast iron skillet with non-stick spray. Place on burner and turn heat to medium high. Place chicken breasts in hot skillet and allow each side to brown. This should take about 3 minutes per side for a thick chicken breast. Remove chicken breast from pan and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to same skillet. Place over medium heat and allow oil to heat slightly. Add shallots and allow to cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss in roasted red peppers, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add soup to skillet and cook over medium high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes. You want the soup to thicken slightly.
- Add chicken breasts back into skillet. Place skillet in preheated oven. Bake chicken for about 20 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken breasts you use. Mine were very thick.
- Remove skillet carefully, leaving oven on. Scoop some of the sauce mixture over chicken. Add ⅔ of mozzarella over top of the chicken. Place skillet carefully back in oven and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add remaining mozzarella over chicken and bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer. (You could also turn your broiler on and broil on low for about 3 to minutes for a really crisp top)
- Remove from oven and spoon extra sauce over top of chicken! (You can also serve this over cooked pasta or polenta)
- Serve with a big old saucy smile!
GIVEAWAY INFO BELOW!!!
- I'm giving away (one) $50.00 Walmart Gift Card to one lucky winner.
- Winner must reside in U.S. and be over 18 years of age.
- Winner will be asked a skill testing question.
- Winner will be notified via email and has 72 hours to reply to claim their prize before a new winner is chosen.
- Good luck to all my fabulous readers!!!
Please enter using the Rafflecopter Widget below!
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more dinner recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more pasta recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me. The opinions and text are all mine.
Broccoli Cheese soup is my favorite.
I use soup in my favorite chicken & dumplings recipe!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP USED AS SAUCE FOR MUSHROOM FILLED PASTA!
I love homemade loaded potato soup- with cheddar cheese and bacon -so good!
Amanda Lindsay Shearouse
I love potato soup 🙂
i like cauliflour cheese soup
I love tuscan soup!
I love soup! My favorite is stuffed pepper soup.
Chicken lemon orzo soup!
our favorite soup is chicken tortilla soup
My mother likes the butternut squash
CHeesey potatoe casserole with cream of chicken soup
I love potato soup so good