St. Patrick’s Day Pistachio Mousse Cups

St Patricks Day Pistachio Mousse Cups

I may have just made the easiest dessert on the face of the planet. It’s easy, it’s cute and it took about 5 to 10 minutes to whip up.

I know it’s super impressive right. Pfft!

These were born out of sheer necessity. I joined a group of bloggers to do a St. Patrick’s Day Group Post, then proceeded to get the flu. I had planned to make something else, but after not having been to the grocery store in 10 days the pantry had slim pickings. I still wasn’t ready to go shopping at the time I needed to get the photo ready so I had to get creative, and quick. So this is what happens when I have the flu but I still want snackies in the house for the family.

Cute, fun, easy, and green for St. Patrick’s Day. You’re welcome.

St Patricks Day Pistachio Mousse Cups

St. Patrick’s Day Pistachio Mousse Cups

Prep time
Total time

Super easy to make, super fun to eat!
Serves: 4 small dishes
For the Base:
  • 1 cup graham crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Mousse:
  • 1 package of pistachio pudding mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup whipping cream (I used cool whip)
For the Topping:
  • ½ cup whipping cream
  • optional- crushed or chopped pistachios
For the Base:
  1. In a small bowl mix the graham crumbs and melted butter. Press into cups.Tamp down. The bottom end of a honey dripper works really well.
For the Mousse:
  1. Mix all three ingredients in a stand mixer (or hand mixer and bowl) until fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe into cups.
For the Topping:
  1. Put you whipping cream in a piping bag and pipe over top of the mousse.
  2. Top with pistachios if desired.
  3. Place in the fridge for about 2 to 4 hours to chill well.
  4. Serve with a big old luck of the Irish smile!
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 dish

St Patricks Day Pistachio Mousse Cups 1

I would like to invite you all to visit all the other lovely bloggers who participated in this St. Patrick’s Day Event. They whipped up some wickedly good Irish and Green recipes for you. Thanks to Jen of Jen’s Favorite Cookies for organizing this. She did a wonderful job.

1. Key Lime Pound Cake by Joan at Chocolate Chocolate & More
2. Mini Banoffee Pie Tarts by Kelly at Kelly Bakes
3. Chocolate Bailey’s Mousse Tart from Nancy at Gotta Get Baked
4. Irish Carbomb Cupcakes from Susan at Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
5. Pistachio Caramel Cookies from Jen at Jen’s Favorite Cookies
6. Guinness Stout Mini Bundt Cake from Shanna at Pineapple and Coconut
7. Irish Cheese and Bacon Cheesecake with Walnut Crust by Carla at Chocolate Moosey
8. Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheese Trifle from Anita at Hungry Couple NYC
9. Key Lime Pie Ice Cream from Renee at Magnolia Days
10. Pistachio Mousse Cups from Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
11. Irish Eggs Benedict from Isabelle Crumb Blog
12. St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Stack from Angie at Big Bears Wife
13. Guinness Chocolate Cake from Jen at Juanita’s Cocina
14. Irish Potato Oatmeal Bread from Sarah at What Smells So Good

St. Pats Day Group Photo

I am so thankful the flu is over and I’m back in the kitchen. Super excited to share normal recipes with you again. Yah for being healthy again. Bring on the baking!! That makes total sense in blogger speak, trust me.

Comments

1. Ann says

What a great idea for a quick, tasty dessert…and they are so pretty it looks like you spent all day making them! Another winner!

Pistachio pudding is my absolute favorite!! I love that you made them individual-sized. Quick question, what size tip did you use to pipe? I have a few, but I can never seem to find the perfect one for cupcakes and “bigger” sized things.

Also, I’m so glad you’re feeling better, Kim! I had a nasty cold a few weeks ago that knocked me out. And the weather and temperature changing so drastically certainly isn’t helping!

• Kim Bee says

Hey Kelly. Let me double check and get back to you. I think it’s in the dishwaher. I have a few giant sized ones. I’ll take a peek once it’s clean, I use it for everything I swear.

