This is an amazing and easy recipe to make a layered ice cream cake that will make your taste buds and tummy happy! Layers of brownie and mint chocolate chip ice cream with Brownie Hot Fudge Sauce in the middle for an added bonus. Your going to love this!
Welcome to #IceCreamWeek! Myself and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina have teamed up with more than 20 of their blog friends to bring you a week full of ice cream treats, including a special ice cream giveaway! Prepare to have your taste buds tempted with some of the best ice cream treats around!
Today we are celebrating Jen of Juanita's Cocina's Birthday with an Ice Cream Party! We love Jen oodles and bunches! We invite you all to head over to her website today to wish her the happiest of birthdays. You can also stop by her Facebook wall to wish her a Happy Birthday there as well!
Love you like a sistah from another mistah Jen!
So have you ever wondered about the private lives of bloggers? Ever wonder what daily conversations are like for serious foodies who are completely obsessed with coming up with off the wall recipes?
Well I'm going to share with you anyway. Deal.
So in the midst of ice cream week and all the chaos that ensues with events like this, I was swamped and asked hubs to go to the store for me. This is the basic idea of how conversations go with foodies and non-foodies.
Me: I need you to run to the store for me.
Me: Yes again. *mutters something along the lines of ungrateful so and so*
Hubs: Okay, what do you need?
Me: I wrote it all down but we need to go over cuz it's pretty specific.
Hubs: It always is.
Me: Well that was uncalled for.
Hubs: Kidding (I know he's lying). So this list doesn't make any sense.
Me: Um, yes it does. It makes perfect sense.
Hubs: You need butter to make homemade brownies, but it also says you need store bought brownies and brownie mix.
Hubs: That doesn't make any sense. Just use the brownie mix for everything you need to make brownies for.
Me: *Gasps in horror* Dude, seriously, that's just not cool. I always make homemade brownies.
Hubs: Then why do you need store bought brownies and brownie mix?
Me: *epic sigh* The store bought ones are for breaking into ice cream and the mix is to make hot fudge sauce that tastes like brownies.
Hubs: Why is it okay to use store bought brownies in ice cream, and why do we need hot fudge sauce that tastes like brownies?
Me: It's like you don't even know me at all.
Yup, only foodies will get this conversation. The rest of you are wondering why I have so many weird food rules.
It's like you don't even know me at all.
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- Brownie Mix prepared (I used homemade and you can find the link to the recipe below)
- Brownie Hot Fudge Sauce I used homemade and you can find the link to the recipe below
- Cook your brownies according to your mix or according to your recipe.
- Remove from oven and pop in the fridge to harden a bit.
- Pour warm hot fudge sauce over the brownies (store bought or homemade) and pop back in the fridge.
For the Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
- In a stand mixer combine whole milk, sugar and salt. Whisk on high till sugar dissolves.
- Add cream and mint extract, whisk on high (start slow and build to avoid splatter) until the mixture is creamy and fluffy like whipped cream.
- Cover and stick in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove from fridge and transfer to your ice cream maker. Churn for about 15 minutes. Then add chocolate chips. Churn for a few more minutes.
- If fairly firm you can pour right over the brownie/hot fudge mixture, then cover and pop in the freezer for about an hour.
- If it's not hard enough enough, pop it in the freezer for an hour or so till it's hard enough to spread over the brownie/hot fudge mix without leaking all over the place and down the sides.
- Freeze for at least an hour or overnight.
- Take out about 10 or so minutes before serving so the brownie/hot fudge portion thaws enough to spoon through. Otherwise you'll break your teeth!
- Serve with a big old minty smile!
If you’d like to check out today’s #IceCreamWeek recipes, drool over the blogs below:
Ice Cream Crunch Cake by Juanita's Cocina
Birthday Ice Cream Bombe by girlichef
Japanese Yuzu Citrus Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
Coconut-Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Cups by The Kitchen is My Playground
Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Cookistry
Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake by Food Babbles
Funfetti Ice Cream Krispie Cupcakes by The Spiffy Cookie
Brownie Fudge Ripple Ice Cream by Poet in the Pantry
Wild Blueberry Ice Cream Smoothie by Foodness Gracious
Please join us today, Saturday, August 17th at 2 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) for our PinChatLive Event happening simultaneously on Pinterest and G+. We'll be announcing the winners of our giveaway and talking ice cream! Please join us for our Ice Cream Social at 2 pm! We have ice cream cookbooks up for grabs. We also have 10 Ben & Jerry's Swag Prizes up for grabs. So check out our Pinterest Board, #IceCreamWeek during the event at 2 p.m. today to win one of these amazing prizes!
My contributions to Ice Cream Week 2013!
Thanks for joining us this week. It's been so much fun hosting ice cream week. Thanks to all our participants who have gone above and beyond this week. I could not ask for nicer blogging buddies. A huge thank you to Jen, my amazing co-conspirator in these events. You complete me!
Toodles and ice cream smoochies! xx