Hi folks. This post is dedicated to the lovely ladies who dreamt up “The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2011″. So this one goes out to Lindsay of Love and Oil Olive and to Julie of The Little Kitchen. To give you the low down on this event here’s how it worked. The ladies had food bloggers sign up. Then they assigned each person 3 others to send cookies to. I cannot even begin to fathom the amount of work and organizational skills it must have taken to put this all together. These ladies rock, and they rock hard. So take some time to go check out their blogs and say hello. Tell them to go take naps as they must be way tired after this monumental undertaking. They are already considering doing it all over again next year so make sure you go sign up at “The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap“, this will ensure you get on the mailing list for next year. I had trouble with the code for the pic of the swap so will pop it up here later once I get the code figured out and working correctly. You can also visit the swap on facebook by clicking HERE!
- 1½ cups sugar
- 5 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shortening
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 3 cups vanilla oats
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla salt
- 1 cup coconut
- In a saucepan combine your sugar, cocoa and milk. Cook over medium-low heat stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Now bring to a low boil, (you don’t want to get it too hot) and add your shortening and Nutella. Mix until it melts.
- Add your oats and mix well.
- Now remove from heat and add your vanilla salt, coconut extract and your coconut flakes. Stir well.
- Now with a spoon or ice cream scoop lay them out on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Now leave them to set up. I always eat about 5 while they’re hot, I’m not gonna lie.
- Serve them up with a smile or send them off to people you love.
|FROM K&K TEST KITCHEN- HAYSTACK COOKIES|
|FROM MISS DELISH- RED VELVET AND PEPPERMINT WHOOPIE PIES|
|RED DEER FOODIE- MOLASSES GINGER CRISPS|