• Denise Kasbohm says

I love these. I am going to make them for our group get together on the 17th. I too would like to know what size tip you used and how what size the cup was (how many ounces??) Were they shot glasses by chance?? THanks so much. Hope you are feeling better!! :o)

• Kim Bee says

Hey, just saw this. They were special order tips. Giant really. I am not sure which tip I used for the green one. But the brand is Ateco and I have a #849, and #828, so it’s one of those. The white was the Ateco #869, for some reason it got stuck in the freezer with the cream in the bag still so that’s the only reason I know for sure which one that was.
          The cup is a mini dessert glass, and it doesn’t have it stamped on them. So I just measured it out with water and an ounce measuring cup. They fit 3 ounces.

Hope that helps and isn’t too late. If you ever need advice feel free to hit my email if I don’t respond here right away. It’s cravingsofalunatic@gmail.com. I’m usually really good about responding quickly but this past week has been crazy trying to get caught up on work and household stuff after being sick.

Let me know if you made them and how you all liked them. Feel free to shoot pictures too.

Hey Kelly:

Got caught up and never replied. If you read this grouping of replies you should see all the info. If not feel free to email okay.

You’re such a trooper, Kim, for continuing to turn out beautiful, drool-inducing recipes while battlingthe flu. You’re super woman! As for these mousse cups – yum! I love that they’re simple. Sometimes you really need something in your back pocket that’s quick ‘n easy to whip up yet still blow-my-mind flavourful. I love pistachio and the green colour is so festive. Perfect for St. Patty’s.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks Nancy. I just could not back out. I wanted to participate so much so I made it work. Lol.

I tend to love quick n easy. Even if I have lots of time I still do easy. I think it’s called being lazy. Ha.

Why am I not surprised that you had a packet of pistachio pudding mix kicking around in your cupboard? :)
    Quickie desserts are the best. If I only spend 10 mins on preparation, I don’t feel quite as annoyed when everyone inhales their portion in 5 minutes flat. So there!

• Kim Bee says

Should I admit to having two, and 4 chocolate. Apparently I was awaiting some form of natural disaster or something. Plus two tubs of cool whip. Honestly I just love cheater desserts. Frees me up to do more important things, like watching the real housewives of everywhere.

Exactly!

Kim I really love these little mini desserts you are coming out with… these are fabulous. Hey… it may have been easy and out of necessity.. but it’s totally cute. Now I’m going to go little glass hunting. :)

• Kim Bee says

Thanks so much Ramona. I just love mini things.

I got some really cool ones at the chef supply store. And also Pier One Imports has amazing ones and great sales if you find the clearance section.

• Kim Bee says

I’m usually all thumbs too. I had a good day and it was pure luck it worked. I owe you an email, I have not forgotten.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks Susan. It’s been an uphill battle. I think it’s got my body all messed up. I can’t seem to bounce back. Going to talk to my doc about a B12 shot this week. Hopefully it helps.

Me too. We were like separated at birth or something.

• Kim Bee says

Ha, aren’t they adorbs. I was so shocked they shipped to Canada. I had Lizzy at the ready just in case they wouldn’t. She graciously offered to be my plan B.

You know, the flu is gone but I’m so tired. I’ll see if I’m just needing some B12. Hopefully that fixes me up. Just dragging my butt this week. So weird. I’m usually a complete spaz when it comes to energy.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks Elizabeth. That is a total compliment coming from the sugarhero. I love your site.

Doing better, flu-less but wackadoodle tired. It’ll pass. Maybe I need more sugar?

• Kim Bee says

Thank you so much Diane. I am chomping at the bit to try your pistachio cut out cookies. I love that you adore pistachios as much as I do. Makes me seriously happy.

I am totally trying out your cherry pie cookies soon too. I’ve had them bookmarked and just waiting for the right time to whip them up. I love cherry as much as I love pistachio. I want to do a whole week dedicated to what you can make with cherry pie filling. I’m a girl on a mission to convince people cherries are wonderful.

• Kim Bee says

Me too. I just love it. Really good in ice cream mixes as well. Gives the pistachio taste without a whole lot of effort.