This Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken recipe is super easy to make and only uses a few ingredients. Eat it plain, or pile it high on a slider bun!
I love pulled chicken recipes and this slow cooker pulled BBQ chicken is one of my favourites. It’s so easy to make and it’s absolutely and utterly delicious. You can jazz it up or keep it super simple. The possibilities are endless with pulled chicken recipes.
We love eating this version on slider buns, either with or without slaw. Either way tastes utterly delicious. It’s also really good piled high as a sandwich with BBQ sauce spilling out the sides.
This is perfect for weeknight dinners, or on busy weekends. Set it and forget it recipes really do make life easier. Some days are so insanely busy that you just need recipes that are simple.
You can double or triple batch this one if you like. Typically I make a triple batch so we have tons left. I love using the leftovers on pizza. If you’ve haven’t tried chicken on pizza you’re really missing out. Not even kidding, it’s so good.
Some days I do an easy BBQ Chicken Pizza, and other times I’ll make Buffalo Chicken Pizza. You can really go crazy with pulled chicken on pizza, get creative and pile on everything you can think of. The flavour possibilities are endless.
No matter what you do with the leftovers you will love this recipe as is. Eat it straight up, or on little sliders buns. Top with extra BBQ sauce and you will have one tasty dinner.
If you’re not a big chicken fan you can make this with pork and beef as well. They all work perfectly in this recipe. Honestly, pulled meat is about the best thing since sliced bread.
Whip up a big batch of this Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken today. Freeze the leftovers so you can have it any time you want. Or pile the leftovers high on a slider, or a pizza. Then invite me over. For real!
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Rib Sliders
- Slow Cooker Huli Huli Chicken
- Short Rib Ragu
- Slow Cooker Spare Ribs
- Vegan Sloppy Black Eyed Peas
- Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Taco Seasoned Slow Cooker Pretzels
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Toss cut up onions over top of the chicken.
- Combine brown sugar, Italian dressing and 1/2 of the BBQ sauce together in a medium size bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add garlic, honey, and spices. Whisk until combined. Pour over chicken and onions.
- Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender enough to pull apart with forks.
- Use forks to shred the chicken, or use a hand mixer with beaters to shred the meat. This technique works beautifully for shredding pulled meats.
- Add remaining sauce to the slow cooker with the meat, and cook just until it heats up. I usually heat it all up in a cast iron pan for a few minutes to really bring it all together and save time. You do whatever works for you. Once it's hot and well combined you're good to go. Time to chow down.
- Place on slider buns or hamburger buns. Eat it plain or with a slaw. Your choice.
- Serve with a big old Pulled BBQ Chicken loving smile!
Take some time to check out my recipe index for more great slow cooker recipes. There’s lots of wonderful recipes to look through in the recipe index. You can also use the search function to look for recipes.