Yah baby! How do you like those....cherries. Okay it started off okay then got weird. Which seems par for the course for me. doesn't it?
This one has lots of nuts, just like my weekend with my family. Chock full of nuts. Mostly me. The biggest nut of all.
Enough about nuts, let's talk about chocolate. Ah, sigh, chocolate. I love chocolate. So very much. So I put tons of it in here. Like oodles, like oodles and bunches. I made the base chocolate then I thought to myself, "self, this is NOT enough chocolate". So I made myself put more, as more is always better. Especially when it comes to chocolate. So I asked myself again, "self, what else could you add to make it more chocolately and make people pass out upon biting into it." So I made myself add chocolate pieces. But it still didn't seem to be enough chocolate. So once again I asked myself, "self how on earth can you pack more chocolate into this so when people eat it then will be in a chocolate coma". So I made myself add white chocolate pieces. So there ya go, chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate. How can you go wrong with this much chocolate? You can't!!! You cannot go wrong with that much chocolate. Or that much nuts.
Yet something was still missing. So how do improve upon this masterpiece, well if you're me, you add cherries. Not just any cherries, but fresh cherries. Yah baby, fresh cherries rock my world. Chocolate rocks my world. Nuts rock my world. My world was rocked this weekend. If you want your world rocked you should make this. Or hop on a plane like Scott and Donna did and I'll make this for you. Sound like a plan? How many beds should I make up?
Can you hear angels singing? Honestly, is that not just the prettiest thing ever! If you think it looks good you should taste it. Every bite is packed with chocolately, nutty, cherrier (is that a word? it is now) goodness. Makes your mouth sing. Party in your mouth. Yup, you're gonna want to buy bigger pants. But who could resist this? You'd have to be a saint, or allergic to chocolate or something. Okay so on to this slamming, rocking, mouth partying recipe. Enjoy, and make it often. I know I am pulling this one out when we have company. That was how many beds now??
Triple Threat - Chocolate Cherry Walnut Ice Cream
- ¾ cup good quality cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- Pinch of vanilla salt regular salt is fine
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semi sweet chocolate chopped up
- 2 ounces white chocolate chopped up
- ½ cup walnuts chopped up
- 1 cup cherries chopped up
- Chop up your chocolate, cherries and walnuts and set aside. (I did mine in my food processor)
- Put your cocoa, both sugars, and salt in a mixer and whisk.
- Add your whole milk and whisk until sugars are dissolved.
- Add your heavy cream and vanilla, mix until blended.
- Cover the bowl and stick in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Remove and transfer mixture to ice cream maker freezer bowl.
- Turn on for 15- 20 minutes.
- Add your cherries, chocolate pieces and walnuts during the last few minutes.
- You can serve immediately or stick in your freezer until you are ready to serve. Just remember is you are freezing it you should take it out 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a big old chocolate loving smile!
Okay so now that I've made myself hungry I am going to go grab what's left of this rocking ice cream and enjoy every spoonful. Make sure you call ahead of your flying in so I can make another batch. And possibly clean up the house. Or make the kids clean up the house. Or maybe move and I won't have to clean up the house.
Toodles and smoochies! xx
This definitely has wow-factor written all over it! Chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate? How can I resist this one?!
Add chocolate sauce and chocolate sprinkles!!
Haha, oh my! Love this! Have to agree, when I have something naughty...might as well go all the way! 🙂
@Peggy- Thanks so much. No one can resist this much chocolate. It's just too yummy!
@Jammy Chick- Oh good idea! Must do that.
@Charissa- Thanks. I think if you're already gonna be in trouble you gotta make it worthwhile. Lol!
Lynn @ I'll Have What She's Having
That is seriously a lot of chocolate. This ice cream must be incredible!